BF4 China Rising worth a buy?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I guess you have to become a premium member to get China Rising....anyway, what do you guys think of it?

I play BF4 a good bit (still suck at it though) so I'm curious if the new maps are worth it at the moment or if I should just wait for the next ex pack.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#2  Edited By klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

There is no levolution in any of the maps, which is a little disappointing, but the maps are suppose to resemble BF2 maps. They're pretty huge and many of the maps are vehicle intensive except for the map Guilin Peak. If you're really into BF4 then it adds a little bit of variety from what we already have from the vanilla maps.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

please don't give them money, bf4 is garbage

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@robokill said:

huh?

BF4 is the best multiplayer game ever made imo.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, if you preordered, you get it already. If you're premium, you just have access to it earlier. If not, you have to wait (i think 1 more week)

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By robokill

@BSC14 said:

@robokill said:

huh?

literally impossible seeing as the programming makes it impossible to be truly competitive. The worst battlefield game hands down, don't see why people waste time on it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

In order to receive China Rising, you either must have bought the Digital Deluxe Edition (no premium membership included), or just go Premium. So there is actually two ways. The downside is that, Premium players get VIP treatment and they access to China Rising sooner than non-premium players. The Digital Deluxe Edition when it was on sale for $25 a few weeks ago was a good purchase. If you went for the barebones version for $20, not so much a good buy but there are still plenty of maps you could play on. I just prefer to have the China Rising maps because they remind me a bit of Bad Company 2's maps and they look fun. =)

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@BSC14 said:

@robokill said:

huh?

Not the best ever but it would good if it weren't for my crosshair is disappearing randomly.

The netcode:

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/new-videos-show-just-bad-battlefield-4-net-code/

Loading Video...

When LevelCapGaming says BF3 and 4 have the worse netcodes of any game he's ever played then yeah....

Oh, and with every expansion they also promise the to break the gameplay:

It's gonna be hell when the 17th comes around.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@robokill said:

@BSC14 said:

@robokill said:

huh?

literally impossible seeing as the programming makes it impossible to be truly competitive. The worst battlefield game hands down, don't see why people waste time on it.

When I play it, I have fun. That seems worth my money to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@robokill said:

So is ya face

Really enjoying the game and premium content. Best BF yet

*runs to find flamesuit*

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@robokill said:

@BSC14 said:

@robokill said:

huh?

the map design is leaps and bounds ahead of BF3 at launch. Bigger squads are also nice. I'd say its the second worst BF game alongside Battlefield Vietnam (not counting the non-dice iterations).

all Battlefield games have had technical issues around launch, 4 is one of the more problematic ones but its nothing out of the ordinary.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

If anybody wants to play with me, add me on Origin "Klunt-Bumskrint"

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By robokill

the only real problem I have is that people are spending money on a vastly inadequate product and it only accelerates the race towards unfinished products with costly dlc packs, yearly editions and general money grabs. I seriously think the standards in gaming are divebombing. Rubber banding and ridiculously awful hit detection in 2013 when counterstrike did it better more than a decade ago, they force an unfinished product out the door to beat their competitor.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

@robokill said:

the only real problem I have is that people are spending money on a vastly inadequate product and it only accelerates the race towards unfinished products with costly dlc packs, yearly editions and general money grabs. I seriously think the standards in gaming are divebombing. Rubber banding and ridiculously awful hit detection in 2013 when counterstrike did it better more than a decade ago, they force an unfinished product out the door to beat their competitor.

I think your being a bit harsh, sure it's had issues but it's been playable for most people since launch (ignoring the occasional crash). I don't see why you have a problem with people paying for a game they enjoy.

And comparing a 64 player game with vehicles, bullet physics and destructible environments to an arena shooter...common man.

As for the OP's question if you play BF4 a lot and plan to continue I'd go ahead and get the Premium membership if you have the money. It's a better deal then buying the DLC's separate and it has some cool perks to it. Personally I haven't played a lot of China Rising, what I have played I liked though.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jebus213

@with_teeth26 said:

all Battlefield games have had technical issues around launch

That's not a valid excuse. That's fucking buyers remorse.

"B..b...but other BF games have been buggy!" That's a piss poor excuse.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jebus213
@Nick3306 said:

@robokill said:

@BSC14 said:

@robokill said:

huh?

So what we have here is something that doesn't excuse the game from any of it's problems.

Thanks for sharing.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

@with_teeth26 said:

I'm not saying its an excuse, but to expect anything different when pre-ordering a BF game or buying it close to launch points to naivete on the part of the buyer. Yea it sucks but it can also be expected easily. If you cant handle bugs, wait 6 moths before buying.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jebus213

@with_teeth26 said:

@Jebus213 said:

@with_teeth26 said:

I'm not saying its an excuse, but to expect anything different when pre-ordering a BF game or buying it close to launch points to naivete on the part of the buyer. Yea it sucks but it can also be expected easily. If you cant handle bugs, wait 6 moths before buying.

Doesn't excuse the game from being buggy shit.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jebus213

@Croag821 said:

I think your being a bit harsh, sure it's had issues but it's been playable for most people since launch (ignoring the occasional crash).

Who are these "most people"? I'd like to meet them.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Croag821

@Jebus213 said:

@Croag821 said:

I think your being a bit harsh, sure it's had issues but it's been playable for most people since launch (ignoring the occasional crash).

Go to the battlelog internet page and hit multiplier server browser, you will then see thousands of people playing on different servers.

Sure BF4 had a rocky launch and it still has issues. For me I enjoy it enough to overlook them.

Obviously some people such are yourself can't and that's cool I understand, but I don't understand your need to post completely irrelevant videos and bash the game while not even acknowledging the OP's question.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

never buy DLC standalone, if youre gonna buy DLC, get premium

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nick3306

@Jebus213 said:
@Nick3306 said:

@robokill said:

@BSC14 said:

@robokill said:

huh?

So what we have here is something that doesn't excuse the game from any of it's problems.

Thanks for sharing.

All games have problems, when it comes down to it, all that matters is if you enjoy it or not. Enjoyment is also subjective, so stop acting like everyone should hate the game just because you don't like its flaws. Get over yourself.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

China Rising maps are ok. I haven't spent a huge time on them. Guilin peaks is infantry focused with caves, tends to result in waves of soldiers moving around the battlefield with a few trasnports. Silk Road is very vehicle heavy with a smallish infantry zone in the centre, vehicles everywhere you look. Altai Range is the largest and most spread of the maps, nightmare if you are on foot but the central area is fun to fight around if you aren't looking at the blinding sun. Dragon Pass seems like it would be good, but it feels too restricted by the chokepoints. It's harder than any other map to get behind enemies and take rear flags. 80% of the fight occurs at the same points which is a real shame. The quality of maps isn't anything super, but they are satisfactory.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jebus213

@Nick3306 said:

All games have problems, when it comes down to it, all that matters is if you enjoy it or not. Enjoyment is also subjective, so stop acting like everyone should hate the game just because you don't like its flaws. Get over yourself.

"All games have problems."

There's point where it becomes unacceptable. BF4's current state is unacceptable. It's almost like I'm playing an Early Beta.

Everybody should be hating this game and stop acting like deluded cult followers. Keep enjoying this buggy mess and use past games as an excuse. DICE will never change and nothing will get better.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jebus213

@Croag821 said:

@Jebus213 said:

@Croag821 said:

Go to the battlelog internet page and hit multiplier server browser, you will then see thousands of people playing on different servers.

Sure BF4 had a rocky launch and it still has issues. For me I enjoy it enough to overlook them.

Obviously some people such are yourself can't and that's cool I understand, but I don't understand your need to post completely irrelevant videos and bash the game while not even acknowledging the OP's question.

The amount of people playing=/=the amount people not having problems.

How are the videos irrelevant? Somebody said the game is the best MP game ever made. I disproved that with those videos.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

It is pretty lame that they're pumping out DLC when it's pretty clear that the game is only 90% done. And I heard the DLC has even more game-breaking bugs of its own, so they will absolutely have no time to address them considering that they have to fix dozens of significant bugs across 4 different platforms. And the netcode is absolutely the worst, in any game, period.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

The new maps are amazing, way better than some of the stock maps for sure, now the SUAV is damn awesome and fun as hell, and it's not hard to avoid unless you're like legit so distracted you can't cross a road safely without getting hit by a car.

Anyway, they're fixing the game and put pretty much all DLC and projects on halt, game's fine. And the netcode really is okay... For real, what do you expect?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KHAndAnime
@8-Bitterness said:
And the netcode really is okay... For real, what do you expect?

I don't know. It would have nice to not have to lead players by 10m with a buggy/ATV in order to get a road kill...

It would also be pretty nice to be able to take cover and not die and re-appear where you were 3 seconds before that moment. It's just far too poor. It feels as sluggish as an MMO like WoW.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nick3306

@Jebus213 said:

@Nick3306 said:

There's point where it becomes unacceptable. BF4's current state is unacceptable. It's almost like I'm playing an Early Beta.

Everybody should be hating this game and stop acting like deluded cult followers. Keep enjoying this buggy mess and use past games as an excuse. DICE will never change and nothing will get better.

I'm not trying to downplay the bugs, I am only speaking from personal experience. I have been playing this game for a few weeks and it has only crashed on me once and I have been having a blast. Therefor my opinion of the game is that it is fun. I'm not a deluded cult follower because I am enjoying what I play, that's just ridiculous. Now stop acting like you're better than everyone else just because you hate the game, seriously, grow up.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Nick3306 said:

@Jebus213 said:

@Nick3306 said:

I'm not trying to downplay the bugs, I am only speaking from personal experience. I have been playing this game for a few weeks and it has only crashed on me once and I have been having a blast. Therefor my opinion of the game is that it is fun. I'm not a deluded cult follower because I am enjoying what I play, that's just ridiculous. Now stop acting like you're better than everyone else just because you hate the game, seriously, grow up.

This isn't an issue pinpointing particular people, so really what it comes down to is that you're so inattentive when you play that you don't notice how piss-poor the netcode is. Most of us, unlike you, are having a difficult time ignoring it. Sure - inattentive people are having fun ignoring the issues with the game. Too bad there's really very little value to an opinion of someone that doesn't actually know what's going on due to their ignorance.

The game is fun, sure. But to deny that fact that it's a hugely buggy mess is more of a testament to how 'out-of-it' you are and less of a testament to the game's quality. Or did you just so happen to get shipped the magical copy that no one else received? LOL

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Croag821

@KHAndAnime said:

This isn't an issue pinpointing particular people, so really what it comes down to is that you're so inattentive when you play that you don't notice how piss-poor the netcode is. Most of us, unlike you, are having a difficult time ignoring it. Sure - inattentive people are having fun ignoring the issues with the game. Too bad there's really very little value to an opinion of someone that doesn't actually know what's going on due to their ignorance.

The game is fun, sure. But to deny that fact that it's a hugely buggy mess is more of a testament to how 'out-of-it' you are and less of a testament to the game's quality. Or did you just so happen to get shipped the magical copy that no one else received? LOL

Wow...so if you have fun with the game your ignorant and your opinion doesn't matter...that's what your going with? Can you even read what you type from your high horse?

Your just like so many other jaded gamers who just like being bitter and can't over look flaws in games and have fun. Have fun being grouchy while us "inattentive" people play games.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Croag821 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Wow...so if you have fun with the game your ignorant and your opinion doesn't matter...that's what your going with? Can you even read what you type from your high horse?

If you're having fun but can't give your opinion about the game without lying about the state of it - then obviously your opinion doesn't matter. Let's put this into different context, but with the exact same point: Am I on a high-horse if I don't value an illiterate's opinion on the book "Atlas Shrugged"? If that's the case then I must be a real asshole for not seriously accepting a blind man's opinion on paintings of art. You might think that these are irrelevant situations, but they are very much so relevant and the point is the same fucking thing...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't automatically mean it has value... and just because you're having fun with the game doesn't mean that it's not broken in more ways than you can count. If anything, you should be able to see why people are having a negative opinion on the game and respect that they have a very valid reason for their opinion. Hell, I like BF4 and it's a lot of fun - but if you can't accept that it's a broken PoS right now, then you're either in denial or just ignorant to what makes a game broken. Things are more complicated than black and white. It's a fun game, sure, and I'd love to recommend it, but to believe it was released in an acceptable state leads me to believe that some people here are delusional. As I said, the problems that people are complaining about en masse are problems that are universally effecting everyone. If you think these problems don't attest to the game's broken state, then what you're really doing is just saying you have lower standards than everyone else.

Many of us just think the standards should be a little higher for a finished game, sorry you disagree. But to shrug this game's issues off and "oh it crashed once for me and that's everything wrong with it that I've experienced" leads me to believe that someone isn't even playing the same game as the rest of us. Spend five minutes searching up "BF4 bug" on Youtube and you will discover the dozens of game-breaking issues that manage to effect everyone's experience except a small minority who apparently received a significantly less buggy version of the game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

It is pretty lame that they're pumping out DLC when it's pretty clear that the game is only 90% done. And I heard the DLC has even more game-breaking bugs of its own, so they will absolutely have no time to address them considering that they have to fix dozens of significant bugs across 4 different platforms. And the netcode is absolutely the worst, in any game, period.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/4/5175588/ea-halts-battlefield-4-expansions

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Good news indeed. They're aren't as crazy as I had assumed they were. Now maybe instead of 6 months of waiting for a less buggy game, it will only be 2 months. :P I just wish I could keep myself from playing the bugfest until then. The whole of the experience is "there", so to speak, but it gets so weighed down by numerous different bugs that the experience grows frustrating fast. And as others have said - it's no different than any other Battlefield launch. Anyone remember Bad Company 2's server browser around launch? It was abysmal. And I couldn't see through the slits on any turret placements for months.

I recommend waiting and grabbing everything when it gets fixed (and possibly cheaper). Though many people bought it when it was dirt-cheap on sale already, in which case, it wasn't too much of a loss. I got it for free, but had I paid $60, I'd feel significantly more cheated than I feel right now.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Good news indeed. They're aren't as crazy as I had assumed they were. Now maybe instead of 6 months of waiting for a less buggy game, it will only be 2 months. :P I just wish I could keep myself from playing the bugfest until then. The whole of the experience is "there", so to speak, but it gets so weighed down by numerous different bugs that the experience grows frustrating fast. And as others have said - it's no different than any other Battlefield launch. Anyone remember Bad Company 2's server browser around launch? It was abysmal. And I couldn't see through the slits on any turret placements for months.

I recommend waiting and grabbing everything when it gets fixed (and possibly cheaper). Though many people bought it when it was dirt-cheap on sale already, in which case, it wasn't too much of a loss. I got it for free, but had I paid $60, I'd feel significantly more cheated than I feel right now.

I enjoy the game and I don't know if I'm lucky or just ignore them but I don't see as many bugs as everyone says there is.

I'll get the occasional kill behind around a wall or inside a bush and wonder how they saw me, then realize it's probably netcode, but I'm having too much fun to let it ruin my experience.

It's a pretty complex game with everything going on so bugs are understandable.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I enjoy the game and I don't know if I'm lucky or just ignore them but I don't see as many bugs as everyone says there is.

I'll get the occasional kill behind around a wall or inside a bush and wonder how they saw me, then realize it's probably netcode, but I'm having too much fun to let it ruin my experience.

It's a pretty complex game with everything going on so bugs are understandable.

The point is that you are indeed simply ignoring them because nobody is special - we are all playing the same game, filled with the same problems. Some of us just aren't so passive regarding these issues because they effect our experience more significantly. Maybe some of us just play the game more and see the issues more frequently, making the issues more noticeable for bigger fans of the game. Or perhaps some of us have play-styles which put us in situations where we can more easily see the problems with the game. I can only speculate why so many people think the game is completely messed up while others think it's completely fine...

Anyways, let's analyze that bold comment for a second - the part where you said it's a pretty complex game. How is it significantly different or significantly more complex than BF3? What exactly is so complex about BF4 that it can't handle hit registration the same way BF3 handled it?

I'm just trying to understand what makes you think that the game deserves to be excused for being largely broken. Last time I checked, DICE has already made more or less this exact same game six times in the past. I'm not sure how you can sit here and insist that the prosperous DICE/EA has a really good reason why they can't release a fully working game on launch - and ultimately it doesn't matter what state a game is released in purely because you're having fun with it...

Speaking on the subject, I was you and could ignore all the rubber banding, sluggish hit registration, and dozens of other miscellaneous bugs... but I can't because I see them every time I play. It's a fun game (and been singing its praises since release), but I feel like I'd have to be a complete fool to dismiss the 25-hours of glitchery that I've experienced.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nick3306

@KHAndAnime said:

@Nick3306 said:

@Jebus213 said:

@Nick3306 said:

Aw a cute little troll, how nice. I never denied it was a buggy mess, but i guess you are just too stupid to realize that (in fact in the post you quoted, I said I'm not trying to downplay the bugs..... your'e an idiot lol). I was simply saying I enjoy it as it is. I do know exactly how games work, for you to insist i don't is just you being plain stupid lol. I doubt you even know what goes on in games, instead you just regurgitate whatever information other people say on the interent to make it seem like you know what you are talking about.

I try to have fun in every game I buy and it works for me, i find it ridiculous how you can be mean to someone like that because they enjoy a game that you dont. I kinda feel bad for people like you that are so intent on bashing a game that you are automatically an asshole to anyone who likes it. My "grow up" comment also applies to you.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

I never said they were excusable, I said they were understandable.

The game hasn't been out that long so they are still ironing the bugs out.

Good move to stop all the development team and concentrate on fixing things before moving forward, something most companies don't care to do.

Show me a game that launched without bugs.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 robokill

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Good move to stop all the development team and concentrate on fixing things before moving forward, something most companies don't care to do.

ridiculous ignorance. The game is simply broken for some people while being nearly unplayable for others (a large portion of the people that spent hard earned money on an unfinished beta rushed because they gotstsa get paid). Saying that all games have bugs is just plain ignorant.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

It's been a month since launch, and most of these issues existed in beta and were reported then. So in reality, they've had much longer than one month to get most of this stuff fixed. The only thing I've come to understand is that EA/DICE doesn't make more money by releasing fully working games because people like you (and me) will buy their games irregardless if they work or not.

AC 4 and Killzone: SF, the other 2 games I received in my B2G1F deal, haven't given me a single bug that I can list off the top of my head.

But for BF4, off the top of my head...

- Spawn selection screen is occasionally stuck black after death

- Spawned into vehicle other than the one selected

- Rubber-banding specific to certain Conquest maps (Hainan Resort, Railway...)

- Driving over certain tiny ground obstacles (rocks/road blocks) will instantly blow up your vehicles

- People knifing me through walls and obstacles (teleporting through them to engage the kill-animation)

- Knife animation fails to engage (and instead my knife just swipes them for small amount of HP)

- Knife a guy directly from behind, but then the guy reappears to be facing me and counter-knives me

- Randomly kicked out of server for no reason

- Random crashes

- Can walk around skybox of Paracel Storm and snipe people

Really, the most significant thing is the hit registration and rubber banding issues. These issues simply shouldn't be in multiplayer FPS on launch. Bad Company 2 and BF3 didn't have it this bad at launch. I can feel the sluggishness of the net code in every firefight (despite my ping), and that's an issue that rarely effects FPS games on launch.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jebus213
@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Please tell me how the state of this game is understandable. "But it's just released!" Is not an excuse.

That good move the development made team was probably nothing more then PR talk.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FelipeInside

@robokill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

ridiculous ignorance. The game is simply broken for some people while being nearly unplayable for others (a large portion of the people that spent hard earned money on an unfinished beta rushed because they gotstsa get paid). Saying that all games have bugs is just plain ignorant.

You really think that all games are released perfect without any bugs? lol..... I think you are confused who the ignorant one is here.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

Really, the most significant thing is the hit registration and rubber banding issues. These issues simply shouldn't be in multiplayer FPS on launch. Bad Company 2 and BF3 didn't have it this bad at launch. I can feel the sluggishness of the net code in every firefight (despite my ping), and that's an issue that rarely effects FPS games on launch.

And that's why they have stopped development on all games to concentrate on fixing these various bugs you mentioned. I don't understand your point.

I don't know much about programming but to me BF4 is a more complex game than something like AC4, especially since it's all online with hundreds of players.

Like I said, hopefully they iron out the bugs asap. I see them from time to time but don't let it affect me that much.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Croag821

@KHAndAnime said:

If you're having fun but can't give your opinion about the game without lying about the state of it - then obviously your opinion doesn't matter. Let's put this into different context, but with the exact same point: Am I on a high-horse if I don't value an illiterate's opinion on the book "Atlas Shrugged"? If that's the case then I must be a real asshole for not seriously accepting a blind man's opinion on paintings of art. You might think that these are irrelevant situations, but they are very much so relevant and the point is the same fucking thing...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't automatically mean it has value... and just because you're having fun with the game doesn't mean that it's not broken in more ways than you can count. If anything, you should be able to see why people are having a negative opinion on the game and respect that they have a very valid reason for their opinion. Hell, I like BF4 and it's a lot of fun - but if you can't accept that it's a broken PoS right now, then you're either in denial or just ignorant to what makes a game broken. Things are more complicated than black and white. It's a fun game, sure, and I'd love to recommend it, but to believe it was released in an acceptable state leads me to believe that some people here are delusional. As I said, the problems that people are complaining about en masse are problems that are universally effecting everyone. If you think these problems don't attest to the game's broken state, then what you're really doing is just saying you have lower standards than everyone else.

Many of us just think the standards should be a little higher for a finished game, sorry you disagree. But to shrug this game's issues off and "oh it crashed once for me and that's everything wrong with it that I've experienced" leads me to believe that someone isn't even playing the same game as the rest of us. Spend five minutes searching up "BF4 bug" on Youtube and you will discover the dozens of game-breaking issues that manage to effect everyone's experience except a small minority who apparently received a significantly less buggy version of the game.

What? So if we have fun and like the game your comparing it to an illiterate man's opinion on a book? You think your a gaming connoisseur or something?

If you read my post and other's in this thread no one is saying the game doesn't have bugs, it does, but your completely blowing them out of proportion based on my experiences. I haven't encountered anything in the last week besides some net code issues where you get killed after you round a corner and some bad hit detection.

It sucks if you can't play and your game is broke, I'd be pissed too, but my friends and I seem to have gotten lucky and got working games and we play with the thousands of other people online who have working games.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 robokill

@FelipeInside said:

@robokill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

You really think that all games are released perfect without any bugs? lol..... I think you are confused who the ignorant one is here.

you have reading comprehension and overall intelligence issues.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

@robokill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@robokill said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

you have reading comprehension and overall intelligence issues.

Guess we have yet another troll on the forums, or maybe it's just an alt for someone else.

Either way, I don't respond to people that can't carry a conversation and have to resort to insults when they have nothing to say.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Croag821 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

What? So if we have fun and like the game your comparing it to an illiterate man's opinion on a book? You think your a gaming connoisseur or something?

If you read my post and other's in this thread no one is saying the game doesn't have bugs, it does, but your completely blowing them out of proportion based on my experiences. I haven't encountered anything in the last week besides some net code issues where you get killed after you round a corner and some bad hit detection.

It sucks if you can't play and your game is broke, I'd be pissed too, but my friends and I seem to have gotten lucky and got working games and we play with the thousands of other people online who have working games.

If those are the only bugs you've encountered, then you're either lying or you're just dumb and somehow manage to ignore other bugs when they occur. I don't know - did you happen to only play the game for a couple hours or something? I have 25 hours logged in the game - do you have kind of time logged? If DICE can even acknowledge a few dozen of the staggering amounts of bugs and glitches, I'm sure you could acknowledge more than two...

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

@Croag821 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

If those are the only bugs you've encountered, then you're either lying or you're just dumb and somehow manage to ignore other bugs when they occur. I don't know - did you happen to only play the game for a couple hours or something? I have 25 hours logged in the game - do you have kind of time logged? If DICE can even acknowledge a few dozen of the staggering amounts of bugs and glitches, I'm sure you could acknowledge more than two...

Now to be fair, and not really having much to say, I've played a little more than you have (bout 60 hours) and I also have encountered a minimal amount of bugs (like the Croag). I've crashed a total of like 3 times too. The game's not perfect, but if one thing is for sure it's that the netcode specifically will never be perfect and all bugs will not be fixed the very second a single player encounters them, it's completely unrealistic to demand perfection in that aspect on such a game that's not even really competitive, sure some of the glitches are annoying like getting killed behind cover and all but I would swear I've never seen it happen and ever since the first update I've yet to miss an actual perfect shot when sniping. Reading some of the stuff on the BF4 forums, it's tiresome to look at so many people literally pissed as hell over the smallest stuff. Not saying it's the case here, but come on, they're evidently working on the game and could be given some space (as long as they dont just go lazy and stop fixing/workin on the game). It's not like there's any alternatives out there though, CoD: Ghosts was a failure and Arma 3 the way it launched is probably one of the worst shooters this year.

Then again, I might be some gaming plebian that doesn't deserve to take part in such an intellectual skillful hobby. Rather just have fun while I can.

SUAVs tho, that shit hella fun, best addition to the game.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Croag821

@KHAndAnime said:

I have 27 hours logged http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Drakes821/stats/173938949/pc/

You can call names and suggest I'm lying, I don't care, I'm just speaking from personal experiences. I'm not denying there aren't other bugs in the game, you can go to the DICE bug tracker and clearly see there are others, I'm just saying that the game has been very playable for me and my friends lately and I find it hard to believe these game breaking bugs are as widespread and happen as regular as you suggest.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside

To be fair to DICE, they had an awful launch (I could barely play the game when it was released). But they have fixed most of the issues so far. These days I can play a few games in a row without crashing, and ever since I put the NETWORK SMOOTHING to zero the lag is nearly non-existant.