Borderlands 2 better than the original?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I liked the original but never finished it....how does 2 compare?

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
BL2 is better in every way when compared to the original game
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
BL2 is better in every way when compared to the original gameTokeism
Basically this. I couldn't finish the first one. Borderlands 2 is a great game.
gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts
I never played BL1 but I'm enjoying BL2 quite a bit. I'm loving the mechromancer class.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Guess i'm the only one on the planet but so far liked Borderlands 1 better. Having trouble getting into the 2nd one.

None stop talking, bad menus and find first area ugly but playing with a friend so trying to get into it.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Yeah. Borderlands 2 is a lot better than the first.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Had to force myself to finish Borderlands, after the third zone I was playing on autopilot.

On the other hand I find Borderlands 2 to be very, very good. It still has some issues, especially level-scaling related, but it's miles better than the first.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I prefer BL2 over the original. I did enjoy Bordlerlands 1, but got a bit bored of it and stopped playing about 75% of the way through the campaign. I went back to finish it off just before getting BL2 and got hooked into that. It basically takes what BL1 did well, and makes several small improvements to produce an overall much more enjoyable game.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Infinitely better, but still not fun without friends.

nilzg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nilzg
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts
[QUOTE="Sleepyz"]

Guess i'm the only one on the planet but so far liked Borderlands 1 better. Having trouble getting into the 2nd one.

None stop talking, bad menus and find first area ugly but playing with a friend so trying to get into it.

Nope you're not the only one, I liked BL1 better than the second also. (the second is okay though)
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

You have to play with friends really.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Borderlands 2 has a lot of improvements over the first one, but it seems to be a LOT shorter than the first one sadly.. Still, with different classes it has a lot of replayability and they have been releasing dlc steadily.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It is WAY WAY better. I thought the first one had some good ideas but overall was lackign in alot of departments.

BL2 though is better in every single way, its got more humor, its got better writing, better dialogue, much better characters, more replay value, much more variety in locations, Much better use of colors (looks so much better from an art design aspect) and so much more.

BL1 I would give 6/10 and BL2 I would give 9 or 9.5/10, this is how you do a proper sequel! The first game I was so bored by the time I was half way done the game, that I foudn myself forcing yself to keep playing and beat the game. While with BL2 that never happened I just kept playign because I was having a blast and not bored at all.

The only thing that BL1 MIGHT do better is the begining, it does take a little whiel for BL2 to get going, but once it does get going, oh boy is it good.

Grimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Grimlim
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

Borderlands 2 is probably better, but they made a few changes I don't like. While the idea of manufacturers with unique trademarks is good, i didn't think it was executed well. The actual attributes the guns got felt mostly like a balancing negative than an interesting sidegrade. Hyperion for example, shoot longer get more accurate, it is just annoying and makes me sell every hyperion gun I get. Torgue is the only explosive element maker, but explosive bullets are now gyrojets and are not consistent enough to be great. Dahl is all burst fire, Maliwan was unchanged, Bandit guns are generally awful, it's hard to find a good vladolf gun (at least it was for me). I thought the most well done types of guns were tediore and e-tech. This in turn made loot a bit less satisfying along with the lack of good chests.

Second, some of the areas have wayyy too many enemies. Opportunity for example just had wave after wave after wave, along with constructors (hated these guys) and I thought robots were generally unsatisfying to kill.

Overall the game was very good though. Worth buying especially if you have friends to play with.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
No, BL 1 is a disaster, wouldn't be fair to only say BL 2 is better. I absolutely hated 1, 2 however is one of the two games I can call "near perfect", together with Portal 2.
mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

Better in almost every way. Stays true to the silliness and all that, but doesn't improve the rpg elements (skills are still mostly passive except for the first one). Environments and loot are more varied. Also the PC options are great.
Still more of the same, but a lot more polished. Enjoyable in single player, but obviously more fun with friends.