This topic is locked from further discussion.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Yea, got a new computer, got the basic mouse but I was gonna get a logitech G5 mouse to go with it. On newegg it is 43$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076,

I see lots of people using the G9 though http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104079,

is it really worth 30 more bucks? I mean, all I really do is game but....would the G5 be great or should I just go crazy for the G9, or if anyone want's to recommend a razor one...even though I would PREFER logitech just....because lol. I would get a Razor though if enough people recommended one

Orrendamente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Orrendamente
Member since 2007 • 362 Posts
I personally use, and love, the G9, but I can't imagine it being very comfortable for bigger hands.
Auraknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Auraknight1
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

Yea, got a new computer, got the basic mouse but I was gonna get a logitech G5 mouse to go with it. On newegg it is 43$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104076,

I see lots of people using the G9 though http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104079,

is it really worth 30 more bucks? I mean, all I really do is game but....would the G5 be great or should I just go crazy for the G9, or if anyone want's to recommend a razor one...even though I would PREFER logitech just....because lol. I would get a Razor though if enough people recommended one

trijity

I would definitely recommend the razer deathadder. Most comfortable mouse I've ever felt ( it just feels right and much easier to click the buttons than on the g5). I think it's a lot better than the g5, but I haven't felt the g9. If you have bigger hands though I would avoid the g9 and the lachesis too.

Xerran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Xerran
Member since 2002 • 190 Posts

I can whole heartedly recommend the Microsoft Sidewinder X5. I'm done with Logitech after having a few die on me.

I'm using mine in Vista x64 with x64 drivers and its an awesome mouse.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

trijity

I've really enjoyed the use of this mouse from Microsoft:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105148

It's a 5 button mouse and 90% of all games I play support all the buttons. I have one of these mice at my work, I've had it for about 3 years now and it still works just as good as the day I first got it.

Just a suggection.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I've had great experiences with Logitech mice in the MX700 and MX518. The G5 is the next step up from those, replacing optical with laser. The shape of the mouse fits so well into my hand and I've grown so used to all the extra buttons I find it hard to use basic mice any more. Also Logitech customer support has been great. When my MX700 died they were quick to replace it
Xerran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xerran
Member since 2002 • 190 Posts

I've really enjoyed the use of this mouse from Microsoft:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105148

It's a 5 button mouse and 90% of all games I play support all the buttons. I have one of these mice at my work, I've had it for about 3 years now and it still works just as good as the day I first got it.

Just a suggection.

neatfeatguy

That mouse you suggested is not a gaming mouse.

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
Logitech MX Revolution > all
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

going go check out that Razor deathadder right now, that MX revolution did look badass dude! but...TRYING not to spend 100$ on a mouse, lol. I know the G9 is very close to 100 and I asked about it but, that was the whole point of this post was to see if it was worth the price, and to find other great mice to look at.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

[QUOTE="neatfeatguy"]

Just a suggection.

Xerran

Thank you Mister Obvious!

You know what, though? It's a bit odd to say my mouse isn't a gaming mouse because it works just fine with any game that I play....

(sarcasm) I suppose when I get home I'll have to let my mouse know that it's not a gaming mouse and that it shouldn't be able to function when I'm gaming. It'll be heartbroken, but hey, what can you do (/sarcasm)?

Which now means I have to go out and spend another $30+ on a "gaming mouse" so I can play games again. At least my wife will be happy that I won't be able to play games for a while until I can find the time to pick up a new "gaming mouse" or the extra cash a new "gaming mouse".

I personally think it's silly to spend lots of money on a "gaming" mouse and keyboard, when basic works just fine. To each their own; you can spend your money on whatever you want, I just don't see the point in it. I've tried a couple of those gaming keyboards and mice before and they don't do anything differently (aside from maybe being able to move some keys around) then what I have at home, expect cost more money.

I just thought it would be nice to suggest a pretty basic-type mouse that works well for gaming. Little did I know that making simple a suggestions would be a big "NO-NO"thing to doand that someone else sharing their opinions is such a bad thing. I don't see where the OP specificly listed they wanted a gaming mouse suggestion - they were more so looking for a Logitech or Razor - so I suppose I could have stuck to offering a suggestion for one of those brands....oh well.

I just wish I had more time to spend typing out obvious things here, but I have better things to do with my time. (sarcasm) Sooo sorry for offering up a suggestion without your permission (/sarcasm).

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Logitech MX Revolution > allBane_v2

I second this notion.

deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

[QUOTE="Xerran"]

[QUOTE="neatfeatguy"]

Just a suggection.

neatfeatguy

Thank you Mister Obvious!

You know what, though? It's a bit odd to say my mouse isn't a gaming mouse because it works just fine with any game that I play....

(sarcasm) I suppose when I get home I'll have to let my mouse know that it's not a gaming mouse and that it shouldn't be able to function when I'm gaming. It'll be heartbroken, but hey, what can you do (/sarcasm)?

Which now means I have to go out and spend another $30+ on a "gaming mouse" so I can play games again. At least my wife will be happy that I won't be able to play games for a while until I can find the time to pick up a new "gaming mouse" or the extra cash a new "gaming mouse".

I personally think it's silly to spend lots of money on a "gaming" mouse and keyboard, when basic works just fine. To each their own; you can spend your money on whatever you want, I just don't see the point in it. I've tried a couple of those gaming keyboards and mice before and they don't do anything differently (aside from maybe being able to move some keys around) then what I have at home, expect cost more money.

I just thought it would be nice to suggest a pretty basic-type mouse that works well for gaming. Little did I know that making simple a suggestions would be a big "NO-NO"thing to doand that someone else sharing their opinions is such a bad thing. I don't see where the OP specificly listed they wanted a gaming mouse suggestion - they were more so looking for a Logitech or Razor - so I suppose I could have stuck to offering a suggestion for one of those brands....oh well.

I just wish I had more time to spend typing out obvious things here, but I have better things to do with my time. (sarcasm) Sooo sorry for offering up a suggestion without your permission (/sarcasm).

ouch..you just got rolled son.

But in all seriousness Ive been using the deatadder for quite a while now and i gotta say i love it. It took me a while to get used too but after that it was like butter. I only went with razer because I have such great experiences with their products that i just had to get it. I currently fully support razer and there technical support since i currently use 3 razer products right now.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Logitech MX Revolution > allBane_v2

I like my G5 better than my dad's MX Revolution.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
I am still rolling with my Red Logitech MX510 that I have had since Half-Life 2 came out. Love it and don't want to ever replace it.
Auraknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Auraknight1

going go check out that Razor deathadder right now, that MX revolution did look badass dude! but...TRYING not to spend 100$ on a mouse, lol. I know the G9 is very close to 100 and I asked about it but, that was the whole point of this post was to see if it was worth the price, and to find other great mice to look at.

trijity
Cool. I'm almost positive you'll like the feel of it!
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
The G5 is the best gaming mouse ever made in the history of mankind. Get the G5.
Auraknight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Auraknight1
The G5 is the best gaming mouse ever made in the history of mankind. Get the G5. DGFreak
I too think it's a good mouse and it feels just right but are their any reasons you like it over the deathadder? I like the deathadder because the buttons are more easily accesible to me and I like how all the buttons click( a little easier than the g5 IMO. Could be good or bad depending on the user)and especially the wheel compared to the g5 and the rubber feels better than what is on the g5. Just what I think though
Roggirek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Roggirek
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Well, I got a wireless Logitech one at Bestbuy (evil, i know) that is usually around $100 usd for $40. Its so nice! it has this cool scroll wheel where when you click down on it, it becomes near frictionless! HUGE batterylife. Pricey if its not on sale, But if it is, GREAT deal. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7961011&type=product&id=1153336299244