This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonicman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sonicman18
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

So what do you think are the best F2P MMORPG's? I want to try them. :)

Dont mention runescape or maplestory.

dyproximy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dyproximy
Member since 2003 • 1194 Posts
Guild Wars, while you still have to pay for it there is no monthly fee.
ArcticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ArcticSnake
Member since 2003 • 942 Posts

Guild Wars is pretty sweet, and you just have to buy the game (no monthly fees)

But if you want free free, then your best bet is Dungeon Runners.

Riore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riore
Member since 2005 • 147 Posts
Silkroad online is pretty cool
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Guild Wars. You only pay for the game itself, not to actually play it.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
GW
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts
I never really play too many F2P MMORPG's, but you could try Hero Online.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
GW. Unless you love grindfests and games that rarely update then that and MS(although you didn't want it recommended, sorry) are your only options.
Monuia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Monuia
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I like Guild Wars and Silkroad, too. I heard great things about Perfect World, but I had video card/lag issues with it.
yupeizuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yupeizuan
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
Easy to say WOW as the best one in p2p. But it is hard say only one for f2p. As fro sci-fi theme, RF Online could be the first one. 2Moons is a very decent fantasy f2p, has nice PVP and good community. Shaiya is known as a adult f2p. Cute cartoon graphic f2p can go to Holic(new one in CB), Fairyland(old game with new expansion).
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Since when has Guild Wars been a MMORPG?

Anarchy Online is easily the best F2P MMO.

LordLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 LordLOC
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

Talisman Online

Mythos (you need an invite though, not to hard to come by)

2Moons

9Dragons

Holic

Shaiya

Archlord

RF Online

Dungeon Runners

Silkroad Online

Fury (though it isn't really an MMORPG, like Guild Wars it is geared towards PvP only)

Metin2

Minions of Mirth (very underrated game)

Nostale (UK version is the only one you can currently play I believe)

Fiesta Online

Secret of the Solstice

Regnum Online

Rappelz

Risk Your Life (RYL and RYL 2)

Tantra

There are tons of others. Some are better than others. Most of what I listed are pretty decent, some are quite good actually. Some are total grindfests, while some have a ton of quests. Some have low populations, some are quite crowded. Most have some sort of cash shop or simple subscription to unlock everything (Minions of Mirth and Dungeon Runners come to mind) but ALL are free2play regardless. Enjoy :)

K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
Usually, free MMORPG's just disappoint me. They lack so many things that they're not even fun to play, but people will anyway, simply because they're free. I've played a few F2P MMO's, and I've stopped now. If you want a quality game, you have to pay - And even then, it might turn out to be bad too..
LordLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LordLOC
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

That's normally true for most free to play MMO's. However games like Mythos and Shaiya, along with a couple others are high quality, and very good. I mean, you can play Mythos and Shaiya et al, and think - wow I can't believe these are free to play.

Well, I think that sometimes, you don't have to of course :)

_Emperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 _Emperor
Member since 2009 • 117 Posts

Ive played ALOT of F2P and P2P mmo's...and Atlantica Online, is hands down, by FAR the best game ive EVER played..

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
RF Online
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Ive played ALOT of F2P and P2P mmo's...and Atlantica Online, is hands down, by FAR the best game ive EVER played..

_Emperor

Have you played World of Warcraft?

-Hitsugaya-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Hitsugaya-
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I think Ragnarok Online is pretty fun.

And...

Cabal Online is fun as well.

Sudden Attack and Counter Strike is great....

Oh! Megaten!

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Is MU in that category?

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

"Which is the least crappy F2P mmo" would be a more suitable title for this thread imo.

Anthony01355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Anthony01355
Member since 2006 • 1486 Posts

"Which is the least crappy F2P mmo" would be a more suitable title for this thread imo.

True_Sounds

This.

My least crappy vote goes to Runes of Magic, but it's still crap in the end.

_Emperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 _Emperor
Member since 2009 • 117 Posts

[QUOTE="_Emperor"]

shakmaster13

Sorry for the late reply, and yes i have, got 4 level 80's, up to yogg in Ulduar25, but, World of Warcraft and Atlantica online is 2 completly different games

Only similarity is that they are Online, and got RPG elements, nothing else..

So i can rephrase your question like this

Me-"Volvo is the best car ive even driven"

You-"Have you driven a Saab?"

Both are cars, but still different cars, get my point?

Edit: And about WoW, ive played it since it was released, and to be perfectly honest, they broken the game now. Its not even good nor funny anymore to play. They: changed it into way to easy gameplay wise, way to easy to be in end-game content, bring back attunements? Remember the BT attunement before the big nerf patch. Revered with ALL factions (all normal factions that is), 2 quests in heroic dungeons > Do kara attunement > defeat Kara > Defeat Gruul (earth signet ques for SSC/TK attunementt) > Defeat magtheridon (optional) > Defeat Vajsh in SSC and Kael'thas in KT (for 2 items for MH attunement) > then defeat first boss in MH (forgot the name for the quest item for the BT attunement), and THEN do a long serie of quests/event, then you had your Medalion/neck of something, that gave access to BT. Hey, today i can start the game, start a level 1, and by the end of the week, i can have some level 80 epics (that is if i play 24/7 ;P, but its doable) Community: They destroyed the game aswell, atleast majority of the community did, and the majority of WoW community is CRAP, and who ever that disagree with me on that, are just 1 of those people in question. And of course, this is my oppinion... So no, WoW was a truly masterpiece, with an unique "direct feeling" that blizzard often sucseed in within their games...and extrodinary game indeed...but no, its not a game for me anymore, nor for alot of "old-school MMORPG players".. And yet again, thats my oppinion
ZeromusUltima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 ZeromusUltima
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Well, I haven't played many MMOs', but I just started playing Regnum Online yesterday and I have to say I'm quite enjoying it. Of course, I'm playing it with my friends, so that might add to the fun content. The graphics in it are great for a MMORPG, and, like in most RPGs/MMOs, there is a massive game world. I haven't played enough to find the pros and cons, but it's pretty fun at the moment. Well, it's a hell of a lot better than Runescape anyway. Rest assured. :D

JsonHenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JsonHenry
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Dungeon Fighters online is by far the best F2P action MMO out there. (IMO) The open starts the 22nd, check it out!

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
[QUOTE="Anthony01355"]

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

This.

My least crappy vote goes to Runes of Magic, but it's still crap in the end.

I second this.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Dragonica is pretty good, if you don't mind the childish looking enemies. The pvp is fairly intense though.
joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

While not perfect by any means, I just thought I'd add Perfect World International to the list of free to play mmo's. It's like a watered down version of WoW, but again, f2p and something you might enjoy.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Still Anarchy Online

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons Online is an excellent F2P MMO. It is based on the D&D 3.5 edition rules, so that means that there are almost an infinate number of ways to build a character. If you like to build unique characters, then DDO is the game for you. Using the character creation system borrowed form pen & paper D&D, you can truly customize your character's qualities.

Want to build a mage that isn't afraid to mix it up in melee combat? You can do that.

Want to build a dual weapon wielding bard that not only plays music but also makes monsters soil themselves from DPS? You can do that.

Want to build a necromancer Cleric that specializes in bringing disease & death to the enemy? You can do that.

Want to build a ranger that can pick any lock and disable any trap? You can do that. (with only 1 lv of rogue).

Want to build a rogue that mets out DPS like it's going out of style? You can do that.

If you want to experiment with multiclassing different classes from D&D, then DDO is a great way enjoy yourself.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]

[QUOTE="_Emperor"]

_Emperor

Sorry for the late reply, and yes i have, got 4 level 80's, up to yogg in Ulduar25, but, World of Warcraft and Atlantica online is 2 completly different games

Only similarity is that they are Online, and got RPG elements, nothing else..

So i can rephrase your question like this

Me-"Volvo is the best car ive even driven"

You-"Have you driven a Saab?"

Both are cars, but still different cars, get my point?

Edit: And about WoW, ive played it since it was released, and to be perfectly honest, they broken the game now. Its not even good nor funny anymore to play. They: changed it into way to easy gameplay wise, way to easy to be in end-game content, bring back attunements? Remember the BT attunement before the big nerf patch. Revered with ALL factions (all normal factions that is), 2 quests in heroic dungeons > Do kara attunement > defeat Kara > Defeat Gruul (earth signet ques for SSC/TK attunementt) > Defeat magtheridon (optional) > Defeat Vajsh in SSC and Kael'thas in KT (for 2 items for MH attunement) > then defeat first boss in MH (forgot the name for the quest item for the BT attunement), and THEN do a long serie of quests/event, then you had your Medalion/neck of something, that gave access to BT. Hey, today i can start the game, start a level 1, and by the end of the week, i can have some level 80 epics (that is if i play 24/7 ;P, but its doable) Community: They destroyed the game aswell, atleast majority of the community did, and the majority of WoW community is CRAP, and who ever that disagree with me on that, are just 1 of those people in question. And of course, this is my oppinion... So no, WoW was a truly masterpiece, with an unique "direct feeling" that blizzard often sucseed in within their games...and extrodinary game indeed...but no, its not a game for me anymore, nor for alot of "old-school MMORPG players".. And yet again, thats my oppinion

I'm going to say getting rid of attunements was a good thing. That was a far too long of a process. Only people who had absolutely nothing else to do could have enough time to progress all the way to end game content with that system. I certainly won't be missing that at all.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts

Well Dungeons & Dragons Online is an obvious choise at the moment, really good character system with varied classes, feats and skills. Haven't really started playing it yet though but it seems okay, a bit slow at first maybe.

Another good one is Perfect World. For a free game it did the micro-transaction thing well, you won't feel nerfed from the get-go like in some other games I've tried. It's also decent looking, allows a lot of visual customization for your character, and at least for me it always played smooth as butter. I felt it was a bit simple in certain areas though and that dropped my interest after a while, but it's worth a try.

htscoder05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 htscoder05
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Usually, free MMORPG's just disappoint me. They lack so many things that they're not even fun to play, but people will anyway, simply because they're free. I've played a few F2P MMO's, and I've stopped now. If you want a quality game, you have to pay - And even then, it might turn out to be bad too.. K4ss3r

^^^ This is really true. F2P MMORPG's , just simply suck according to me. Guild wars is nice , but its not fully F2P !

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="K4ss3r"]Usually, free MMORPG's just disappoint me. They lack so many things that they're not even fun to play, but people will anyway, simply because they're free. I've played a few F2P MMO's, and I've stopped now. If you want a quality game, you have to pay - And even then, it might turn out to be bad too.. htscoder05

^^^ This is really true. F2P MMORPG's , just simply suck according to me. Guild wars is nice , but its not fully F2P !

Be happy turbine made DDO F2P. It has one of the best combat systems I have encountered in an MMO. It also feels like much more role playing as your character than any other MMO I've played. Which is what you would expect from a D&D game.

marcebol_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 marcebol_88
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
well said brother, well said.. hahaha!! ^.^
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Allods no doubt about it.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Runes of Magic

Allods Online

Dungeons & Dragons Online

Lord of The Rings Online

Id go back to playing EQ1 if it ever went free to play its the best MMO ever created IMO.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
This thread was first created in 2007 and resurrected once in 2009. Why is it popping up again?