Battlefield Heroes Beta ---Thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Vlaimir_Lem86
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts
IMO, this game fails in every aspect of a BF game. Headshots dont mean anything, 3rd person in a BF game is a complete joke, a web-based game launcher, and playing with 14 year olds is always a drag. Commandos cloak is unlimated. Semi auto sniper rifles are TERRIBLY OP, and can be fired while moveing with dead on accuracy. A gunner class for instance, doesnt stand a chance against a sniper at long range, if the sniper has half a brain, and isnt completely braindead. As a gunner class in any other BF game, i had at least somewhat of a chance against a sniper, just for the fact that i could switch to a sub-machine gun, and pick them off, but aiming for headshots in this game doesnt mean anything, since there are no "crosshairs" just a small circle or a "general area" to aim for. I could normally either pick a sniper off with a sub machine gun or flank them and knife them, but you cant, which brings me to my next point. The only class that gets a knife is the commando, which is complete fail. And knifes aren't 1 hit kills from the back, which is also fail. The soldier class's frag spam is completely retarded, and offers yet again, a skill-less class. Which leaves the gunner class the weakest (yet the most challenging) class in the game. Machine gun blows in comparison to even the pistol. Rocket laucher takes skill, but doesnt hit hard enough (in comparsion to frags). This game needs class balanceing. The ability system seems cool, but it also lands in the lackluster area of gameing. Only 3 maps, 3 classes, and a match-makeing system, instead of server selection. Cant get much worse than that. And a "money shop"?!?!?!?! I thought that was only in f2p MMOs?!? wtf. The only upside to this game is that its completely free. But i know 90% of the gameing population would be more than willing to spend 20-30 bones for a real BF game. I noramlly NEVER play free games, and now i completely understand why (aside from RoM, which is actually quite good). I got my gunner to lvl 12, and im def scrappin this game. This is a VERY cheap version of TF2/UT, with "abilities", i advise to pass this game by, you wont be missing much. Again, this is my opinion, what about you guys. V
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I think it is a lot of fun, not meant for competition. I love just getting into good fights and having a good time.

If you go there expectinga hardcore competitive game, you will be disappointed. DICE never said it was a MMO nor that it is going to be "hardcore".

TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
I agree, this game is complete and total fail. The only reason anyone is even trying it out is because of the Battlefield name. Let's be honest guys DICE hasn't done anything great on the PC since Battlefield 2. 2142 was horrible IMO, Mirror's Edge was a huge letdown and then there's BF Heroes. They're not as good as they used to be.
MrUnSavory1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MrUnSavory1
Member since 2005 • 777 Posts

I can sum this game up in 4 words......."Sucks to the Bone"

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I've been playing it a lot of the last week.

Only one class have a knife? And so what?!..

There's only three map because it's a beta. However each map is well crafted and each map does a good job playing to diffrent aspects of the game.

As for your idea of the diffrent classes it doesnt sound like you've actully played the game a lot. Yes, commandos are lethal at range, they are primarily snipers, what did you expect? You can kill a sniper at range as long as you use the right weapon and watch what your doing.

The rocket launcher sucks when you use it against other infantry, it's a weapon used against vehcles. If you know what your doing a decent gunner with a rocket launcher can slaughter a tank while on foot, against other infantry you need to use the MG, or the short range shotgun if your at close quaters. In addition to that Gunners can completely negate grenade spam using the 'I eat grenades ability'. If you think it's a weak class I'm not sure you've yet to learn the nuances of the game.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. It has a lot of the same qualities I enjoy in TF2. The fact that it's free dosent hurt either.

Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vlaimir_Lem86

I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I've been playing it a lot of the last week.

There's only three map because it's a beta. However each map is well crafted and each map does a good job playing to diffrent aspects of the game.

As for your idea of the diffrent classes it doesnt sound like you've actully played the game a lot. Yes, commandos are lethal at range, they are primarily snipers, what did you expect? You can kill a sniper at range as long as you use the right weapon and watch what your doing.

The rocket launcher sucks when you use it against other infantry, it's a weapon used against vehcles. If you know what your doing a decent gunner with a rocket launcher can slaughter a tank while on foot, against other infantry you need to use the MG, or the short range shotgun if your at close quaters. In addition to that Gunners can completely negate grenade spam using the 'I eat grenades ability'. If you think it's a weak class I'm not sure you've yet to learn the nuances of the game.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. It has a lot of the same qualities I enjoy in TF2. The fact that it's free dosent hurt either.

Mazoch
After reading all of this you obviously havent played a battlefield game, or any decnt online fps for that matter.
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vlaimir_Lem86

I think it is a lot of fun, not meant for competition. I love just getting into good fights and having a good time.

If you go there expectinga hardcore competitive game, you will be disappointed. DICE never said it was a MMO nor that it is going to be "hardcore".

Wasdie
I also, never said this was an mmo.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

Wasdie

^ This, if you don't like it don't play it. Its not like your forced to pay for it. Jeez there are some ignorant people out there.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
I think it's extremely repetitive, and paying real cash for items that last a month is lame.
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Wooow just wow...the extent to which you take this game seriously is quite frankly sad...You seem to have forgotten that simple games can be fun and that games dont have to be battlefield to be good.

Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vlaimir_Lem86

Wooow just wow...the extent to which you take this game seriously is quite frankly sad...You seem to have forgotten that simple games can be fun and that games dont have to be battlefield to be good.

rzepak
I have been a big Battlefield fan since 1942 and Vietnam, thats why i took this game seriously, and wrote this thread in the first place. I just dont see diehard fans of the series looking at this for more than 3 minutes. I play games for a challenge, not a mindless skilless fragfest. And like i said in my OP, this is my opinion, and if i take this game too seriously for your likeing, than move on.
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

[QUOTE="Mazoch"]

Vlaimir_Lem86

After reading all of this you obviously havent played a battlefield game, or any decnt online fps for that matter.

I've played all of the PC BF games and this guy is right. The game is still in beta and being balanced. They've already previewed the fourth map. And of course a gunner is going to get owned by a Commando at range, that's what Commandos are for. At close quarters gunners own commandos, at least competent gunners do. I play a gunner and he's constantly one of the two highest scorers on any map and he completely owns vehicles. I'd say just learn to play the class better.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It's ok, but I think I'll stick with Combat Arms until I get a graphics card that can handle Counter-Strike Source.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

I thought it was a horrid beta. awful in almost every way

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
I think it's extremely repetitive, and paying real cash for items that last a month is lame.Tikicobra
who said you had too? I mean no one complained that in BF 1942 you couldn't even get new uniforms, but now they add some (free and real money) and people start complaining. It isn't like if you play BF Heroes you must buy these outfits. The only things i have bought is the things that cost VP (which means it is free) because i am with everyone on why would i pay money.... But guess what i got past that and have enjoyed the game. I think it is a very great game for what it is trying to do. It isn't trying to be a competitive/hardcore deathmatch, but a game that anyone can play and not get completely dominated it (aka... casual) and i am fine with that because i will probably only play it like once every week or two weeks once it gets released anyway. Also it is one of the best games to pick up for 10 minutes and actually finish. Most games (even shooters) you need to spend anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to play. While that is quicker than say a MMO, it still doesn't match the quickness of BF Heroes. Now this does hurt it in my eyes because i would like if sometimes i could last longer (hopefully they will add like a 32 person gamemode with matches lasting longer... that way you can choose between short and long games). And right now it is beta so they always balance classes (commando) and more maps will (or at least should) be added. I will agree it isn't the best game out there, but it is far from the worst and meets up with the above average games in my eyes. And to it being repetitive... what shooter isn't? I mean look at the other BFs.... They all have a few classes with basically the same game type... (sorry Titan in BF 2142 isn't still the same shoot there, kill that). BF Heroes is as repetitive as every fighter, racer, jrpg, shooter, and etc out there. You can say how much more repetitive it is, but that is only saying how much you dislike the game because when you like the game you ignore repetition. When you dislike one you focus on it... that is the only reason they ("bad" games) tend to be more repetitive than the counter-strikes, halos, diablos, battlefields, command and conquers, warcrafts, and all those other games people like.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
I love this game, its not as realistic as the other BF2 games but its alot of fun to me. After hours of playing COD4 and killzone 2 this game is a fun shooter that doesnt require you to be really good.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
it sucks, but its a free game targeted at 10 year olds, I didnt expect anything more.
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vlaimir_Lem86

[QUOTE="Vlaimir_Lem86"][QUOTE="Mazoch"]

myke2010

I've played all of the PC BF games and this guy is right. The game is still in beta and being balanced. They've already previewed the fourth map. And of course a gunner is going to get owned by a Commando at range, that's what Commandos are for. At close quarters gunners own commandos, at least competent gunners do. I play a gunner and he's constantly one of the two highest scorers on any map and he completely owns vehicles. I'd say just learn to play the class better.

I love people who assume. The matchmakeing part of the game is so horrible. Load into a match that is just about done, or thats 6v6, and everyone on the opposing team is a commando, on the lame ship map to boot. And commando's have down me mid to close range with a semi-auto sniper rifle MANY times, while moveing (them). Not to mention, yet again, their cloak time is unlimited. I love unloading 5 shotgun blasts in a row to their face, and they still down me with 3 sniper shots, while backing up. And lets not even talk about the soldiers "multiple nade" spamming. Or not being able to jump in a diagnal direction. I know how to play the horrible class, and mostly come in the top 3. But compareing the gunner to the assault class in 2142 is horrible. I have, many times, downd snipers on the support class, with an assault rifle. It just takes AIMING, and skill, while this game requires neither. I need to fraps, and upload a video of all this garbage. Even tho many people favor BF2 over 2142, i enjoyed 2142 more, and still play it to this day. I guess Heroes is a good starter game for the kiddies. *shrug*
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="myke2010"]

[QUOTE="Vlaimir_Lem86"] After reading all of this you obviously havent played a battlefield game, or any decnt online fps for that matter.Vlaimir_Lem86

I love people who assume. The matchmakeing part of the game is so horrible. Load into a match that is just about done, or thats 6v6, and everyone on the opposing team is a commando, on the lame ship map to boot. And commando's have down me mid to close range with a semi-auto sniper rifle MANY times, while moveing (them). Not to mention, yet again, their cloak time is unlimited. I love unloading 5 shotgun blasts in a row to their face, and they still down me with 3 sniper shots, while backing up. And lets not even talk about the soldiers "multiple nade" spamming. Or not being able to jump in a diagnal direction. I know how to play the horrible class, and mostly come in the top 3. But compareing the gunner to the assault class in 2142 is horrible. I have, many times, downd snipers on the support class, with an assault rifle. It just takes AIMING, and skill, while this game requires neither. I need to fraps, and upload a video of all this garbage. Even tho many people favor BF2 over 2142, i enjoyed 2142 more, and still play it to this day. I guess its a good starter game for the kiddies. *shrug*

I agree, but it goes BF2 project reality>BF2142>BF2
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
or any decnt online fps for that matter.Vlaimir_Lem86
for clarification, "decent" is defined as the BF2 Realism Mod and nothing else.
Rock_Dwarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rock_Dwarf
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

I think it's a very fun game actually, it's a fair break from the gritty "THIS IS WAR, WAR IS BAD" shooters we get these days.

Nothing wrong with lightening up, kicking back and changing your gaming attitude from "Pro" to "Recreation". (XBL Gamertag reference there ;))

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

BAWWWW COMMANDOS KILLED MEVlaimir_Lem86

I haven't played the beta in forever, but the game is fine balance-wise. The only major issue with Commandos was 1-shot kills with a Headshot, which they fixed (it was an issue because headshots are stupidly easy to get in this game. Not really because of the hitboxes, but because of the pacing & movement system.)

A good Soldier can wipe the floor with a Commando, provided he isn't terrible at weapon selection (PROTIP: A decent Soldier with the long range pistol can destroy Commandos), and assuming he knows where his Burning Bullets button is. Gunners sort of get the shaft with their abilities, but they do annihilate everything else at close range unless you just have really bad aim.

It's not a super-serious competetive game, but it is quite entertaining once you level up and get a good selection of abilities (this coming from someone who has played pretty much everything in terms of multiplayer FPS games.)

Avatar image for seancollins1987
seancollins1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 seancollins1987
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
Played for about an hour but became very feed up witht he whole thing.. didnt like how slow everything felt, if they were trying to make TF2 type game i consider this an Epic Fail.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Played for about an hour but became very feed up witht he whole thing.. didnt like how slow everything felt, if they were trying to make TF2 type game i consider this an Epic Fail.seancollins1987

It's pretty clear they weren't. Art style aside, it in no way resembles TF2..

First impressions of the game are kinda bad, actually..but it picks up once you put a bit of time into leveling.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Its alright, but it really feels unbalanced at times. The controls for vehicles is very stiff as well. The one benefit I get from this game is that its free, and I'm able to play with my friends whom are too cheap to buy TF2 or BF2.

TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
People really need to stop comparing this game to TF2 or thinking that DICE ripped off TF2. They're both cartoon shooters and are completely different!
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts

Ok, its not what youd call game of the year, but its not "****** HORRIBLE!" either. Its alright, its a fun game.

vedomedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 vedomedo
Member since 2004 • 370 Posts

imo the game is quite fun, but the "free" aspect of it seems abit **** because of the fact that you have to pay if you want ANYTHING special, not that it gives stats or anything but my point is still there. also i think there are WAY to many hackers, in other words; they should beef up their "anti hack" system...

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
I liked the graphics...and that's about it. Only tried one infantry map shortly and almost fell asleep, the shooting sucks, the weapons suck, the map sucked, movement sucks ..it just sucks. I might give some vehicle map another chance but this far it's the worst game I've played this gen. I'm thinking this is what BF1943 will be like too.
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vlaimir_Lem86

[QUOTE="Vlaimir_Lem86"]BAWWWW COMMANDOS KILLED MEVelocitas8

I haven't played the beta in forever, but the game is fine balance-wise. The only major issue with Commandos was 1-shot kills with a Headshot, which they fixed (it was an issue because headshots are stupidly easy to get in this game. Not really because of the hitboxes, but because of the pacing & movement system.)

A good Soldier can wipe the floor with a Commando, provided he isn't terrible at weapon selection (PROTIP: A decent Soldier with the long range pistol can destroy Commandos), and assuming he knows where his Burning Bullets button is. Gunners sort of get the shaft with their abilities, but they do annihilate everything else at close range unless you just have really bad aim.

It's not a super-serious competetive game, but it is quite entertaining once you level up and get a good selection of abilities (this coming from someone who has played pretty much everything in terms of multiplayer FPS games.)

Like you said, gunner class got a huge shaft. Even the uber close range shotgun blows. The shield ability isnt too bad once its maxed, but i also think that ability gets the shaft compared to the soldier's heal ability, or their bullets that bun over time. I think ill see how the new maps are once it actually leaves beta phase and goes live, but i dont see it getting much betta.
hibikino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hibikino
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts

I like the game... The graphics and the gameplay is pretty simplistic.... The only problem is that there are no servers available yet in the Far East region where I live... Consequently, it lags as hell... Hopefully, the final version will get all region server support.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

It's free so I wasn't really expecting much. I wish they had more maps.

knat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 knat4
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

I wouldn't say this is the greatest game i have played. I mean the vihicle controls are sluggish and lets be honest even the most die hard amongst us can't say that the shooting is slightly ilproportioned. To the people who compare this to the rest in the series they need to realise its a free game and that its in a league below a retail game, so cut it some slack. Do you really think people EA is going to pour a tonne of money into a program which they are offering for free? I understand they may harge of add ons but hey how else were they going to break even.

lizzardman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lizzardman666
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Yep, horribly unbalanced. The gunner is almost completely useless, because by the time you get to a decent range for shooting your enemy, you will probably get shot by 5 commandos.

Tanks are really OP and are nearly impossible to take down as infantry. I mean- 90% of my deads are caused by tanks.

Planes are hard to control, even harder to take down enemies with and are also quite easily taken down by commandos.

And wth is with the infinite invisibility and the ability to cap points while cloaked?

Also the maps are waay too big for the max amount of players and their speed.

Besides that I still sometimes play the game, because I feel it's fun for a quick 10 min. match. But that's my opinion.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
I find it fun as hell, and I wouldn't say it's bad at all...There are some problems, like the soldier can't kill the tank, gunplay is weak, but it's free... And to the guy that made the topic, that thing about 14 year old kids is ridiculous...
xNJN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xNJN
Member since 2006 • 1374 Posts
ummm... i don't really like it, but I can't really complain because it's free.
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Vlaimir_Lem86
NECRO!!!
yukilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yukilla
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts

I just played it and it was very fun. It needs more work but hey, it's in the beta stages. It's in no way trying to be TF2 as I thought.

Mushrooom_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mushrooom_Man
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts

I think it's kinda fun to play, and I like the catchy music...

And why did you bring back this thread?

Slim_Pup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 Slim_Pup
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

It sucks when you consider it a part of the BF series, but it's not. On it's own, it's an okay game with some potential, but it still has a lot problems. It's insanely hard unless you start dishin out your money for battlefunds, and the game itself is pretty flawed. You can't even delete your characters, and I hate the server system. If EA works on this a little more, I feel like it would be much better.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

It sucks when you consider it a part of the BF series, but it's not. On it's own, it's an okay game with some potential, but it still has a lot problems. It's insanely hard unless you start dishin out your money for battlefunds, and the game itself is pretty flawed. You can't even delete your characters, and I hate the server system. If EA works on this a little more, I feel like it would be much better.

Slim_Pup

I maintained a 3+ kill-death ratio without laying out so much as a single Battlefund. Since purchasing equipment and "uber" weapons, I've noticed very little difference in regards to how powerful I am. It's about how you use your weapons, not about how many Battlefunds you can spend. If you are a solid player, you can easily defeat someone who has purchased their gear, especially if you work in groups with other players.

amirzaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 amirzaim
Member since 2007 • 1720 Posts
I'm had been playing this game and joining this game was free but when any players need some special example weapons, suits, and etc., they should pay it for getting this special items and even some users aquiring the very special BF suit by inserting the Dr. Pepper's code. Where they getting the Dr.Pepper's code? The good is you can play it directly from the browser but the bad thing is the installation for this game is too long and you'll may get error message when you're closing the BF game with properly.