Benchmark Thread - How do you rank against other GS users?

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
We should see about getting this stickied.
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="mitu123"]Nope, tried running as administrator and still nothing happens.mitu123
disable UAC?

I always have it disabled.

it doesnt work for me either lol doesnt suprise me with how identical our setups are Must not like our configurations...
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

How about you put the other scores too, so people like me without DX11 can join the fun? :(

And there's a benchmark thread on mobile wars board(or maybe android board i can't remember) but we could do a phone one too here i guess.

kraken2109
Ice Strike doesn't seem to work properly on PC. Horgen, with a 3570K and 680 only gets 14K in Ice Strike, but I, with a 3570K and 670 get 171K. Then again, if we did have an Ice Strike leaderboard, I would at least be at the top. :P
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

How about you put the other scores too, so people like me without DX11 can join the fun? :(

And there's a benchmark thread on mobile wars board(or maybe android board i can't remember) but we could do a phone one too here i guess.

C_Rule

Ice Strike doesn't seem to work properly on PC. Horgen, with a 3570K and 680 only gets 14K in Ice Strike, but I, with a 3570K and 670 get 171K. Then again, if we did have an Ice Strike leaderboard, I would at least be at the top. :P

You beat me in Ice Storm as well, I get 158k.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/635694?

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#155 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

kraken2109

If you don't have a DX11 card at this point, why are you bothered to want to take part in benchmarking?  No offense, but DX11 cards have been out for over 3 and a half years now.  

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

Updated driver to the beta and re-ran it. Slightly better. I need to upgrade my GPU.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/635954

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="darksusperia"]

disable UAC?GamingVengeance

I always have it disabled.

it doesnt work for me either lol doesnt suprise me with how identical our setups are

Must not like our configurations...

Check the service is running.Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> services. Its listed as FuturemarkSystemInfo Service

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 darksusperia

Updated driver to the beta and re-ran it. Slightly better. I need to upgrade my GPU.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/635954

quikdash6
updated.
We should see about getting this stickied.2ndWonder
That would be nice, thanks :)
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 darksusperia

kraken2109
Ice Storm is broken on PC so we cant use it, and basing placings from the combined total of them all would skew the results to an inaccurate state. That leaves Cloud Gate, which seems to be more consistent in its weighting. I can have a leaderboard for Cloud Gate, and compile the board from existing scores, or we can have it for phones. Im easy, will do either. I'll leave it up to the people to make the choice between the two options. I dont want to exclude anyone from the thread or fun, that is not my intention. Fire strike will most likely be good for the next couple years seeing how it is quite demanding and provides an easy way to get results from people. I did consider using Valley and another benchmark to end up with the same results but that required more work from you guys. (screenshots of both, uploading screenshots, recording your hardware with cpuz/gpuz as mandatory as the results from valley could be tweaked if people we're inclined. - not just for when 3dmark recorded it wrong as it is now). My Intention was to have this as an ongoing thread that will continue to evolve with hardware upgrades over time and watch people shift (up or down).
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 GamingVengeance

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"][QUOTE="mitu123"]I always have it disabled.darksusperia

it doesnt work for me either lol doesnt suprise me with how identical our setups are

Must not like our configurations...

Check the service is running.Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> services. Its listed as FuturemarkSystemInfo Service

ya its not even anywhere under services, how do i go about fixing that?
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 darksusperia

[QUOTE="darksusperia"]

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]

Must not like our configurations...GamingVengeance

you can download it from here: http://www.futuremark.com/downloads/Futuremark_SystemInfo/latest

Let me know if this works for you. If it does I will make a FAQ section under rules to assist others that may have had trouble. 

GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 GamingVengeance

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"][QUOTE="darksusperia"]

darksusperia

you can download it from here: http://www.futuremark.com/downloads/Futuremark_SystemInfo/latest

Let me know if this works for you. If it does I will make a FAQ section under rules to assist others that may have had trouble. 

thx i got futuremark runnin now but 3dmark still wont open
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 darksusperia

[QUOTE="darksusperia"]

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"] ya its not even anywhere under services, how do i go about fixing that?GamingVengeance

thx i got futuremark runnin now but 3dmark still wont open

I found this on the evga forums - its regarding 11 but the process may still work for 13.
try this if you haven't un-install 3DMark 11, un-install futuremark info, then go in your hard drive directory wherever 3DMark was installed (Prolly under Program Files(x86), and delete the Futuremark folder, and then re-install it. See when you use the Windows un-installer the folder stays on the Hard drive directory, so if you delete it manually, it might work.
Id also reboot, then use something like ccleaner and look for remaining registry items after you've uninstalled it. Also reboot before reinstalling and when you reinstall, make sure to run the installer as admin.

nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 nightz2k
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts

Figured, what the hell, why not try a single GPU run. ;)

Fire Stike run on a single GPU: 2500k@5.1GHz, HD7950 (Single) @ 1200/1750 Memory 2x4GB @ 1600MHz

Fire Strike Score: 7285 - LINK for Proof

Can't get 5.2GHz to run through no matter what I try, upping/lowering voltage. Guess 3DMark is more stressing than some other benchmarks. :(

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

hartsickdiscipl

If you don't have a DX11 card at this point, why are you bothered to want to take part in benchmarking?  No offense, but DX11 cards have been out for over 3 and a half years now.  

To see how older cards compare. Newer cards aren't necessarily better, my card is basically a GTX650.
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Fire Stike run on a single GPU: 2500k@5.1GHz, HD7950 (Single) @ 1200/1750 Memory 2x4GB @ 1600MHz

Can't get 5.2GHz to run through no matter what I try, upping/lowering voltage. Guess 3DMark is more stressing than some other benchmarks. :(

nightz2k

Daamn, how is it your 7950 is beating the highly oc'd 680's?  The graphics score of your 7950 is better than the graphics score of postmortems 680.  Nvidia really went weaksauce with the kepler.

What programs did you use to oc your videocard/cpu and what settings did you use?  Have you heard of intel XTU and do you think its a good tool to oc instead of using the bios?

nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 nightz2k

Daamn, how is it your 7950 is beating the highly oc'd 680's?  The graphics score of your 7950 is better than the graphics score of postmortems 680.  Nvidia really went weaksauce with the kepler.

What programs did you use to oc your videocard/cpu and what settings did you use?  Have you heard of intel XTU and do you think its a good tool to oc instead of using the bios?

blaznwiipspman1

I think I got lucky with good overclocking GPU's, it's like some say a silicon lottery, even with CPU's as well. I use MSI Afterburner for the GPU overclocking, nothing else and just the BIOS for CPU. Actually never heard of Intel XTU or don't remember anyway. If it's software, then that's why, I prefer BIOS, just personal preference.

There's some 7950's even better overclockers than mine out there, but they're rare. I can only imagine my score(s) with a better CPU. ;)

I wouldn't say 680's are weak, far from it. In fact, if the 4GB versions weren't so expensive (IMO) I would have went with those instead. I didn't care for the 2GB versions. 7950's with 3GB for about 1/2 the price is sufficient enough for me.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Here's mine:

SCORE 7132

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 blaznwiipspman1

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

nightz2k

I think I got lucky with good overclocking GPU's, it's like some say a silicon lottery, even with CPU's as well. I use MSI Afterburner for the GPU overclocking, nothing else and just the BIOS for CPU. Actually never heard of Intel XTU or don't remember anyway. If it's software, then that's why, I prefer BIOS, just personal preference.

There's some 7950's even better overclockers than mine out there, but they're rare. I can only imagine my score(s) with a better CPU. ;)

I wouldn't say 680's are weak, far from it. In fact, if the 4GB versions weren't so expensive (IMO) I would have went with those instead. I didn't care for the 2GB versions. 7950's with 3GB for about 1/2 the price is sufficient enough for me.

how do you oc the cpu from the bios without changing the voltage?  If you could link me to a site that would be appreciated.  Also what settings did you use in afterburner?  

Definitely if you had a core i7 your rank in this thread would be #3.  But shadowdeathx hasn't run the benchmark and I have a feeling hed hit #2 or #3 as well since hes running trifire 7970 6gb cards.

The 680 is not weak, in fact its a very good card especially the power usage.  But being beat by a card that is less than 2/3 the price is bad bang for buck no matter what way you slice it.  The 670 is a much better nvidia card while the 680 is utterly useless.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I did my phone for a laugh...

Screenshot_2013-05-10-07-03-48.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-07-03-55.png

acanofcoke

Decided to bench my new phone to compare and damn...

:D

nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 nightz2k

how do you oc the cpu from the bios without changing the voltage?  If you could link me to a site that would be appreciated.  Also what settings did you use in afterburner?  

Definitely if you had a core i7 your rank in this thread would be #3.  But shadowdeathx hasn't run the benchmark and I have a feeling hed hit #2 or #3 as well since hes running trifire 7970 6gb cards.

The 680 is not weak, in fact its a very good card especially the power usage.  But being beat by a card that is less than 2/3 the price is bad bang for buck no matter what way you slice it.  The 670 is a much better nvidia card while the 680 is utterly useless.

blaznwiipspman1

Of course I change the voltage, there's no way I can hit over 5GHz without upping it. My liquid cooler can handle much more than my previous coolers. I have total control to overclock with a lot of settings in my motherboards BIOS. It's just finding the sweet spot(s) with a bit of trial and error, same with the GPU's. I didn't just set them at a clock and magically run stable. lol (Could only wish!) There's different variables/settings involved. I do everything manually, I don't use Intels turbo BS, it uses more power than it should.

You're running a 3770k, so your CPU overclocks a little differently and from what I hear runs a bit hotter, so your results will obviously be different. Just gotta mess around a bit in the BIOS and see what helps and what doesn't. I'm sure there's more than enough help on OCN (Overclock.net). ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

blaznwiipspman1

Yeah AMD dominates in the new 3DMark. The fact that the Nvidia cards are voltage locked probably doesn't help either.

My old 7970 got 7541 not even at max OC.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#173 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Lets not kid ourselves now this benchmark isnt the end all be all thing and is not necessarily representative of real game performance.

nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 nightz2k

Yeah AMD dominates in the new 3DMark. The fact that the Nvidia cards are voltage locked probably doesn't help either.

Postmortem123

Nah, there's 670 and 680's out there that beat my score easily when they overclock them well.

Just trial and error on overclocks, whether it's CPU or GPU's. I get BSOD's, driver failure, crashes, artifacting, and whatnot trying to get stable overclocks until I find them stable enough to get through a benchmark. It can be risky though, I don't recommend crazy high OC's without proper cooling involved. You CAN still damage or degrade your CPU/GPU putting in too much voltage, as I'm sure most of you know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

[QUOTE="Postmortem123"]

nightz2k

Nah, there's 670 and 680's out there that beat my score easily when they overclock them well.

Yeah of course, but you're looking at 1300Mhz+, which is pretty damn difficult.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

nightz2k
You really won the lottery with both your GPUs and CPU...
nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 nightz2k

Lets not kid ourselves now this benchmark isnt the end all be all thing and is not necessarily representative of real game performance.

Gambler_3

Exactly! I'm satisfied with any GPU that can max or near max out most of my games.

But yeah, it's all for fun. I enjoy benchmarking more than gaming at times, as funny as that is. :P

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 blaznwiipspman1

nightz2k

Of course I change the voltage, there's no way I can hit over 5GHz without upping it. My liquid cooler can handle much more than my previous coolers. I have total control to overclock with a lot of settings in my motherboards BIOS. It's just finding the sweet spot(s) with a bit of trial and error, same with the GPU's. I didn't just set them at a clock and magically run stable. lol (Could only wish!) There's different variables/settings involved. I do everything manually, I don't use Intels turbo BS, it uses more power than it should.

You're running a 3770k, so your CPU overclocks a little differently and from what I hear runs a bit hotter, so your results will obviously be different. Just gotta mess around a bit in the BIOS and see what helps and what doesn't. I'm sure there's more than enough help on OCN (Overclock.net). ;)

i guess ill give it a shot then later today, i try not to mess around with overclocking when i don't need to, but for the purpose of this thread i feel curious as to how far i can go.  This benchmarking thing is like going to the gym but for nerds bahah

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 darksusperia
[spoiler]

Here's mine:

SCORE 7132

[/spoiler] Grey_Eyed_Elf
added

nightz2k
added again :)
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 darksusperia
[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

kraken2109

To see how older cards compare. Newer cards aren't necessarily better, my card is basically a GTX650.

see my earlier reply.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#181 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Yeah.. I'd like to see ShadowdeathX's tri-fire benchmarks and Mitu's GTX 670 SLi. Come on gents. :-)
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
Yeah.. I'd like to see ShadowdeathX's tri-fire benchmarks and Mitu's GTX 670 SLi. Come on gents. :-)Elann2008
Mitu can't run the benchmark.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#183 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Yeah.. I'd like to see ShadowdeathX's tri-fire benchmarks and Mitu's GTX 670 SLi. Come on gents. :-)horgen123
Mitu can't run the benchmark.

Pfft! I don't believe it! xD
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

kraken2109

If the GPU can't handle DX11, it doesn't need to be taking part in benchmark wars in 2013.  Just my opinion of course.  

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

If the GPU can't handle DX11, it doesn't need to be taking part in benchmark wars in 2013.  Just my opinion of course.  

If it was really a "war" then why did you bother posting? Why did I bother posting? Neither of us had the slightest chance of being anyway near the top.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="kraken2109"] To see how older cards compare. Newer cards aren't necessarily better, my card is basically a GTX650.Gambler_3

If it was really a "war" then why did you bother posting? Why did I bother posting? Neither of us had the slightest chance of being anyway near the top.

Let me rephrase.  It's a DX11 benchmark.. not necessarily a benchmarking "war."  I just think it's ridiculous to be complaining about not being able to participate in a benchmarking thread in 2013 when you have a GPU that's over 4 years old, which doesn't even support the main API being used in the last 2 versions of 3dmark.   I don't think it's unreasonable to have a benchmarking thread about just DX11 GPUs at this point.  :?

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

hartsickdiscipl

Let me rephrase.  It's a DX11 benchmark.. not necessarily a benchmarking "war."  I just think it's ridiculous to be complaining about not being able to participate in a benchmarking thread in 2013 when you have a GPU that's over 4 years old, which doesn't even support the main API being used in the last 2 versions of 3dmark.   I don't think it's unreasonable to have a benchmarking thread about just DX11 GPUs at this point.  :?

I agree with that but he wasnt really "complaining".

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]If it was really a "war" then why did you bother posting? Why did I bother posting? Neither of us had the slightest chance of being anyway near the top.

Gambler_3

He should get a newer GPU or start his own thread about the other tests that his GPU does support.  That is all.  This is a DX11 thread.  

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 blaznwiipspman1

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

hartsickdiscipl

He should get a newer GPU or start his own thread about the other tests that his GPU does support.  That is all.  This is a DX11 thread.  

nobody said this was a dx11 thread.  Someone with quadfire 4870 gpus will do very well, same for someone with quad sli 275

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]I agree with that but he wasnt really "complaining".

blaznwiipspman1

nobody said this was a dx11 thread.  Someone with quadfire 4870 gpus will do very well, same for someone with quad sli 275

He is doing the rankings based on the Firestrike score.  You can't run that without a DX11 GPU.  So yes, it is a DX11 thread.  

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 blaznwiipspman1

hartsickdiscipl

He is doing the rankings based on the Firestrike score.  You can't run that without a DX11 GPU.  So yes, it is a DX11 thread.  

im not even sure if firestrike is reliable, as people are questioning whether its biased to AMD hardware or not.  Me, I don't see a bias as most games also favor AMD hardware, especially when there is overclocking done.  Either way, the fact that it excludes dx10 card owners makes firestrike look like the wrong benchmark to test gpus.  DX10 cards are still plenty strong, though it is true that they're growing more and more irrelevant as time goes by.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 hartsickdiscipl

blaznwiipspman1

im not even sure if firestrike is reliable, as people are questioning whether its biased to AMD hardware or not.  Me, I don't see a bias as most games also favor AMD hardware, especially when there is overclocking done.  Either way, the fact that it excludes dx10 card owners makes firestrike look like the wrong benchmark to test gpus.  DX10 cards are still plenty strong, though it is true that they're growing more and more irrelevant as time goes by.

Reliable or not, that's what we are using.  Yes, it does seem to like AMD cards, especially the HD 7000's.  DX11 cards have been out for almost 4 years now.  That's what the benchmark being used to rank in this thread is made for.  Moving on.  

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I broke 12000, YAY

Update please...

Capture-20.png

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 FaustArp

I broke 12000, YAY

Update please...

Capture-20.png

acanofcoke
Nice. What clocks were you running your 680s at?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-579f651eab962
[QUOTE="acanofcoke"]

I broke 12000, YAY

Update please...

Capture-20.png

FaustArp

1260, oooh sexy new sig I see....
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 FaustArp
[QUOTE="FaustArp"][QUOTE="acanofcoke"]

I broke 12000, YAY

Update please...

Capture-20.png

acanofcoke

Great job...and darksusperia made it for me. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-579f651eab962
[QUOTE="FaustArp"][QUOTE="acanofcoke"][QUOTE="FaustArp"] Nice. What clocks were you running your 680s at?

Can you remember the best firestrike you had on your 680's?
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 FaustArp
[QUOTE="acanofcoke"][QUOTE="FaustArp"][QUOTE="acanofcoke"] 1260, oooh sexy new sig I see....

No, I can't...and I recently had the bright idea of cleaning up my computer files and online hosted photos to make things easier to find...and apparently deleted that stuff so I'll never know I guess. D'oh!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-579f651eab962
[QUOTE="FaustArp"][QUOTE="acanofcoke"][QUOTE="FaustArp"] Great job...and darksusperia made it for me. :)

No, I can't...and I recently had the bright idea of cleaning up my computer files and online hosted photos to make things easier to find...and apparently deleted that stuff so I'll never know I guess. D'oh!

Wouldn't it be on your online results