Battlefield 3 or Skyrim? Which one should i prepurchase?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Battlefield 2 is one of my fav games of all time, love all those big maps with lots of infantry running, but sometimes like in bc2, i get pissed when you just respawn and die cos some one was right behind u blah .. or to hitmark some1 alot but at the end he just wont die...

In the other hand, i'm a big fan of oblivion, and i also love fallout series.

Don't know which one should i prepurchase first, at the end i'll have both but can't buy em at the same time. Which one is worth gettin first?

Thanks

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
They are almost a month apart at release, get em both! :P
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 alan_carter
Not possible... i had some spare money which i used for purchasing some pc upgrades. Anyways as they both will be released one week after the other, i dunno how would i schedule my time for playin both and also to study... they should have been released just before holidays
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Skyrim! That's really the only choice for me. While I still want to play BF3 badly, I would MUCH rather be playing Skyrim than BF.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
Which one do you think you will enjoy more? Do you prefer First person shooters or open-world Rpg's?
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Neither, wait for reviews. :P
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alan_carter

I don't really like rpgs, with all that magic stuff, elfs.... but hey i love oblivion and bethseda open world rpgs Battlefield 2 is a masterpiece, bc2 is alrite and bf3 looks alot like bc2, and i hate been killed just after respawn and it's a pretty unbalanced game, if 1 team starts dominating, they will defo win the round, even if the other starts playin well they will lose anyway... so it's like, ok i'm in the losing team, i'm going to get **** scores and lose. On bf3 i will play with friends, and on skyrim it's sp only. If it's like oblivion, where i spent more than 300 hours i don't mind, but if it's like fallout, which is great, but when u're done, the game ends and u cannot even keep playin... in oblivion u could still go around n close oblivion gates lol n lotta more

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alan_carter
Thats a good point, but i'm way too nervous and i have a little patience. Also the special ed. from both games is prepurchase available only. Well even thou i remember that bc2 special ed was still selling more than 1 month later after release
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

I can only say both, or it just comes down to personal preference, if you cant decide throw a coin.

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
I'm finding myself leaning towards skyrim... I'll be in uni by the time they come out and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to game online in halls... So Skyrim offers much more for me!
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Skyrim by far, BF3 only uses Origin and Origin sucks.
LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

Skyrim no doubt... FPS shooters can wait.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
Skyrim by far, BF3 only uses Origin and Origin sucks.theycallmeryan
So... are you saying its not worth purchasing just because of Origin?
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alan_carter

Bf3 looks so perfect and awesome on those ultra mega super edited videos by ea... but on the alpha gameplays vids i can see an identical bc2 where u can see ur legs, that will be quite buggy and even thou it's alpha, game won't vary much..

New study year starting soon and don't know which of them will be more enjoyable in shorter periods..

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

Bf3 looks so perfect and awesome on those ultra mega super edited videos by ea... but on the alpha gameplays vids i can see an identical bc2 where u can see ur legs, that will be quite buggy and even thou it's alpha, game won't vary much..

New study year starting soon and don't know which of them will be more enjoyable in shorter periods..

alan_carter

First off I'd like to say about the to posts I quoted that they are some of the stupidest ones I've ever read. Who the f*** bases what games they buy one what download sevice they use? Are you too stupid to judge by gameplay? Or are you just some jaded steam hipster who hates "evil" corparations? The other post is just pure unadulterated retardation.

Now to help you out I personally like to buy multiplayer games closer to release than I do single player games. The reason for this is I like the first couple of days when everyone is figuring out the game together and also muitplayer games seem to not drop in price nearly as quick as single player games. Most single player games drop in price very quickly but mutiplayer games seem to be able to keep thier price higher. Also something I like to do with Bethesda games is, since they always release a TON of DLC, wait for the GOTY edition. Other wise you'll be forking out an additional $40 for all the DLC. Another reason is with some MP games the community decreases over time and its better to buy the game sooner to get max ejoyment (although with BF3 I don't think this is a problem), SP games don't depend on other people for fun so if you buy it a year after release it won't be any less enjoyable. And last but not least the longer you wait with Bethesda games the more bugs will get patched and mods will be released.

Now that being said you really can't go wrong with either one since they'll both be great, but these are just my thouhts on the matter.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

BF3 or Skyrim ? Simple answer - Skyrim ... screw Origin and EA ...

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alan_carter

[QUOTE="alan_carter"]

Croag821

First off I'd like to say about the to posts I quoted that they are some of the stupidest ones I've ever read. Who the f*** bases what games they buy one what download sevice they use? Are you too stupid to judge by gameplay? Or are you just some jaded steam hipster who hates "evil" corparations? The other post is just pure unadulterated retardation.

Now to help you out I personally like to buy multiplayer games closer to release than I do single player games. The reason for this is I like the first couple of days when everyone is figuring out the game together and also muitplayer games seem to not drop in price nearly as quick as single player games. Most single player games drop in price very quickly but mutiplayer games seem to be able to keep thier price higher. Also something I like to do with Bethesda games is, since they always release a TON of DLC, wait for the GOTY edition. Other wise you'll be forking out an additional $40 for all the DLC. Another reason is with some MP games the community decreases over time and its better to buy the game sooner to get max ejoyment (although with BF3 I don't think this is a problem), SP games don't depend on other people for fun so if you buy it a year after release it won't be any less enjoyable. And last but not least the longer you wait with Bethesda games the more bugs will get patched and mods will be released.

Now that being said you really can't go wrong with either one since they'll both be great, but these are just my thouhts on the matter.

Totally agree with you. I guess that origin is some kind of ea dload manager uh? Anyways if i'm getting the retail game, i'd just use it for bf3 updates and dlc dload right? thats not a problem

U opened my eyes, as i bought fo new vegas like 3 months after release for about 29 dollars, and now i haven't got any dlc cos gettin em alone will cost like 30 dollars...

Also gotta ad that the prepurchsae of skyrim only gives u a map (paper map lol xD), like the one that oblivion and most games bring for free.. while bf3 special ed gives u the classic maps for free.

I was hesitating because skyrim is like something different, brings lotta more innovations n features while bf3 is just an improved fps with few new features, but it's more viable to get the online game first, even thou i want to play both so desperately... should've saved some money in the summer :\

Greetings :D

psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts
well that has to depend on your tastes in games, if you dont like FPS but like rpg's then Skyrim, likewise if you dont like rpg's but like FPS then BF3 could be for you. personally i plan on getting both, they are far enough apart to not hurt the bank balance to much, if you are not a die hard fan of the BF series, perhaps wait for reviews to come out, to see what people think of the EA announcements before committing to the game.
Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

Skyrim no doubt... FPS shooters can wait.

LUMIN4RY

This

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

Battlefield 2 is one of my fav games of all timealan_carter

I can only say both, or it just comes down to personal preference, if you cant decide throw a coin.

Silicel1

Yeah, a good idea is to actually toss a coin. You'll usually know what you want before you even see the result.

I'm biased towards BF3, since I absolutely hated Oblivion. It was, by far, one of the most forgettable RPGs I've ever played. I only got through it because of extensive modding.

IMHO, multiplayer games have more replay value. Just pick the game that will tide you over until you can afford the next.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

BF3 is the obvious choice.

Bethesda games suffer from major bugs on release. And Skyrim will obviously also suffer from chronic consolitis!

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

yeah, they are a month apart. get both.

twistedface12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 twistedface12
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts

Battlefield 2 is one of my fav games of all time, love all those big maps with lots of infantry running, but sometimes like in bc2, i get pissed when you just respawn and die cos some one was right behind u blah .. or to hitmark some1 alot but at the end he just wont die...

In the other hand, i'm a big fan of oblivion, and i also love fallout series.

Don't know which one should i prepurchase first, at the end i'll have both but can't buy em at the same time. Which one is worth gettin first?

Thanks

alan_carter
Battlefield 3
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Skyrim, no contest

CDudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CDudu
Member since 2007 • 694 Posts

Skyrim for the best SP experience.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alan_carter

Well origin spying stuff is kinda confusing, i don't think that it's so evil and nosy, only new fail strategy for anti piracy. i doubt that a company such as ea will want to self-destroy, specially right before releasing one of their hot titles.

Anyways, i hate all the stuff related with magic elfs, dungueons blehh but oblivion is an exception, and fallout series is great.

But what i hate about it is when u finish dialogs, afterwards u can only ask the same stuff and sometimes u gotta do things carefully cos otherwise u will be stucked at the quest cos some bug, and i've read that post sayin something about "ugly skyrim", game looks astonishing, but the texture from the shield looks kinda bad and for example the fire from the dragon looks like very basic... well bf3 isn't free of flaws and looks kinda buggy n unstable too..

At the end i'll get bf3 first, like all those other trolls that say that they won't ever get any ea game again cos origin :P

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Skyrim - tons of hours of SP expirience which can leave you wanting to play it again, and again and again.

BF3 - several hours of SP expirience and lots of hours of raging and raging and raging becouse it's MP - there will always be someone who will piss you off with his stupidity ...

DasBeerBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DasBeerBoot
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

As a die hard BF fan I'd take BF3 :S

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 alan_carter

Skyrim - tons of hours of SP expirience which can leave you wanting to play it again, and again and again.

BF3 - several hours of SP expirience and lots of hours of raging and raging and raging becouse it's MP - there will always be someone who will piss you off with his stupidity ...

Code135

I think that developers should stop making singleplayer modes for mp based games... it was fun 5 years ago, to play cod2 sp with lots of bots coming towards u..

I didn't even play further from the first mission on bc2 and i just quitted mw2 sp nearly at the begginin cos i hate all that limited path defined missions.

I also get quite pissed on bc2, cos it's rly unbalanced, if theres one winning team, or u're defender, they're gonna blast u. Respawn and die respawn and die, someone behind or around, and u get revived, killed.. u can end up like 5-15

This damn stupid prepurchase bonuses stuff rly working on our stupid minds, i'd wait for reviews to come out but what am i gonna do, give ea origin my bank credentials for purchasing bf2 classic maps? or well, miss the cloth map... bf3 best choice.