This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

This is an article from VG247 , since i'm going to play some FSP games in summer i wanna know your opinions too , lemme put it in this way : what's your fav F2P games ?

23 – Tera Rising

22 – Aion

21 – Fallen Earth

20 – Rift

19 – The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot

18 – DC Universe Online

17 – APB Reloaded

16 – Ghost Recon Phantoms

15 – War Thunder

14 – World of Tanks

13 – DOTA 2

12 – League of Legends

11 – Star Trek Online

10 – Age of Conan: Unchained

9 – Hawken

8 – Star Wars: The Old Republic

7 – Neverwinter

6 – Planetside 2

5 – Team Fortress 2

4 – World of Warcraft

3 – Hearthstone

2 – The Lord of the Rings Online

1 – Path of Exile

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/19/best-free-pc-games/

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

My personal favorite F2P is probably PoE followed by Hearthstone.

WoW has never really been a F2P from what I recall and WoT isn't really a F2P either if you intend to play in top tier tanks where the best players are ... without premium status or vehicles you won't achieve crap (unfortunately learned that the hard way). I was addicted towards LoL, have about 3k games in it but have stopped playing it once it picked up popularity ... now every 10-15 year old is playing it and just ruining the gaming experience of others.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Tera should be higher, also why is WoW there?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mjorh

@Code135 said:

My personal favorite F2P is probably PoE followed by Hearthstone.

WoW has never really been a F2P from what I recall and WoT isn't really a F2P either if you intend to play in top tier tanks where the best players are ... without premium status or vehicles you won't achieve crap (unfortunately learned that the hard way). I was addicted towards LoL, have about 3k games in it but have stopped playing it once it picked up popularity ... now every 10-15 year old is playing it and just ruining the gaming experience of others.

That's why i don't play LoL , i can't stand teenagers .

Path of Exile is on my like top 5 to play , i'm considering world of tanks, Hawken, planet side 2, Path of Exile and....i don't know as i said i'm kinda new to this F2P thing , the only game i've played is Load Out which is good and Team Fortress which i found a little bit hard and bewildering to get into it u know...

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

From that list I can recommend War Thunder, I don't really have the time to play it now but I might get back to it. It looks pretty amazing for a F2P game, good gameplay, great soundtrack (got me into classical music :D). I didn't like any of the shooters mentioned, Hawken is alright but I got bored quickly, I also tried Path of Exile but RPG is not really my thing. A friend is totally hooked, tho. The rest I didn't play so can't discuss. If you're into shooters try Blacklight: Retribution, I've been playing it for 2 years and I it's still fun.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

Planetside 2 is pay to win, and I hear that Ghost Recon is, too. Hawken is my favorite F2P game atm...

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I like DOTA2 and Hearthstone. Hearthstone is probably my favorite F2P game ever!

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mjorh

@PfizersaurusRex said:

From that list I can recommend War Thunder, I don't really have the time to play it now but I might get back to it. It looks pretty amazing for a F2P game, good gameplay, great soundtrack (got me into classical music :D). I didn't like any of the shooters mentioned, Hawken is alright but I got bored quickly, I also tried Path of Exile but RPG is not really my thing. A friend is totally hooked, tho. The rest I didn't play so can't discuss. If you're into shooters try Blacklight: Retribution, I've been playing it for 2 years and I it's still fun.

I'll give a shot to Blacklight Retribution , thanks.

@superclocked said:

Planetside 2 is pay to win, and I hear that Ghost Recon is, too. Hawken is my favorite F2P game atm...

If Ghost Recon Online F2P is like the last AAA title of the franchise , i'll play it , genuinely loved the Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

Rather just pay sub for MMO without any bullshit like Final Fantasy.

Of course, Blizzard (being Blizzard) want to have free2play item buying style and power boosts on top of the sub.

RodneyCourts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By RodneyCourts
Member since 2014 • 66 Posts

Best free to play games according to me are:

Path of Exile.

Dota 2.

Team Fortress.

League Of Legends is also one of my favorite F2P games. I like to play solo. Most of the time I choose to play Path of Exile, it has six available classes as Duelist, Marauder, Ranger, Shadow, Templar, and Witch. All classes shear same sections.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Remove WOW and also I am not sure about Starwars. I bought the game, played it and after a couple of months stopped playing it. When I tried to play it again, (when it supposed to be F2P) It was asking me money in order to equip MY best items oO. F2P, yeah right...

Also if you like ARPG like POE, try Marvel Heroes also.

I am a fun of ARPG. I am playing at the same time POE, Marvel Heroes and Diablo3 and from all these 3 the one that keeps adding more frequently new content is Marvel Heroes.

:)

ubergusterfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By ubergusterfan
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

My problem with this is the games on this list are so different. Path of Exile is NOT Pay 2 Win, and is probably the funnest game I play on my PC, but the ARPG genre is my genre of choice. But if you want an MMO, you have to decide if you want a FPS or RPG, in which case I would recommend Planetside 2 or Neverwinter, respectively.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@superclocked said:

Planetside 2 is not pay to win. In no way can you pay your way to victory in that game. Not one bit.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Team Fortress 2.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@Wasdie: I know that people used to be able to buy any upgrade with real cash, but it looks like they changed it to just having the ability to level up faster for cash. That's much better than the original plan...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@superclocked said:

@Wasdie: I know that people used to be able to buy any upgrade with real cash, but it looks like they changed it to just having the ability to level up faster for cash. That's much better than the original plan...

They never had that ability in the full launch, just the really early alpha/beta.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

Warframe should be on the list. It's one of the best f2p games around where access to good equipment can take less than an hour of farming. Fast paced, looks good, frequent updates

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mjorh

@rabakill said:

Warframe should be on the list. It's one of the best f2p games around where access to good equipment can take less than an hour of farming. Fast paced, looks good, frequent updates

It looks good! What's the size of it ? (Installed the Ghost Recon Online and man it took like 130G of my hard drive !)

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rabakill

@mjorh: i think its around 6gb

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mjorh

@rabakill said:

@mjorh: i think its around 6gb

Thanks, another game worth mentioning?

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rabakill

You mean besides warframe? The list is not bad but Warframe is the best one not there. I'd place it above planet side 2 as ps2 you can grind for days and get nothing whereas warframe makes it possible to have a unique build with multiple different weapons in a few days. Only hitch is you have to craft items and they have build times so you have to wait 12 hours.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

1.) Planetside 2

This game is just a masterpiece. It is so intense. Anytime I imagine it to be what the chaos of fighting in a real war would be like, some veteran always says, "Planetside 2 is nothing like real war." Yet, it seems I encounter more real-life veterans playing Planetside 2 over any other game. So, real life veterans who fight real life wars seem to be attracted to what they claim is a non-realistic portrayal of war? There seems to be a paradox, paradigm in there somewhere that may boost my original point.

Either way Planetside 2 is a technical marvel that shouldn't even be possible to pull off but totally works, and is free! AND TO THE REAL-LIFE VETERANS, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE and I don't mean to make light of anything...just talkin' games here (from a hypothetical/fresh angle.) Long live New Conglomerate!!

2.) Gotham City Impostors

Gotham City Impostors is an underrated gem. There are so many gadgets, travel abilities (also known as travilities) perks, and weapons to mix and match, that every 4th or 5th loadout I try completely revamps and revitalizes the gaming experience.

3.) Warframe

Where Borderlands 2 really ramped up everything about Borderlands 1 that we love, Warframe gives you MULTIPLE abilities over just one and they are ACTIVE abilities rather than stat boosts and debuffs. If you like 4-person co-op give it a go. Bonus points for being space ninjas.

I prefer to think of the "tannos" (as they are called) as remote-controlled robots doing my bidding because it adds an extra level of immersion. Also, if these guys were dudes in meta-suits they would actually be pretty scrawny when not suited up derp.

If you were into comic books, superhero movies or X-Men, check out Warframe. There are not many games that combine customization with superhero-like abilities. Warframe is such a game.

4.) Hawken

Will it hold my attention for months and months and months like Gotham City Impostors did? I don't know but right now I'm enjoying it.

5.) Path of Exile

The leveling up system is deep, rich and smart. Path of Exile doesn't dumb down its leveling to try to increase it's subscribers. I don't play this too much because I am busy playing other games and am usually lukewarm on fantasy settings with some exceptions, but I will pick Path of Exile up again eventually.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I've been playing anno online, think it should be on this list. Its a city building game which is different from the rest of this list.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mjorh

@Fire_Wa11 Thanks, that was comprehensive ,may kick the summer off with Planetside 2....

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@mjorh: Planetside 2 is great but find a clan quick. The pick up groups just spread out to much.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mjorh

@Arthas045 Thanks for the advise , will do.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I know a lot of people shit on runescape but I put countless hours on it even playing before the java version was released with the original 2d sprites. I haven't given it a go in years but I see it's got a new version of itself called runescape 3.0 and from what I hear it's not bad. Now it's not 100% f2p the best content is behind a 5 dollar a month charge but still if you end up liking it 5 dollars or a less then half an hours work isn't much to shell out. Runescape had so much content and such a massive sandbox environment I lost months not days as a child. This game consumed me and it would be hard to find a game that I loved as much as that game or even put in the time I was willing to when I was younger. Hell I'd sneak up after my parents got to bed surround the computer in pillows and blankets to muffle the noise of my dial up making a connection, just so I could play till I had to go too school the next day. My grades for sure suffered but damn did I ever have fun getting rich and grinding/paying for sick ass gear.