Blizzard Has Considered WoW 2...would you play it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

There is an article on gamespot that talks about it here:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-has-considered-wow-2-what-would-you-like-/1100-6421751/

Curious if it's something you guys would look forward to even though most here seem to be long over WoW.

Personally I would love for another WoW game to come out but with all the updates I'm not sure it would ever happen.....though really this is one cash cow they will probably never let go by the wayside.

But even we will probably all be dead by the time it comes out....

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Certainly, I would like it not to have the holy trinity and if it did then do something different like Path of Exile where you can choose anything from any tree, creating true hybrid classes.

I don't know, I think WoW is so deeply ingrained in Blizzard now that Titan will essentially be WoW 2.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

If WoW 2 got officially announced, I would be skeptic towards it.

It could be great, but I would wait to see its feature list, and even then I would be careful to not get hyped until launch when NDA breakers, will have confirmed whether or not it is absolute garbage or not. Recent expansions make it even harder to get hyped.

What I would like to see.

• A seperate timeline from WoW's preferably going back to Warcraft 2.
  • Chris Metzen is not writing for it
  • Draeneis if ever implemented look like draenei instead of space goat waifus
  • A themepark design like what WoW has, no need to change anything here.
  • Servers with seperate difficulties. How about Normal mode servers and hard mode servers.
  • Dramatically toned down powercurve with a level cap of 20 at launch, each level will be significantly slower, not designed to push a player through a zone as fast as possible. Design it so to give players time to smell the roses.
  • No active dodging, keep that crappy mechanic out of non action mmorpgs. It was bad enough in GW2.
  • Bring back the group quests
  • A new engine. The WoW engine, while still effective is showing signs of age, I am sure Blizzard's engine for WoW 2 will be even better.
  • In combat, let there be more than tank healer and damage dealer, just like vanilla did. Support is by far the most fun role in mmorpgs, but we rarely see support, just the boring old tank, healer and dd.
  • Make WoW feel like an adventure again.
  • Return the talent trees., make them a bit more open ended though.
  • Allow players to play as hybrids again, rather than shoehonring everyone into one of the 3 roles.
  • Completely overhaul the crafting, or ditch it entirely. It is utter crap in WoW, and probably features one of the most shallow crafting systems I have seen in any mmorpg.

Edit: What updates, recently WoW has been one of the most lazily supported MMORPGs out there. It has been what? A year since the last notable update? And the upcoming expansion pack looks watered down with Blizzard cutting the edges everywhere if impressions from people playing the beta is anything to go by.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

No, I want Warcraft 4.. :(

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Im hoping a game comes out in the future that has unforgiving gameplay similar to Everquest 1. WOW pretty much ended my enjoyment of MMOS because it was so casual and hand-holdey, raiding was too straight forward, too easy and didnt feel very rewarding in comparison to EQ1. Now every MMO that comes out follows the same formula. Since EQ2 was crap and EQ1 has been made more casual -I have completely lost interest in MMOS.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Absolutely not! This game has already consumed a huge portion of my life and I will NEVER go back *looks for needle*

Seriously, WoW is bad for you. Min/Maxers need to stay the **** away.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@pelvist said:

Im hoping a game comes out in the future that has unforgiving gameplay similar to Everquest 1. WOW pretty much ended my enjoyment of MMOS because it was so casual and hand-holdey, raiding was too straight forward, too easy and didnt feel very rewarding in comparison to EQ1. Now every MMO that comes out follows the same formula. Since EQ2 was crap and EQ1 has been made more casual -I have completely lost interest in MMOS.

They say the raiding and dungeons in Wildstar are challenging.

As for WoW2, I would play it, but to me what ruined WoW wasn't only making the game casual, but what the community has become. It used to be great with friendly people, now if you make a mistake or ask a question you're an idiot.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58928 Posts

Would rather a Warcraft 4.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Nope, but not being a fan of the original, I am probably not part of their target demographic anyhow.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Maybe SWG 2.0 but not WoW. I was never a fan.

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

WoW 2 is a stupid idea.

WoW is so big and people have been playing it for so long if they just came out with a sequel I think it would fail. If they wanted to do a major overhaul that'd be another story, take Eve for instance the game is just as old but has done a complete graphics overhaul and looks beautiful.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maroxad

@FelipeInside said:

@pelvist said:

As for WoW2, I would play it, but to me what ruined WoW wasn't only making the game casual, but what the community has become. It used to be great with friendly people, now if you make a mistake or ask a question you're an idiot.

Compared to modern WoW and other mmos? Yes.

Compared to EverQuest? WildStar's difficulty is a complete joke.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Would rather them pretend WoW never happened (story/lore wise) and make Warcraft 4

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Wow is a monster I don't know if they could just make a 2nd. It would need to just be a complete overhaul of current WoW. I just started playing again and boosted a druid to 90 and with 10 min in timeless isle I had several epics. It's crazy now. I know the iLvl isn't as high as gear from raids but still. I liked it when epics felt well epic. Not to mention stats are just crazy anymore the numbers just keep getting higher. Pretty soon I'll need a 4k monitor to show all the numbers on screen. 999,999,999,999,999 dps with 453,342,533,454,356,146,753,346 health.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

@blutfahne said:

Maybe SWG 2.0 ....

I'd buy that.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad
@-wildflower- said:

@blutfahne said:

Maybe SWG 2.0 ....

I'd buy that.

I think a lot of people would. The goodwill generated from SWG would be enough that SWG2 would get a lot of hype from the name alone. And if done right, superb word of mouth will carry it through.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#17 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Hell yeah.

Because my IRL friends (even ones that barely play games) will probably play it, like most Blizzard games.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@pelvist said:

Compared to modern WoW and other mmos? Yes.

Compared to EverQuest? WildStar's difficulty is a complete joke.

Yes, compared to the new age of MMOs after WoW.

I never played EverQuest so I don't know how it was. I do recall though it would punish you for dying (loss of XP, items, damage etc) which MMOs should bring back.

I also heard Realm Reborn can get challenging.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maroxad

@FelipeInside said:

Yes, compared to the new age of MMOs after WoW.

I never played EverQuest so I don't know how it was. I do recall though it would punish you for dying (loss of XP, items, damage etc) which MMOs should bring back.

I also heard Realm Reborn can get challenging.

Unfortunately, he wants something in EverQuest 1's difficulty vein. Hence the comparison.

Being punishing is one of the reasons EQ1 was harder than WoW, but there was more.

1. Encounters and bosses took a lot more time.
  2. Raids were bigger. And frequently involved more than 40 people.
  3. Pulls were much more emphasised. Same goes for splitting groups... and this was key.
  4. Speaking of Pulls, Pullers was one of the many roles that are missing from the likes of modern WoW. In addition, there was Crowd Control and Support.
  5. Each class felt more unique as opposed to the increasingly homogenized classes WoW had to offer, wher you might as well just have tank/healer/dps.
  6. Competing with other guilds for raid bosses.
  7. Normal questing required groups... yes every quest was a group quest, and most mobs could be classified as elite mobs in WoW.

Edit: This of course does not mean WoW wasnt challenging at launch. Hell, WoW's challenge was much more carefully crafted than what EverQuest did. By making it more fair and less time consuming. My ideal challenge in an mmo would be as tough as EverQuest and as fair as WoW.

jesslee099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 jesslee099
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Warcraft 4 pls. Also... only if WoW 2 is free to play.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Compared to wow its a joke also from everquest..The running joke world of warcrap

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

Hell yeah.

Because my IRL friends (even ones that barely play games) will probably play it, like most Blizzard games.

Ehh....If I played certain games just cause my IRL friends played it, I'd be playing lots of dogshit.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Its no challenge compared to the old days how do you guys enjoy this..Its a cupcake world..Miss them old days of mmorpgs with a challenge in them..

Nekuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Nekuu
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Without a doubt.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@harry_james_pot said:

No, I want Warcraft 4.. :(

@uninspiredcup said:

Would rather a Warcraft 4.

Yup.

@jesslee099 said:

Warcraft 4 pls. Also... only if WoW 2 is free to play.

Also yup.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58928 Posts

World Of Warcraft already has free2play (as in buy mounts, power-boosts, visual Armour) model inside a $80 game with $15 or so a month fee.

Chances are World Of Warcraft 2 would be ridiculously expensive. Blizzard make great games but they are some of the greedyest fuckers on the face of the earth.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Most likely how it would be. I'd still try it at least. I don't have anything against the gameplay style of most MMOs, I just absolutely refuse to pay a sub fee to play a game. If they made WoW 2 either full on free to play, or a buy to play, with no subscription kind of thing, like Guild Wars, I'd definitely get it and give it a chance, just to have an RPG in the Warcraft universe.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

warcraft 4 pls , or an warcraft game with single player story mode