Bioshock Infinite Discussion, Screenshots, Videos - Keep it here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#151 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Considering I was getting my ass handed to me on Hard in several sections (though I did manage to complete it without changing) I'm going to pass on 1999 I think.  I'm doing much better on my second Hard playhtrough now that I have a good handle on the combat, but I imagine 1999 will be brutal.

andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts
I would really love to know why the trolls are coming out of the woodwork on this one. I never liked the original Bioshock, tried to get into it several times and just couldn't, but I was blown away by Infinite. I don't think I've ever seen the degree of trolling associated with a game this good, trolling every Infinite thread, downvoting good reviews and positive comments, 1 paragraph 0-4/10 reviews. All of it seems to just be incoherent hate for the sake of riling people up. SerOlmy
Ever consider that some people honestly didn't like the game? That's not trolling my friend. But yeah, this game blows the previous Bioshocks out of the water.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#153 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

But yeah, this game blows the previous Bioshocks out of the water.andmcq

Haaaaaa I see what you did thar

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#154 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
There is a big difference between not liking something and actively trolling every thread, review, and comment section around. I fully accept that people might not like it just like stupid people didn't like Inception. But a lot of people have taken trolling this game to the next level.
andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts
There is a big difference between not liking something and actively trolling every thread, review, and comment section around. I fully accept that people might not like it just like stupid people didn't like Inception. But a lot of people have taken trolling this game to the next level.SerOlmy
Inception was awful... :D
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

There is a big difference between not liking something and actively trolling every thread, review, and comment section around. I fully accept that people might not like it just like stupid people didn't like Inception. But a lot of people have taken trolling this game to the next level.SerOlmy

Pretty much. I saw some guy spoiling the ending on my Bioshock video because he didn't like the game and wanted to ruin it for others... :?

Needless to say I removed his comment and blocked the dumbass

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#157 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="andmcq"] But yeah, this game blows the previous Bioshocks out of the water.with_teeth26

That was good.XD
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#158 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

So, ummm, has anyone tried 1999 Mode? How is it? Miroku32

I'm currently working through it. Going for the "Scavenger Hunt" achievement (beat 1999 mode without ever buying anything from a Dollar Bill vending machine). It's been pretty brutal. Wasn't too bad early on, but then I got to 

[spoiler] the hunt the three tears section, and had to fight lady comstock's ghost a couple times. That was ridiculous. Once I was able to get around a glitch I mentioned earlier, and equip the "Blood for Salts" shirt (40% chance the enemies drop salts on death), it got much more doable. Definitely not looking forward to that last fight. [/spoiler]

Edit: DONE!

ibnbo7aQ2Z8RTC.jpg

The final fight wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. All it took was [spoiler] fully upgraded Devil's Kiss, droppin charged up traps everywhere, wearing the "Storm" hat, which makes the effect spread to other enemies when you kill someone with devils kiss, and the "Blood for Salt" shirt, which gives you salt when enemies die 40% of the time, and strategic timing of Songbird attacks. [/spoiler]

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
^Gratz. Perhaps I'll try it later.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]So, ummm, has anyone tried 1999 Mode? How is it? the_bi99man

I'm currently working through it. Going for the "Scavenger Hunt" achievement (beat 1999 mode without ever buying anything from a Dollar Bill vending machine). It's been pretty brutal. Wasn't too bad early on, but then I got to 

[spoiler] the hunt the three tears section, and had to fight lady comstock's ghost a couple times. That was ridiculous. Once I was able to get around a glitch I mentioned earlier, and equip the "Blood for Salts" shirt (40% chance the enemies drop salts on death), it got much more doable. Definitely not looking forward to that last fight. [/spoiler]

ibnbo7aQ2Z8RTC.jpg

The final fight wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. All it took was [spoiler] fully upgraded Devil's Kiss, droppin charged up traps everywhere, wearing the "Storm" hat, which makes the effect spread to other enemies when you kill someone with devils kiss, and the "Blood for Salt" shirt, which gives you salt when enemies die 40% of the time, and strategic timing of Songbird attacks. [/spoiler]

Thank God I don't care about achievements :P

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 with_teeth26

[spoiler] Playing through on hard I actually found the second fight against Lady Comstock the toughest bit of the game. It took soooo many tries and deaths to finally get through it, I can't imagine how hard it must be on 1999. [/spoiler]

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]So, ummm, has anyone tried 1999 Mode? How is it? seanmcloughlin

ibnbo7aQ2Z8RTC.jpg

Thank God I don't care about achievements :P

I normally don't either. But it's Bioshock. :P And I noticed after my first playthrough that I only had like 5 achievements left, glanced over them out of curiosity, saw the description for Scavenger Hunt, and I was like, "thems fightin words, Bioshock". 

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 the_bi99man

[spoiler] Playing through on hard I actually found the second fight against Lady Comstock the toughest bit of the game. It took soooo many tries and deaths to finally get through it, I can't imagine how hard it must be on 1999. [/spoiler]

with_teeth26

[spoiler] I also found the Lady Comstock fights to be pretty much the hardest parts of the game (except for the couple of times I fought Handymen before realizing their heart was a weak spot). I saw someone in this thread mention that if you kill her minions with Devil's Kiss, they burn up and she can't revive them. Otherwise she keeps rezzing them forever. After trying that, it made those fights pretty much a cakewalk, even on 1999 mode. Also, the "Blood for Salts" shirt is pretty much a must-have. Combined with the "Storm" hat, you can just spam charged up Devil's Kiss traps at big crowds, and everyone just explodes, replenishing your salts as they do. [/spoiler]

The_Cous18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 The_Cous18
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Albert Fink Presents "God Only Knows" preformed by Columbia's gayest quartet!

If you're up in the air on whether or not to purchase this game, this video should convince you.

Wasdie

this was brilliant, made the game even more special for me :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Made a review for the game if anyone wants to check it out :)

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Finally finished it. I actually rather enjoyed it.

unmastered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 unmastered
this game looks just amazing and im ready to try it
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts
Anyone find that weapon upgrades are pretty much useless ? A lot of times in the game you are forced to switch weapons due to lack of ammo for current favorite. It would be great if you found enough money to upgrade all weapons.But you don't. Sure when she is with you she'll throw you ammo...but she is not always with you. I fully upgraded 4 weapons and few partials but found myself using a lot of other weapons at times, which had no upgrades. Money would be better spent on Vigor upgrades first. I'm not saying don't...especially if it is your second play through so you know where everything is. But from my first play through...I wish I had spent more on Vigor upgrades then weapon. Game would have been more fun.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Finished it. It's mostly rubbish but it sure looks good. The Prometheus of videogames.

Still better than the first BioShock.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 the_bi99man

Anyone find that weapon upgrades are pretty much useless ? A lot of times in the game you are forced to switch weapons due to lack of ammo for current favorite. It would be great if you found enough money to upgrade all weapons.But you don't. Sure when she is with you she'll throw you ammo...but she is not always with you. I fully upgraded 4 weapons and few partials but found myself using a lot of other weapons at times, which had no upgrades. Money would be better spent on Vigor upgrades first. I'm not saying don't...especially if it is your second play through so you know where everything is. But from my first play through...I wish I had spent more on Vigor upgrades then weapon. Game would have been more fun.OgreB

During my playthrough on hard, I found plenty of money for upgrading... almost every weapon. But the vigors are more important, anyway. fully upgrade devil's kiss, and always charge it up to trap status before throwing it, and it dominate. Gear is important, too. With the Storm hat, devil's kiss actually becomes kind of OP. And the Blood for Salts shirt is a must. During the second half of my 1999 mode playthrough, I probably threw more devil's kiss traps than I shot bullets. 

Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts
anyone else notice the pipe organ music on the beach right after you get elizabeth? its playing "girls just want to have fun" by cyndi lauper. I cracked up when I noticed it.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 the_bi99man

anyone else notice the pipe organ music on the beach right after you get elizabeth? its playing "girls just want to have fun" by cyndi lauper. I cracked up when I noticed it.gearsofhalogeek

I did catch that. Also, spoiler'd in case you only just got to the beach, and haven't been farther yet, [spoiler] you can hear the actual song playing from a tear in the music shop later on. [/spoiler]

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#173 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Finished it. It's mostly rubbish but it sure looks good. The Prometheus of videogames.

Still better than the first BioShock.

Baranga
It's rubbish, but you finished the game? Mind explaining why you thought it was rubbish? It might prevent people from calling you out as a troll if your opinion came with actual reasons.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#174 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
baranga isn't a troll, he does have quite rare opinions on games, but certainly no troll.
Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts

[spoiler] So here is something thats pretty damn cool, you know the scene that shows when Songbird dies in Rapture?

Well you can actually hear it in the first Bioshock briefly @ 123 (Older Video from 08 that still has it as well, so it's not like they added it via a patch or at least recently)

Gotta hand it to them, pretty awesome.. [/spoiler]

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

Made a review for the game if anyone wants to check it out :)

seanmcloughlin

Pretty good review, I think it addresses the points well.

As for the game, I'm about 2 hours into it and I love it. It is sort of difficult to remove the "Deja Vu" feel though, thus far it feels a lot like the original Bioshock(which it in itself felt a lot like System Shock): Foreigner enters utopian-ish civilization that he didn't even knew it existed, civilization strives for perfection, vigors are just plasmids with different names(this I don't mind too much since it's a theme and classic gameplay mechanic of the ~Shock series, but still), Protagonist has a strange, somewhat convoluted relationship with the city, etc.

This will change the more I go on, I hope.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 the_bi99man

[spoiler] So here is something thats pretty damn cool, you know the scene that shows when Songbird dies in Rapture?

Well you can actually hear it in the first Bioshock briefly @ 123 (Older Video from 08 that still has it as well, so it's not like they added it via a patch or at least recently)

Super-Trooper

Holy jesus christ monkey balls. That is fvcking incredible.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 the_bi99man

This will change the more I go on, I hope.

cfstar

Pretty sure you'll be satisfied. It uses the series staples to set up the plot, but the story definitely goes places the previous games didn't.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Super-Trooper

tumblr_m3ry3pbGqi1qas2jho4_250.gif

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 with_teeth26

Super-Trooper

I see/hear no similarity between those two scenes. Seems like a bit of a stretch. 

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

Beat it Monday, it was incredible.  IMO one of the best games this generation, maybe the best.

[QUOTE="Super-Trooper"]

with_teeth26

I see/hear no similarity between those two scenes. Seems like a bit of a stretch. 

I can hear it starting at 0:15 in the first video.  I can't find/hear it in the other two.

Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts

Beat it Monday, it was incredible.  IMO one of the best games this generation, maybe the best.

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="Super-Trooper"]

FaustArp

I can hear it starting at 0:15 in the first video.  I can't find/hear it in the other two.

Plays right at the start in the 2nd and 3rd link, It's pretty easy to hear it right at the start of the 2nd video but a lot harder to hear it in the last video

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

Super-Trooper

Plays right at the start in the 2nd and 3rd link, It's pretty easy to hear it right at the start of the 2nd video but a lot harder to hear it in the last video

You're stretching that wayyyy too far I think. It's just something that sounds similar. I highly doubt they had that planned that far ahead. It's good but it's not THAT good. This has been happening ever since people finished it, they've been hearing and seeing things they want to just because it would be cool.

Even if it was there it makes no sense and totally undermines the greatness of the original 

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

[QUOTE="Super-Trooper"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]

seanmcloughlin

You're stretching that wayyyy too far I think. It's just something that sounds similar. I highly doubt they had that planned that far ahead. It's good but it's not THAT good. This has been happening ever since people finished it, they've been hearing and seeing things they want to just because it would be cool.

Even if it was there it makes no sense and totally undermines the greatness of the original 

I don't think so, it's clearly the same sound. And how exactly does it undermines it? :| If anything it, it makes it more awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Super-Trooper"] Plays right at the start in the 2nd and 3rd link, It's pretty easy to hear it right at the start of the 2nd video but a lot harder to hear it in the last videoharry_james_pot

I don't think so, it's clearly the same sound. And how exactly does it undermines it? :| If anything it, it makes it more awesome.

If it was clearly the same sound then I wouldn't be doubting its validity. It undermines Bioshock 1 slightly because it means some of Bioshock makes no sense without Infinite. It's the same when people said [spoiler] Booker = Andrew Ryan for some crazy reason [/spoiler]

It means Bioshock 1 wouldn't hold up as a whole experience on it's own anymore and you;d need to play Infinite for some of it to make sense.

Let me ask you this, why would they have the Songbird sound right there and then at THAT time? think about it logically and rationally, it serves no purpose only to be "Awesome" No way in hell did they have Infinite sounds in Bio 1 and plan that far ahead. Fans are seeing things that aren't there because they want it to be true to have that extra wow factor

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 edgewalker16

[spoiler]   Booker = Andrew Ryan for some crazy reason  [/spoiler] seanmcloughlin

That's a pretty cast-in-stone fact, actually. [spoiler] Only those who share Ryan's genetic signature can use a bathysphere (as said in an audiolog in Bioshock 1.  Booker is able to activate the sphere, therefore, he is also Andrew Ryan/Jack/other offspring of Ryan/Jack. [/spoiler]

On point, I watched those videos and couldn't hear a damn thing.  The mind hears what it wants to hear, I guess...

The_Cous18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 The_Cous18

[spoiler] What do people think of the end of the game? To be honest I feel it was not as good as other bioshock. Also potentional DLC's? [/spoiler]

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 edgewalker16

[spoiler] What do people think of the end of the game? To be honest I feel it was not as good as other bioshock. Also potentional DLC's? [/spoiler]

The_Cous18
There's 3 DLC confirmed. What they are is something else entirely.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="The_Cous18"]

edgewalker16

Yeah, I'm already getting anxious to hear about some DLC. I actually bought the season pass on impulse when I picked up my preorder, just because it's bioshock, and Irrational kicks way too much, and I'm sure they won't disappoint. Now that I've beat the game 2 and half times, I really want more. 

The_Cous18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 The_Cous18

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"][QUOTE="The_Cous18"]

the_bi99man

Yeah, I'm already getting anxious to hear about some DLC. I actually bought the season pass on impulse when I picked up my preorder, just because it's bioshock, and Irrational kicks way too much, and I'm sure they won't disappoint. Now that I've beat the game 2 and half times, I really want more. 

I am about to do it again on 1999 mode but I am in two minds wethever or not to buy the season pass untill I see if the DLC are any good, but if they are the same quality as the main game I think I will have to definitely buy the season pass 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"][spoiler]   Booker = Andrew Ryan for some crazy reason  [/spoiler] edgewalker16

That's a pretty cast-in-stone fact, actually. [spoiler] Only those who share Ryan's genetic signature can use a bathysphere (as said in an audiolog in Bioshock 1.  Booker is able to activate the sphere, therefore, he is also Andrew Ryan/Jack/other offspring of Ryan/Jack. [/spoiler]

On point, I watched those videos and couldn't hear a damn thing.  The mind hears what it wants to hear, I guess...

No it's not a fact that's something fans made up when in actuality [spoiler] they just had Booker use the Bathysphere because Liz doesn't have and level pulling animations, the only interactive one she has like that is lock picking and you couldn't exactly lock pick the lever now. Again it's people putting things together for the sake of the wow factor when in all liklehood that aspect was probably just overlooked about the genetic stuff. [/spoiler]

And yeah it's people hearing something from nothing just because they want it to be there

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"] There's 3 DLC confirmed. What they are is something else entirely.The_Cous18

I am about to do it again on 1999 mode but I am in two minds wethever or not to buy the season pass untill I see if the DLC are any good, but if they are the same quality as the main game I think I will have to definitely buy the season pass 

Ken said the DLCs are fan service more than anything. They won't alter or change the main game and will likely just be a little something extra to explain certain things. Like maybe the time period in which the song bird was created etc. 

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"][spoiler]   Booker = Andrew Ryan for some crazy reason  [/spoiler] seanmcloughlin

No it's not a fact that's something fans made up when in actuality [spoiler] they just had Booker use the Bathysphere because Liz doesn't have and level pulling animations, the only interactive one she has like that is lock picking and you couldn't exactly lock pick the lever now. Again it's people putting things together for the sake of the wow factor when in all liklehood that aspect was probably just overlooked about the genetic stuff. [/spoiler]

And yeah it's people hearing something from nothing just because they want it to be there

[spoiler] Well, doesn't Anna/Elizabeth say "One man, one city" in one of the conversations in the end? It's pretty obvious that "Columbia" didn't exist in the same world/universe where Rapture existed. [/spoiler] Just because the ending "woshed" above peoples heads doesn't mean that they see things that aren't there. It's nothing wrong with that. It's pretty much ok to not get books before you analyse them on a deeper level, way not games? I don't get why people damn play deeper meanings in games like bioshock, when it's apperent that they put a lot of effort into it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"]

kaealy

[spoiler] Well, doesn't Anna/Elizabeth say "One man, one city" in one of the conversations in the end? It's pretty obvious that "Columbia" didn't exist in the same world/universe where Rapture existed. [/spoiler] Just because the ending "woshed" above peoples heads doesn't mean that they see things that aren't there. It's nothing wrong with that. It's pretty much ok to not get books before you analyse them on a deeper level, way not games? I don't get why people damn play deeper meanings in games like bioshock, when it's apperent that they put a lot of effort into it.

she says [spoiler] "There's always a lighthouse, there's always a city, always a man" meaning that Rapture, Columbia and countless other worlds always play out the same. That there is always some weird city ruled by some crazy dude and a guy always comes and stops him. She's not saying they're all the same or are the same people. This is where people are failing on the interpretation. and again it undermines the uniqueness and power behind the original Bioshock after Infinite then. It means that the Original doesn't hold the same weight on it's own anymore and tying Infinite to it is just a abd idea and not Kens style. it's just fans speculating and connecting because they think it's cooler that way. Where once you had the Mysterious Andrew Ryan and learned a lot about him in the game and for it to suddenly BE Booker is just tacky [/spoiler]

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#195 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I'm having a bit of an issue with Bioshock infinite. Look at the light shafts in these pictures. Are they supposed to be all broken up like this? I swear they didn't look like this when I first started playing.

08D5F1AF80B1D80FE2F2B9A8B434D832EC46A317

B4BE89534B2FEE91ACEAA9FF1A7A2BC9B66F5EA6

25ED16654517EA1C581FBFFE4A2C841C1DF6A8CF

Is that how the light shafts are supposed to look?

lostshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 lostshore

[QUOTE="andmcq"] But yeah, this game blows the previous Bioshocks out of the water.with_teeth26

lolz
lostshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 lostshore
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

I'm having a bit of an issue with Bioshock infinite. Look at the light shafts in these pictures. Are they supposed to be all broken up like this? I swear they didn't look like this when I first started playing. Is that how the light shafts are supposed to look?

No sir, have you changed any in-game settings, or graphic card settings?
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

[QUOTE="kaealy"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

she says [spoiler] "There's always a lighthouse, there's always a city, always a man" meaning that Rapture, Columbia and countless other worlds always play out the same. That there is always some weird city ruled by some crazy dude and a guy always comes and stops him. She's not saying they're all the same or are the same people. This is where people are failing on the interpretation. and again it undermines the uniqueness and power behind the original Bioshock after Infinite then. It means that the Original doesn't hold the same weight on it's own anymore and tying Infinite to it is just a abd idea and not Kens style. it's just fans speculating and connecting because they think it's cooler that way. Where once you had the Mysterious Andrew Ryan and learned a lot about him in the game and for it to suddenly BE Booker is just tacky [/spoiler]

[spoiler] So you're pretty much guessing like everyone else and just have another interpretation based on the same sentence without much else basis? To me, ending up in rapture just before she says that sentence, just puts more weight on the theory that rapture is Colombia in another universe. Maybe you don't see it because you won't like what it would do to the rest of the series. That's totally fine dude. I personally believe that Colombia and Rapture are the same city, they are the same constant (which Anna mentions aswell during the end). You can't know and I don't know the right answer before there's some canon from the devs, this is the issue with using multi "universe" as a tool in a story. That is why everyone mostly hates it in movies and TV series. [/spoiler]
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#199 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
[QUOTE="lostshore"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

I'm having a bit of an issue with Bioshock infinite. Look at the light shafts in these pictures. Are they supposed to be all broken up like this? I swear they didn't look like this when I first started playing. Is that how the light shafts are supposed to look?

No sir, have you changed any in-game settings, or graphic card settings?

I can't think of anything. I might play around with the driver and see what happens. Any idea which setting might affect the light shafts? I've got an nvidia card.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="kaealy"] [spoiler] Well, doesn't Anna/Elizabeth say "One man, one city" in one of the conversations in the end? It's pretty obvious that "Columbia" didn't exist in the same world/universe where Rapture existed. [/spoiler] Just because the ending "woshed" above peoples heads doesn't mean that they see things that aren't there. It's nothing wrong with that. It's pretty much ok to not get books before you analyse them on a deeper level, way not games? I don't get why people damn play deeper meanings in games like bioshock, when it's apperent that they put a lot of effort into it. kaealy

[spoiler] So you're pretty much guessing like everyone else and just have another interpretation based on the same sentence without much else basis? To me, ending up in rapture just before she says that sentence, just puts more weight on the theory that rapture is Colombia in another universe. Maybe you don't see it because you won't like what it would do to the rest of the series. That's totally fine dude. I personally believe that Colombia and Rapture are the same city, they are the same constant (which Anna mentions aswell during the end). You can't know and I don't know the right answer before there's some canon from the devs, this is the issue with using multi "universe" as a tool in a story. That is why everyone mostly hates it in movies and TV series. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] I wasn't trying to dispute Ratpure is columbia, of course it is in another universe. Like you said, she practically says it outright. What I'm not agreeing with is Booker being Andrew Ryan or Booker being Ryan's son or anything like that [/spoiler]