Bioshock Infinite Discussion, Screenshots, Videos - Keep it here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts

2013032600002.jpg

So I just noticed this little sign and it appears to have Korean on it.  It sort of looks like "Eeh Seh Yo" or "am here".  Very interesting.  

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#52 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

So I just noticed this little sign and it appears to have Korean on it.  It sort of looks like "Eeh Seh Yo" or "am here".  Very interesting.  

k0r3aN_pR1d3

^^lol nice find^^ 

Love how devs sneek stuff like that in there

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"]

Bioshock Infinite FPS/Frame rate Dip/Drop/Stuttering Fix When loading new parts of map/level

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

On my rig it runs pretty well...most of the times at 60 fps, occasionally dropping to 50...BUT even those with more powerful rigs than mine have frame rate dips or the framerate are all over the place.
First thing first :
Ingame menu: Dynamic Shadow set it to HIGH, VERY HIGH and ULTRA(DX11) have major fps impact on the game and they are broken on nVidia cards.
                      Postprocessing set it to NORMAL, ALTERNATIVE(DX11) has major fps impact on the game and it makes little difference(close to NONE)
                      Lock Framerate set it to OFF...this form of ingame vsync is broken and it will cause a lot of framerate issue.Instead force vSync from nvidia cPanel or CCC panel...or use D3DOverrider to force vsync and triple buffering, since triple buffer works better forced through D3DOverrider!
If you do all of that your game will run better at higher fps...BUT you may still encounter FPS DIPS!
Those FPS DIPS(stutters) occur when entering(re-entering) new areas of the game.You have a stable 60 fps and all of the sudden for a brief period of time(a second or two) your frame rate drops bellow 10(fps), after that the game comes back to 60 fps...but it is very annoying when going back and forward through areas of the game.
This is a well known U3(the graphic engine that Bioshock uses). A good example is Batman: Arkham City...but in Arkham City when you would enter a new area of the game the fps would not drop so drastically...in Bioshock it drops under 10 fps!!!
Here is a fix which will make your fps not to drop that much when entering new zones/areas(on my machine i was going from solid 60 to 5-10 fps for just a second when etering new areas...now it drops only to 30 - 40 and also the time is much shorter...like...just a fraction of a second)
Go to C:\Users\\Documents\my games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config
Open XEngine.ini and:
Change bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming to False and bSmoothFrameRate to False, this seems to stop the stuttering when loading.
You can also change OneFrameThreadLag to False and PoolSize...i have set my PoolSize to 1024...but you can play with it to see how well it fits you.

And since his thread got locked thought I'd post it here to help other people out to fix the dips in frame rate due to loading of new parts of the map I only used the last part modifying the lines he say in the XEngine.ini and that fixed it for me I already have v-sync turned off in the game and in CCC to not add input lag.

If you have a powerful gpu you don't have to turn off the DX11 effects For Dynamic Shadows Ultra shouldn't be used I don't notice any difference from very high but fps takes a large hit but very high does improve the shadows over low-high(which look the same to me) and my 7950 with  1100mhz core oc can handle it just fine.  The DX11 alternate post processing does make a noticeable difference increasing the realism of stuff in the game and my gpu is strong enough to handle it and ambient occlusion should be set to Very high for a small boost in fps as I notice no difference between that and ultra every other setting there is a noticeable difference as you go up.

Reminds me why I never buy sp games at launch anymore.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

The above method made bugs for me, didn't load NPCs and Objects at certain points and I couldn't progress

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#55 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Please stop this topic consolidation thing, this is the onyl PC gaming forum that does this crap. There are still threads from 2 days ago on the front page so it's not like Bioshock threads would be pushing current topics to page 2. Browsing Bioshock threads per topic would be much more enjoyable.

I'll go elsewhere for this topic, enjoy your megathread.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#56 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

Anyone know the approximate size of the fully installed game?

seanmcloughlin

16.9 gigs

Oh good, I can install it on my laptop at work then. I only have around 21 gigabytes left there. 

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I did some .ini file configs to increase memory pools and levels didn't load properly and scripts didn't fire off right. I got stuck in a level and I couldn't move on. A lot of art assets weren't loading and scripts weren't running properly.

Be careful when editing your EngineX.ini file.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

I just started it last night, the beginning of this game was amazing.  :D

I'm probably gonna stay out of this thread though, I don't want to read anything even close to being a spoiler.  :P  Lol.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
I'm pretty certain that I don't have much left to play of this game... So I just bought the season pass for the game, and I will boot the game up again when I'm done to play it in 1999 mode. I don't think I have enjoyed a shooter this much since HL2.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I did some .ini file configs to increase memory pools and levels didn't load properly and scripts didn't fire off right. I got stuck in a level and I couldn't move on. A lot of art assets weren't loading and scripts weren't running properly.

Wasdie

Yep it was discovered shortly after people tried to implement it. It's either stick to stuttering or fvck up your game basically. 

I'm sure they'll patch it though, they'd have to. 

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
[spoiler] Just finished the game. At this point in time, I do not like the ending at all. All I really wanted was a happy ending. But other than that, I feel like there were some plot wholes that I could not knit closed. In the end, Booker killed himself to avoid Columbia and the whole chabang. However, shouldn't there be an infinite amount of other universes where he didn't kill himself and the loop just kept on going?

Also, why should he care? There are an infinite amount of universes with infinite suffering. /pHe can't do anything about it.

Moreover, Anna/Elizabeth says they can't just go to Paris because there will always be a Comstock to bother them. How does she know that? Comstock doesn't visit every universe, so why would he visit theirs in particular?

I would have been much happier if they found their own little safe universe and just spent their lives happily ever after in Paris. [/spoiler]
CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts

[spoiler] Just finished the game. At this point in time, I do not like the ending at all. All I really wanted was a happy ending. But other than that, I feel like there were some plot wholes that I could not knit closed. In the end, Booker killed himself to avoid Columbia and the whole chabang. However, shouldn't there be an infinite amount of other universes where he didn't kill himself and the loop just kept on going?

Also, why should he care? There are an infinite amount of universes with infinite suffering. /pHe can't do anything about it.

Moreover, Anna/Elizabeth says they can't just go to Paris because there will always be a Comstock to bother them. How does she know that? Comstock doesn't visit every universe, so why would he visit theirs in particular?

I would have been much happier if they found their own little safe universe and just spent their lives happily ever after in Paris. [/spoiler] Mochyc

[spoiler]   Yeah, I kinda agree.  The game is based around the multiverse theory, but tries to marry it with some time traveling concepts.  There isn't really a loop, but literally an infinite iterations so no matter what happened... It would happen.  Everything is, was, and always will be.  This is pretty explicitely stated in the game. [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I would have been much happier if they found their own little safe universe and just spent their lives happily ever after in Paris. [/spoiler] Mochyc

[spoiler] all the universes in which Booker was given the choice to be baptised or not he was killed. All the others he still lived, hence the after credits scene. When he died in those iterations the other ones never went to Columbia as Comstock or himself, some had a child and wife and others didn't. And he didn't care because he didn't know, because of all the sh!t that went down most of his thoughts were altered and he came up with new instances of things

I liked the ending, I would have hated a happy one, sometimes happy isn't always good. It's also more of an end to the Bioshock series too because it doesn't matter what you do, the same thing always happens. [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-59b71619573a1

2013032600002.jpg

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Looks like "Mi sae yo" to me 

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#65 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wasdie

Wierd, I did the FOV fix, stuttering fix exactly as it said to do them (along with Ben Buju's sweetfx) and it has been working fine for 5 hours so far. Better FOV and not as much stuttering so far. Thankfully havn't seen any art assets not loading. Did you increase random things or just what was said on the wiki?

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Mochyc

[QUOTE="Mochyc"][spoiler] Just finished the game. At this point in time, I do not like the ending at all. All I really wanted was a happy ending. But other than that, I feel like there were some plot wholes that I could not knit closed. In the end, Booker killed himself to avoid Columbia and the whole chabang. However, shouldn't there be an infinite amount of other universes where he didn't kill himself and the loop just kept on going?

I would have been much happier if they found their own little safe universe and just spent their lives happily ever after in Paris. [/spoiler] seanmcloughlin

[spoiler] all the universes in which Booker was given the choice to be baptised or not he was killed. All the others he still lived, hence the after credits scene. When he died in those iterations the other ones never went to Columbia as Comstock or himself, some had a child and wife and others didn't. And he didn't care because he didn't know, because of all the sh!t that went down most of his thoughts were altered and he came up with new instances of things

I liked the ending, I would have hated a happy one, sometimes happy isn't always good. It's also more of an end to the Bioshock series too because it doesn't matter what you do, the same thing always happens. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] When it comes to the choice of baptism, how did all the Bookers die? From what I understand, it was only one Booker from one universe that committed suicide. I would think that there are an infinite amount of universes were Booker did not commit suicide (leading to the continued creation of Columbia). There are also an infinite amount of universes where Booker died and was not able to save Elizabeth from Comstock.

My point in the end, is that committing suicide really didn't stop Columbia from happening in other universes. In addition, to me it seems pointless to worry about it since there are an infinite amount of universes that are dystopian and just as many that are utopian or somewhere in between. In either situation, there's nothing he can do about it. I'm not quite convinced it was a logical solution. Did you see things differently? [/spoiler]
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Played about four hours, great intro to an amazing city. Elizabeth is quite a good AI but not perfect. So far it's progressing very much like the other bioshock games and combat feels similar in some respects. Haven't done much skyhook combat yet but I assume there will be more.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

just two pictures i took, best to view in new tab. [spoiler] 31ADA2082E8959ED837B599E43D456D9F3B9A70796D106778A62970631C656E7282AA13C09FD7674

[/spoiler]

currently rendering a 50ish minute video of the very beginning. i thought of recording my entire playthrough from start to beating the game, but that would take too long.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#69 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Played a while longer, its starting to remind me of the previous bioshock games a bit more now but with less backtracking and better combat. 

I've been pretty OCD about exploring and collecting everything so far but I'm starting to get a bit impatient so I might start skipping stuff if it doesn't look important. There isn't a lot of narrative drive thus far (4-5 hours in) but I'm expecting stuff to pick up soon. 

I was just introduced to the 'tear' mechanic, I don't really like it so far, I find it a bit annoying when you are running around having stuff popping in and out of your vision. I think it would have been better if it made you choose one object to tear in at the start of a fight. 

I'm amazed people were able to finish this game in a day or so, there is so much to take in, I find it exhausting. 

Finally died a couple of times on hard, death penalties are pretty minimal though. I wish you could quicksave. 

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Anyone else have this problem ? Game Setting's on Low (Yes my PC Is **** And Framerate and all that jazz runs fine but the enemy's themselves run around like Robots their movements are very Janky and really off putting, any helpwith that ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Played a while longer, its starting to remind me of the previous bioshock games a bit more now but with less backtracking and better combat. 

I've been pretty OCD about exploring and collecting everything so far but I'm starting to get a bit impatient so I might start skipping stuff if it doesn't look important. There isn't a lot of narrative drive thus far (4-5 hours in) but I'm expecting stuff to pick up soon. 

I was just introduced to the 'tear' mechanic, I don't really like it so far, I find it a bit annoying when you are running around having stuff popping in and out of your vision. I think it would have been better if it made you choose one object to tear in at the start of a fight. 

I'm amazed people were able to finish this game in a day or so, there is so much to take in, I find it exhausting. 

Finally died a couple of times on hard, death penalties are pretty minimal though. I wish you could quicksave. 

with_teeth26

In the middle the game starts to drag and is very back trackey and errand fetch quest like, so don't sing it's praises yet. but after that it really rockets off towards the end and is non stop.

I finished it in two sittings lolabout 6 hours and then 5-6 more hours

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#73 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

[spoiler]

If I'm to understand this right, Rapture City is set in a different universe from Columbia then? Like both of them never existed together in the same universe.

So basically the Bioshock series is set in different universes, each with their own maniac creating some out-of-this-world city.
I think the ending was great, even though it was not a happy one. It lets you sit there and think about the whole story with the multiverse. I'm guessing if there were to be another Bioshock game, it'll be in yet another different universe. 

[/spoiler]

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mochyc

[spoiler]

If I'm to understand this right, Rapture City is set in a different universe from Columbia then? Like both of them never existed together in the same universe.

So basically the Bioshock series is set in different universes, each with their own maniac creating some out-of-this-world city.
I think the ending was great, even though it was not a happy one. It lets you sit there and think about the whole story with the multiverse. I'm guessing if there were to be another Bioshock game, it'll be in yet another different universe. 

[/spoiler]

mhofever
[spoiler] I don't think it says anything explicitly whether Rapture is in the same universe or not. When Elizabeth takes you there, I'm not sure if we know if it's in the same universe or not. Also, Rapture existing in another universe does not mean that it cannot exist in the one with Columbia. [/spoiler]
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Wasdie

Yep. happened here too.

Guys, if you forget to backup your EngineX.ini file, just delete it, the game will create a new one next time you launch it.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Grey_Eyed_Elf
I just completed it... Loved the whole thing, even the ending.
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ben-Buja

I just completed it... Loved the whole thing, even the ending. Grey_Eyed_Elf

Me too, I just finished it an hour ago.

Such a fantastic game from start to finish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]I just completed it... Loved the whole thing, even the ending. Ben-Buja

What you think of the ending? Having been spoiled like I was were you still surprised by parts? I sure as hell was lol

I always knew two very big elements to it but I kept thinking "But how does it even get to that point :?"

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#79 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

kozzy1234

Wierd, I did the FOV fix, stuttering fix exactly as it said to do them (along with Ben Buju's sweetfx) and it has been working fine for 5 hours so far. Better FOV and not as much stuttering so far. Thankfully havn't seen any art assets not loading. Did you increase random things or just what was said on the wiki?

I think I did something else that wasn't on the wiki. I should follow that wiki to get rid of the stuttering. It's annoying and it's totally caused by a lack of allocated memory. Damn console games. 

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ben-Buja

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]I just completed it... Loved the whole thing, even the ending. seanmcloughlin

What you think of the ending? Having been spoiled like I was were you still surprised by parts? I sure as hell was lol

I always knew two very big elements to it but I kept thinking "But how does it even get to that point :?"

Actually the ending wasn't spoiled completely, I stopped reading halfway through his comment. I knew some things and figured some others out before the end. It was still a surprise though. As you said, there's just so much going on lol

[spoiler] Personally I loved the ending, it was crazy, the whole thing with the infinite lighthouse and doors leading to other universes, Booker becoming Comstock at the battle of wounded knee in one reality, Comstock becoming sterile through messing with the quantum tech and time travel, leading him to get his alternative reality self's daughter for a gambling debt.

It's confusing, but I prefer it this way to the "everything gets revealed" kind of ending. I like mysterious endings.

[/spoiler]

Presentation wise the whole game was brilliant, there were so many insanely beautiful places, the devs really outdid themselves with the visual design

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mochyc

[QUOTE="Mochyc"][spoiler] Just finished the game. At this point in time, I do not like the ending at all. All I really wanted was a happy ending. But other than that, I feel like there were some plot wholes that I could not knit closed. In the end, Booker killed himself to avoid Columbia and the whole chabang. However, shouldn't there be an infinite amount of other universes where he didn't kill himself and the loop just kept on going?

I would have been much happier if they found their own little safe universe and just spent their lives happily ever after in Paris. [/spoiler] CassiusGaius

[spoiler]   Yeah, I kinda agree.  The game is based around the multiverse theory, but tries to marry it with some time traveling concepts.  There isn't really a loop, but literally an infinite iterations so no matter what happened... It would happen.  Everything is, was, and always will be.  This is pretty explicitely stated in the game. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] You're right, loop wasn't the right word to use. But it does bring up a paradox, how could Elizabeth kill her own father before she was born? I hope there is a logical explanation behind all this. [/spoiler]
Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ben-Buja

[QUOTE="CassiusGaius"]

[spoiler] You're right, loop wasn't the right word to use. But it does bring up a paradox, how could Elizabeth kill her own father before she was born? I hope there is a logical explanation behind all this. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]

I think you briefly saw all of her versions disappear in the end, leading me to believe that she ceized existing too

[/spoiler]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Grey_Eyed_Elf

DONT CLICK SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME!

[spoiler] Half way through during one of those flash backs where they keep talking about the girl... It clicked in my head that he was her dad, turns out he was also Comstock.

I like the little touches with the AD for Anna Dewitt... The finger... Its a great game. One plot hole is that can and have forgiven is the whole killing Booker somehow ends every other Booker in every universe. Meh... You need to think of it as loosely as possible otherwise you will just keep scratching your head. I loved going back to rapture and then getting to this part here:

And yes this is now my wallpaper.

[/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="CassiusGaius"]

Ben-Buja

[spoiler]

I think you briefly saw all of her versions disappear in the end, leading me to believe that she ceized existing too

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] they didn't ALL die, just the ones that stood to turn out to be Comstock. All the ones that were offered to be baptised all died in that moment, so did all the corresponding elizabeths. But what didn't sit right was one elizabeth supposedly remaining.

Also the after credits scene shows he didn't die completely [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[spoiler] Half way through during one of those flash backs where they keep talking about the girl... It clicked in my head that he was her dad, turns out he was also Comstock.

I like the little touches with the AD for Anna Dewitt... The finger... Its a great game. One plot hole is that can and have forgiven is the whole killing Booker somehow ends every other Booker in every universe. Meh... You need to think of it as loosely as possible otherwise you will just keep scratching your head. I loved going back to rapture and then getting to this part here:

[/spoiler]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

[spoiler] the rapture part stunned me, I was always thinking while Infinite was coming and whole tear emchanic was there I was like "They'd hardly go to rapture just for the sh!ts and giggles would they?" and they actually did. It was awesome. 

Some of the ending was a bit too "It just is" kind of like a cop out because it's unexplainable, but I forgave it because time travel stories ALWAYS have plot holes. Every single time, in any medium. It's impossible to do one without having a plot hole somewhere [/spoiler]

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mochyc

[QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="CassiusGaius"]

Ben-Buja

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] But that's the thing, if she was never born how could she kill her own father? It's pretty much the grandfather paradox. [/spoiler]
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Grey_Eyed_Elf
[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

[QUOTE="Mochyc"] [spoiler] You're right, loop wasn't the right word to use. But it does bring up a paradox, how could Elizabeth kill her own father before she was born? I hope there is a logical explanation behind all this. [/spoiler] Mochyc

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] But that's the thing, if she was never born how could she kill her own father? It's pretty much the grandfather paradox. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Something tells me its called Infinite not because of the Infinite universes but for the infinite loop holes and endless "but" conversations one can have about time travel. If so touche Irrational... Touche. [/spoiler]
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Grey_Eyed_Elf

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

[/spoiler]

seanmcloughlin

[spoiler] the rapture part stunned me, I was always thinking while Infinite was coming and whole tear emchanic was there I was like "They'd hardly go to rapture just for the sh!ts and giggles would they?" and they actually did. It was awesome. 

Some of the ending was a bit too "It just is" kind of like a cop out because it's unexplainable, but I forgave it because time travel stories ALWAYS have plot holes. Every single time, in any medium. It's impossible to do one without having a plot hole somewhere [/spoiler]

[spoiler] There's no winning when it comes to a resolution if you involve time travel and parallel universes... I remember watching Looper recently and feeling the same as I do know. Oh well. [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

[/spoiler]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

[spoiler] There's no winning when it comes to a resolution if you involve time travel and parallel universes... I remember watching Looper recently and feeling the same as I do know. Oh well. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] even in looper they make jokes about it saying they could talk all day lol [/spoiler]

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ben-Buja

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

[QUOTE="Mochyc"] [spoiler] You're right, loop wasn't the right word to use. But it does bring up a paradox, how could Elizabeth kill her own father before she was born? I hope there is a logical explanation behind all this. [/spoiler] seanmcloughlin

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] they didn't ALL die, just the ones that stood to turn out to be Comstock. All the ones that were offered to be baptised all died in that moment, so did all the corresponding elizabeths. But what didn't sit right was one elizabeth supposedly remaining.

[spoiler]

I think all the Elizabeths that were dragged to Columbia by Comstock disappeared, each one disappeared with a Piano note and when the screens turned black you could hear the final note.

The scene after the credits show Booker alive in an universe where Comstock doesn't buy Anna/Elizabeth off of him, since they erased Comstock completely.

[/spoiler]

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ben-Buja

I have a question about 1999 mode; Is it just a hardcore difficulty, or is something else changed as well?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ben-Buja

[spoiler]

I think all the Elizabeths that were dragged to Columbia by Comstock disappeared, each one disappeared with a Piano note and when the screens turned black you could hear the final note.

The scene after the credits show Booker alive in an universe where Comstock doesn't buy Anna/Elizabeth off of him, since they erased Comstock completely.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

But she doesn't actually disappear on screen, deliberately creating these kinds of conversations.

In the end it's kinda left up to the person to decide what you want. HAving him say "Oh no she actually died completely, is no fun

ALSO did you notice the far left liz at the end is the original character model for her from the promotional stuff before? kind of a nice nod that actually makes sense [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I have a question about 1999 mode; Is it just a hardcore difficulty, or is something else changed as well?

Ben-Buja

Just ramped up difficulty, enemies have more heath you get less money and infusions etc. aloso it forces you to specialise some vigors rather than just doing all of them. 

But I will never attempt that mode, that last level alone is a no go. Even on normal it annoyed me

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Hahahaha. Spoilers quoting spoilers quoting spoilers quoting spoilers. Pretty much what I expected to see in this thread at this point. Haven't finished it myself yet, but I have a feeling I'm getting close.

[spoiler] Just fought off lady comstock's ghost, and now I'm searching for the 3 tears. [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Hahahaha. Spoilers quoting spoilers quoting spoilers quoting spoilers. Pretty much what I expected to see in this thread at this point. Haven't finished it myself yet, but I have a feeling I'm getting close.

[spoiler] Just fought off lady comstock's ghost, and now I'm searching for the 3 tears. [/spoiler]

the_bi99man

Yep, home stretch. Still a few hours but it will feel like 10 minutes due to pacing

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ben-Buja

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

[/spoiler]

seanmcloughlin

[spoiler]

Yep, that part was fvcking cool, to see Rapture again for a brief moment. I've had similar thoughts at some point, "what if this somehow would lead to the creation of Rapture?" I was wrong with that, but they did bring us back there.

[/spoiler]

Just ramped up difficulty, enemies have more heath you get less money and infusions etc. aloso it forces you to specialise some vigors rather than just doing all of them. 

But I will never attempt that mode, that last level alone is a no go. Even on normal it annoyed me

seanmcloughlin

Aww, I was expecting something cooler with a name like 1999 mode.

Did my playthrough on hard btw. that last part was pretty damn tough, but doable.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#97 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

Just got to the Hall of Heroes. How much game do I have left to play?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#98 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

seanmcloughlin

Even on normal it annoyed me

Did you play the whole game on normal the first time?

I was going to do that and then I saw one of the devs pretty much saying "PLAY ON HARD!!" :P

Only part that was super hard on Hard for me was towards the end, but it was a very nice challenge overall, Normal seemed like a cakewalk.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#99 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I have one question about the ending.

[spoiler]

Why did Comstock/Booker gave off Anna/Elizabeth to those people through the portal? I'm kind of confused and the ending was so overwhelming.:P

[/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Ben-Buja"]

kozzy1234

Even on normal it annoyed me

Did you play the whole game on normal the first time?

I was going to do that and then I saw one of the devs pretty much saying "PLAY ON HARD!!" :P

Only part that was super hard on Hard for me was towards the end, but it was a very nice challenge overall, Normal seemed like a cakewalk.

Yeah I played on normal, I wanted to experience everything without frustration at all firt time through. Next time will be hard. Normal guarantees I will pass every part without trying to give up