best driver for fx 5200?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts
i'm running a top of the line computer (from 5 years ago). im trying to max out its performance without getting into over clocking just yet. my graphics card is an asus geforce fx 5200. i know technically you're just supposed to update to the latest drivers available but i stopped updating like a year or 2 ago because the newer versions which were more focused on newer cards were causing problems with mine. does anyone know what the best drivers are to use for this card?
GP1mil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GP1mil
Member since 2006 • 994 Posts
In your case bud I would look into modded legacy drivers like from tweaksrus.com or ngohq.com. Since it is a 5200 Omega might even have a driver for that not 100% sure on him though since he is mainly ATI. With the modded drivers your still getting support with the newer drivers that are being officially released from nVidia and ATI since they no longer support the FX series
Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts
When i had FX 5200 PCI from PNY i used the CD Drivers it was fine.
SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts
can anyone recommend the best modded drivers for my card? i'm not sure which ones to try and i can't really tell the differences in them. also, whats the best official nvidia driver version that i could use. thanks for the help so far