Blizzard 'official news press': We are doing 3D Diablo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yupeizuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yupeizuan
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

funny thing, it seems that Blizzard's job opportunities page looks more like its "news press page". Now everyone knew they are making a Next Gen MMO via its employment info. And this time, once again, new job opportunities bring new game(Diablo III or World of Diablo?).

bWu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bWu3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

About time they make Diablo 3 but I hope its not P2P that will be so lame, but I wonder how the new sorc will teleport and how will the gameplay change. Lets hope this isn't going to be a wow clone or should I say "World of Diablo".

The wait begins!~

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

you know what's funnier? there's no such thing as "the team behind diablo series". the majority of the talent in Blizzard North -- the developer of both Diablo and Diablo 2 -- went on a massive exodus in year 2003, and Blizzard closed down B. North in 2005.

also, it's not very smart to take wild-guesses as official news releases. Blizzard hires people all the time, and while it seems inevitable that Diablo 3 will arrive someday, let's no get carried away like the folks did back when IGN put up a Diablo 3 page with nothing but a tba status....lol...what a joke......

Kniterait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Kniterait
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts
The thread title is full of lies. Obviously you dont know what a official press release is.
yupeizuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yupeizuan
i used '****' that means this is actually not a official press , you don't know?
LHOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LHOO
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts
wtf? No MORE MMO PLZ
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
Why did Blizzard North leave?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts

i saw several months ago a couple job openings at blizzard that were basically for people who could build MMOs on current-gen engines...i don't know where Diablo 3 is headed, but i dont think blizzard needs another MMO.

besides, it'll be fun enough to point-and-click in full 3D

middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 middito
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts
IMO i think d3 would be better on low population servers. or game join like d2. In my mind i don't think a d3 mmo on the scale of WoW would work out so well unless the map was HUGE and there were hundreds of varied difficulty dungeons, corrupted towns and caves.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
who wants to bet diablo will be a mmo? whatever i dont care hope they bring the necromancer back. if they were smart they would make it like guild wars with main city areas but smaller areas for quests and such.
pieatorium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 pieatorium
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

i saw several months ago a couple job openings at blizzard that were basically for people who could build MMOs on current-gen engines...i don't know where Diablo 3 is headed, but i dont think blizzard needs another MMO.

infect999

IMO i think d3 would be better on low population servers. or game join like d2. In my mind i don't think a d3 mmo on the scale of WoW would work out so well unless the map was HUGE and there were hundreds of varied difficulty dungeons, corrupted towns and caves.middito

Perhaps they are making something similar to Guild Wars? Trying to stitch up the non subscription market aswell. I think the Diablo style of game is more suited to this and it would make more sense than having yourself as a direct competitor with the same model.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
They've had that job posting off and on for the last couple of years. They do have a D3 in the works, though I honestly don't know if it's MMO or not... I really doubt it, though.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
I so hope this is true!
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
I hope Diablo 3 isn't a MMO.
scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

I don't think it would be an MMO... wouldn't that mean they are just taking some more players from WoW, along with warhammer and AoC?

The copying Guild Wars idea sounds good.

middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 middito
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

i just hope the rating stays Mature, it wouldnt be the same if it was rated T. D3 shouldnt be "player friendly" against enemies.

D3 needs Big horrying bosses, hundreds of mobs. creatures that will make you fear bedtime stories. That cooped with a team of 5-8 in full 3d with weapons and physics makes for an sequel that won't be forgotten. like fallout, DK, etc. If they do it right their might not be a need for a sequel after D3, D2 is still running strong how many years after its release?

yupeizuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yupeizuan
i guess it will be on console. Blizzard do not have many titles on consoles. They should have some
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Diablo 3 would never be a mmo.. WoW is by far too impressive when it comes to popularity.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="infect999"]

pieatorium

IMO i think d3 would be better on low population servers. or game join like d2. In my mind i don't think a d3 mmo on the scale of WoW would work out so well unless the map was HUGE and there were hundreds of varied difficulty dungeons, corrupted towns and caves.middito

Perhaps they are making something similar to Guild Wars? Trying to stitch up the non subscription market aswell. I think the Diablo style of game is more suited to this and it would make more sense than having yourself as a direct competitor with the same model.

Diablo 2 tried to mimic this type of community... But I think they just didn't have the technology to do it effectively.. It probably will be like Guild Wars..