This topic is locked from further discussion.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
I really can't decide if I wanna buy the BF 2 deluxe edition or BF2142, I've only played BF2142 at my friends house, so It's gonna be a brand new expieriance for me, also price/in game advertising is not an issue, cuz I have no idea what to buy
HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HostileEffect
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
Get Battlefield 2, I own it and its good... not that I play it anymore due to EA's crap support for older hardware. *sticks up a rude gesture to EA*

Get a good joystick and Pwn w/ t3h fighters. I hear aircraft in 2142 are dumbed down.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nevereathim
Get Battlefield 2, I own it and its good... not that I play it anymore due to EA's crap support for older hardware. *sticks up a rude gesture to EA*

Get a good joystick and Pwn w/ t3h fighters. I hear aircraft in 2142 are dumbed down.
HostileEffect
Dumbed down?
HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HostileEffect
"Dumbed down" is used when someone or something has been made less powerful; In order to satisfy someone or something weaker.
Farcry for the Wii is a perverted bastardization of the original PC Farcry.
F18s and J-10 aircraft in Battlefield 2 kicked ass when you had a skilled pilot like me. EA dumbed down aircraft in BF2142 because noobs kept crying that they got killed too much.

Nerfed and Nurfed may also be used in the place of dumbed down.

Noob - someone who sucks or is new to something, inexerpienced.
Base raper - someone who rapes the enemy's base by camping it and spawn killing. Tanks, light vehicles, aircraft, snipers, heavy weapons, explosives, guided missiles, etc, may be used to base rape. In my case, I was a sniperpilot.
Nader - A Delta Force 2 name for someone who downloaded cheats in order to stream grenades.
Spawn killing - The repeated killing of enemy players in their spawn who are unable to fight back. This is often used in point farming.
Stats farming/Points farming - Someone who farms the enemy for points, see MMORPG gold farmers.
Stats whore / Point whore / Loot whore - Someone who is a lone wolf and seeks to improve his own score, stats, rank or loot. See Battlefield 2 for Stat whores. See MMORPGs for loot whores.
In my case, I'm a stat whore, Awp whore and loot whore.
Awp whore - Someone who abuses the Arctic Warfare Magnum in Counter-strike.
Vehicle whore - Battlefield 2, someone who whores the vehicles by repeatedly getting in them after death. In my case, I was a fighter whore.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nevereathim
Ah, also, which has the better online community now, and which one WILL have the better online community in the future
HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HostileEffect
I haven't played Battlefield 2 in a long time but I hear its got a lot of bugs and glitches that have not been fixed. EA has basically abandoned Battlefield 2 but the community was strong, last time I checked. Battlefield 2 has a few thousand servers to pick from.
The pings on the menu can be glitchy so select a server and refresh it. You may be able to download the Battlefield 2 demo from Gamespot.

I don't think BF2 has any in-game adverts but I haven't played in a long time so it might have been updated.
Bohica28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bohica28
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts
I play it constantly, and I havnt seen any in-game advertisement.
Onliner2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Onliner2
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts

Ah, also, which has the better online community now, and which one WILL have the better online community in the futurenevereathim

Both have fairly strong online communities and I don't think BF2 will ever die out completely, people are still playing BF1942 - BF:V. As of now, there are loads of BF2 servers to pick and choose from, the same goes for BF2142. In terms of money value I'd go with the BF2: Deluxe edition since you'll be getting way more content than just buying BF2142. IMO BF2 feels alot better as an online shooter and the weapons are easier to shoot and alot stronger (AK101/47 FTW!). The Vehicles are alot easier to use in 2142 but in the end they're relatively the same (except the Attack Helo/Jet in 2142). So if you're looking for more maps/weapons/armies go with BF2: Deluxe.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

I really can't decide if I wanna buy the BF 2 deluxe edition or BF2142, I've only played BF2142 at my friends house, so It's gonna be a brand new expieriance for me, also price/in game advertising is not an issue, cuz I have no idea what to buynevereathim

BF 2142 is 10x better than BF2. In BF 2 the jets are hard to get out the sky and basically you will always be a sitting duck with them. In BF 2142 it's much more balanced and even the Engineers are equipped with air missiles. I honestly have not played BF2 since i got 2142 plus the weapons take forever to unlock in BF2.

Wafi-Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Wafi-Ali
Member since 2003 • 194 Posts
BF:2 is an awesome online FPS. really good. i dont have any problems with it at all.