Hey guys, I've been playing GTAIV on PC for a while and I want to capture video of my gameplay to put on YouTube, etc. What is the best free video capture program to use to record long video clips of my game footage? I realize the game itself has a video capture feature but it doesn't seem to work properly and only records for a few seconds. I was going to use FRAPS but apparently you have to buy the software in order to capture clips longer than 30 seconds. Thanks in advance.
This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: February 8, 2008
- Posts: 705
- Member Since: August 27, 2005
- Posts: 3558
- Member Since: July 15, 2004
- Posts: 5255
Growler Guncam is the best i've found.
- Uses way less resources then fraps especially on your CPU.
- Allows for Video editing before making to a complete avi
- Avi uses the divx codec thus avi files are smaller compared to fraps.
- Trial is full for 14 days so no 30 seconds like fraps.
If you need help for it to run on Windows 7 then follow this tutorial.
- Member Since: February 19, 2010
- Posts: 8
- Member Since: March 22, 2010
- Posts: 157
- Member Since: August 4, 2011
- Posts: 5
- Member Since: July 17, 2011
- Posts: 2557
- Member Since: October 15, 2005
- Posts: 5952
- Member Since: July 29, 2008
- Posts: 1
- Member Since: May 27, 2004
- Posts: 3854
FRAPS doesnt leave a water mark if you buy it. I bought FRAPS almost 10 years ago and still get all the new releases for free.
Auto Screenrecorder is decent, and can record large videos, not to mention it barely affects your framerate and doesn't leave a nasty watermark like FRAPS.Zubinen
- Member Since: February 21, 2013
- Posts: 1
- Member Since: May 29, 2004
- Posts: 24557
- Member Since: May 6, 2010
- Posts: 5245
- Member Since: August 10, 2009
- Posts: 9687
- GameSpot Moderator
- Member Since: November 14, 2003
- Posts: 50640