Borderlands, Brink and Rage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brazucass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Brazucass
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

I love borderlands and finished the game and its expansionstree times. I am anxious for brink and rage since they are a clear copy of such a great game.

I waswondering wich one of the 2 upcoming games are better, what would be the main differences, and mostly like to repeat borderlands' success.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
LOL, I'm completely the other way around. Hated Borderlands and Brink and Rage look boring....
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

I really don't see many similarities. I guess Brinks artstlye could kinda be considered similar, and Rage's environment. They are definitely not copies in my eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

Only similarities i see between brink and borderlands is strictly in art style. For Rage its just a case of "oh look another desert wasteland", beyond that i don't see any similarities thatt can be drawn to Borderlands.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

I am really looking forward to brink. I didn't know until recently that it was a steamworks game so I missed the 25% d2d sale :( hopefully theirs another one for mothers day lol

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts
Brink isn't like Borderlands at all. Its an objective based shooter on arena style maps. Rage is somewhat closer to Borderlands from what I've seen. Its open world post apocalyps with buggies, but its more of a sinlge player shooter than a co-op RPG. If your looking for another Borderlands than Rage is way closer than Brink. That being said I'm pumped for Brink, looks like a great new and inventive shooter.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

If you enjoyed Borderlands then you won't sleep of eat for days when Rage and Brink get released, no matter if they turn bad, they'll be way better than Borderlands.

Rage is a like Fallout and Brink is like APB without cars, neither of them are heavily instanced. like Borderlands.

supertegwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 supertegwyn
Member since 2005 • 1584 Posts

I am really looking forward to brink. I didn't know until recently that it was a steamworks game so I missed the 25% d2d sale :( hopefully theirs another one for mothers day lol

tutt3r
I want your sig. Where can I get it?
supertegwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supertegwyn

Doesn't matter, got it.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

supertegwyn

http://steamcard.com/

supertegwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 supertegwyn

[QUOTE="supertegwyn"][QUOTE="tutt3r"]

DanielDust

http://steamcard.com/

Lol I got it, thanks anyway.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

I'm a huge fan of Borderlands and Rage made me drool but have no interest at all in Brink.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Brink is nothing like Borderlands. They might have a barely similar artstye, but that's it.

Edit: Just properly read through the thread, only a couple of people seem to actually know anything about Brink. The others are making wildly inaccurate statements.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I really don't see many similarities. I guess Brinks artstlye could kinda be considered similar, and Rage's environment. They are definitely not copies in my eyes.

agpickle

This. Far from it actually. In this context, you could say all of these games are copies of Fallout 3... which to me would be kinda absurd to say. I don't like to make these kinds of comparisons just because they share the same post-apocalyptic setting themes. I think people get confused with the art style and call it similar games, which they are not.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Im sure both will be good games and different in there own right..Rage is a post apocolyptic style type game..Brink looks innventive..You can enjoy single player games along with online mode..Its why i bought it..was hopeful it wasnt another cod type game..Im tired of cod..Its old an done in my eyes..Maybe some of yall like rehashed type games but i like to move on to new and better games...Battlefield 3 looks great to me..Any how rage has style and plenty of it..It will be different than borderlands for sure..Plus id sofware looks like there making a strong game..Been taking for ever for it to come out..They like to take there time with games and get it right..Im looking forward to both games..Havent played a id game since doom 3 this will be quit interesting..

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Im sure both will be good games and different in there own right..Rage is a post apocolyptic style type game..Brink looks innventive..You can enjoy single player games along with online mode..Its why i bought it..was hopeful it wasnt another cod type game..Im tired of cod..Its old an done in my eyes..Maybe some of yall like rehashed type games but i like to move on to new and better games...Battlefield 3 looks great to me..Any how rage has style and plenty of it..It will be different than borderlands for sure..Plus id sofware looks like there making a strong game..Been taking for ever for it to come out..They like to take there time with games and get it right..Im looking forward to both games..Havent played a id game since doom 3 this will be quit interesting..

Gladestone1
Agreed. Looking forward to exploring Rage's world. Day one purchase for me.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

I love borderlands and finished the game and its expansionstree times. I am anxious for brink and rage since they are a clear copy of such a great game.

I waswondering wich one of the 2 upcoming games are better, what would be the main differences, and mostly like to repeat borderlands' success.

Brazucass

"clear copy of..." Rage was in development before Borderlands was, it is a sorta sandboxy FPS, not an rpg, with a co-op separate from the campaign. They both take place in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Brink is an objective mp shooter, basically it's the successor to Wolfenstein:ET, adding only customization to character/weapons and a new movement system. The setting is sorta post-apocalyptic, but completely different from anything I've seen of Borderlands or Rage, it sorta reminds me of Waterworld

(if you want to know what it'll be like, wolf:et is free, go play that, it's not as great as it was due to the community getting smaller and kinda ruining some aspects with dumb mods and too many bots)

Borderlands is a co-op rpfps, it has stats, loot, leveling (in a more rpg/mmo grindy way) shows your damage, is cel-shaded. The biggest thing it has in common is, it has guns and is post-apocalyptic.. that's about it.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
Rage looks interesting, however Brink looks pretty generic to me. Well maybe not generic...but for some reason I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to play it.
magnusm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 magnusm1
Member since 2009 • 918 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]LOL, I'm completely the other way around. Hated Borderlands and Brink and Rage look boring....

WHAT DID YOU SAY? Brick does not approve.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I can only see the comparison to Rage, and even that's just because of similarity in the setting. Tonally, I think Rage and Borderlands couldn't be farther from each other. Between Brink and Rage though, I have FAR more interest in Rage.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="magnusm1"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]LOL, I'm completely the other way around. Hated Borderlands and Brink and Rage look boring....

WHAT DID YOU SAY? Brick does not approve.

You mean Brink? lol....
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Hated Borderlands FelipeInside
Hate it all you want, but you have to admit Lilith was awesome...and hot.:P