Battlefield 3 Leaked Info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10...3-leaked-info/

Main points

Release in late 2008
Powered by "Frostbite DX"
Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
Same "ticket-based" gameplay ****as before
Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are "Battalions" which consist of three to four squads.
Five playable ****s; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
Possible public beta in "Summer 2008?
Online stats tracking, awards and "real world ranks"
"Soldier" feature, looks like MMO-**** characters and avatars
Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
In-game replay and recording feature
VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and "extensive clan support"
Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts
... Delete this mods i just found the same thread on page 4.
underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
Please make it PC only!!! I hope it's real than I'm the happiest person out there...
Impulsive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Impulsive20
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

80 player servers will be sweet get the feel of real war...anyone remember joint ops typhoon rising 150player servers...

source link -

Error 404 - Not Found

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

80 player servers will be sweet get the feel of real war...anyone remember joint ops typhoon rising 150player servers...

source link -

Error 404 - Not Found

Impulsive20
Oh yes 80 "players" will definately give you the feel of "real" war LOL! Games are so real...
Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts

This looks like a really awesome game as long as

A) They don't make it like a BF2 mod. 2142 would have been better than BF2 if it BF2 was never released. It was great, but you can't really shake that feeling that you've been here before. However, if the difference is like the difference between 1942 and BF2, they'll have done something fantastic.

B) DO NOT make it Vista only. Seriously, that is probably the worst business choice they could make. I'm not planning on getting Vista until I hear that it's been fixed for good and I get some more RAM (or is 2 gigs enough to run modern games on high settings? I have an 8800GTS and games run like a dream now, and Dx10 will supposedly make this better, but Vista is supposed to be so much of a hog in itself, so I dunno). Ialso can't get Vista for my next birthday since it happens to be my 16th and a certain other thing will probably top my list. Maybe this and Vista for xmas 08?

And I actually like the return to the modern setting. It's a bit of a stretch to say this, but modern might be a bit different now than in 2005. For instance, we have ACUs now, the grayish digital camo and a remote control for the tank machine gun on top, so that guy won't be exposed (like 2142). Really though, I hope modern day means iron sights again. Red dots for everyone just because noobs can't aim isn't exactly my cup of tea.

I'm pretty confident in the BF series though and I'll probably rush out to get this if it's for XP.

Impulsive20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Impulsive20
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
[QUOTE="Impulsive20"]

source link -

Error 404 - Not Found

A1B2C3CAL

Oh yes 80 "players" will definately give you the feel of "real" war LOL! Games are so real...

It will bring a kinda real life feeling.. large scale battles ect

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
80 players, sounds good.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
A large scale feeling is cool; I wouldn't want the feel of real war, that would probably suck.
Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts

A) They don't make it like a BF2 mod. 2142 would have been better than BF2 if it BF2 was never released. It was great, but you can't really shake that feeling that you've been here before. However, if the difference is like the difference between 1942 and BF2, they'll have done something fantastic.

B) DO NOT make it Vista only. Seriously, that is probably the worst business choice they could make. I'm not planning on getting Vista until I hear that it's been fixed for good and I get some more RAM (or is 2 gigs enough to run modern games on high settings? I have an 8800GTS and games run like a dream now, and Dx10 will supposedly make this better, but Vista is supposed to be so much of a hog in itself, so I dunno). Ialso can't get Vista for my next birthday since it happens to be my 16th and a certain other thing will probably top my list. Maybe this and Vista for xmas 08?

And I actually like the return to the modern setting. It's a bit of a stretch to say this, but modern might be a bit different now than in 2005. For instance, we have ACUs now, the grayish digital camo and a remote control for the tank machine gun on top, so that guy won't be exposed (like 2142). Really though, I hope modern day means iron sights again. Red dots for everyone just because noobs can't aim isn't exactly my cup of tea.

I'm pretty confident in the BF series though and I'll probably rush out to get this if it's for XP.

AlternatingCaps

Windows Vista was a hog, but not anymore. I dont have any trouble at all with it. I have an increse with about 5% in FPS in most games. Some games i cant run at all :P So they are really good. But overall. All new games works great after that patch that made vista use 640MB ram less.

ppau08223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ppau08223
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
[QUOTE="AlternatingCaps"]

Thigeic

Windows Vista was a hog, but not anymore. I dont have any trouble at all with it. I have an increse with about 5% in FPS in most games. Some games i cant run at all :P So they are really good. But overall. All new games works great after that patch that made vista use 640MB ram less.

how did vista not suddenly become a resource hog? it was that the drivers. the improved the drivers allowed you to play the games better.

PcGamer2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PcGamer2020
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10...3-leaked-info/

Main points

Release in late 2008