Best sp game without internet...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wil75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wil75
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I'm looking for what you guys think...
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts
Genre? Range of years? Throw us a bone. My favorite single player game of all time is X-Com 1, but that came out in 1994.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Morrowind, Elder Scrolls of Oblivion?
Wil75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wil75

I'm thinking of current and upcomming games that dont require internet connection but still have solid ai's and action.

NEOSPARKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NEOSPARKING
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
people dont play multiplayer for its solid ai. be more specific.
Wil75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wil75

SP... Single Player is all I'm looking into, I no longer have an interest in multiplayer.

Please let me know if I missed your point.

Avatar image for sleepisawesome2
sleepisawesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sleepisawesome2
Member since 2005 • 1367 Posts
viva pinatawill make you cry at how amazintg it is
Wil75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wil75
Oh ya, PC games only.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

Bioshock comes to mind. It doesn't even have a multiplayer, but was one of the greatest games to come out last year. The AI is particularly great.

NeoXerxesGOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NeoXerxesGOP
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

If you like:

RPG: The Witcher

FPS: Crysis, Bioshock

RTS: World in Conflict, Company of Heroes

There are many more, but these are a start!

As a side note, I definately recommend Bioshock and the Witcher if you like excellent stories. Both games literally can change people's perspective on life, no joke.

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

FPS: Crysis, Escape from Butcher Bay

RTS: Dawn of War, Sins of a Solar Empire

RPG: The Witcher, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

Gargantrithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gargantrithor
Member since 2004 • 62 Posts
Well, it all depends on what your preferences are and your time frame. Typically, if you want excellent single-player games, you might have to dig around in the past a bit. Adventure, puzzle, and strategy games tend to promise a lot of hours. If you have access to some old DOS-based operating systems or DOSBox, you've opened up a huge library...if you can find any of the games. Personally, I stand by these games: Fallout (the original - I'm a purist) PlaneScape: Torment Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura (has its share of bugs and bad programming, but it's quite an extensive game, and worth checking out if you can get it for cheap) The Longest Journey (and its sequel, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, which isn't quite as good, but still worth playing) StarCraft (a most excellent campaign with outstanding voice acting...I doubt you haven't heard of this one) Age of Empires II Civilization IV (IMO, the most balanced game in the series) Alpha Centauri Diablo II The Rainbow Six series (up until R6: Raven Shield) Heroes of Might & Magic III Europa Universalis III (kind of a break from its predecessors, but my favorite) Fallout Tactics Company of Heroes (a so-so campaign, but good if you're interested in playing against the A.I.) The Baldur's Gate series The Command & Conquer series (multiplayer on C&C is nothing special, so that issue is pretty much settled) The Half-Life series The Call of Duty series (intense, but ultimately, you could probably beat every single CoD on the PC in a matter of a day or two) Galactic Civilizations II The Brothers in Arms series The Doom series Most anything by Maxis (i.e. SimCity, The Sims, SimFarm, SimAnt, etc.) The Hitman series The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay (excellent use of a movie property, which is rare; the only problem is that it's way too short) The King's Quest series (particularly King's Quest VI) Final Fantasy VII (a little different from the PS version, but pretty much just as good) S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (buggy in some parts, but think post-apocalyptic Oblivion; the mods available can turn this game into something completely different - and much better) And plenty of others... As for previous comments, World in Conflict's single-player was an abysmal disappointment for me. I managed to clear the campaign on Hard difficulty with all the secondary objective awards in one sitting...that is, within the same day, in a matter of hours. Its real strength lies in its multiplayer, which pretty much disqualifies it.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Sam & Max season 1 & 2.
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
RTS: Company of Heroes (the skirmsih is pretty good, SP alright) RPG: Oblivion (insane lifespan) and FPS: None-FPS are too short for online only these days