Battlefield 2 opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aaronk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aaronk12
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hey everybody wats your guys opinion on BF2 share you thoughts(lol)   
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Oh boy. Incredible game that I have over 525 hours online with.... Am on and off addicted to it...
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Fun game, but then came along the patches and it was eventually destroyed by the company that created it. I stopped playing after I unloaded 30 m4a21 bullets point blank into a sniper and all I saw was dust and his knife in my chest. Pathetic hitboxes. I don't mind if they are off, but when they just don't register at all 90% of the time, you might as well whore a tank or chopper.
aaronk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 aaronk12
YEA BUT HEA THAT GAME IS SICK ISNT IT. my favorite maps are karkand (1), Wake 2007 (2), Oman (3)
aaronk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aaronk12
wats yers?
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts

YEA BUT HEA THAT GAME IS SICK ISNT IT. my favorite maps are karkand (1), Wake 2007 (2), Oman (3)aaronk12

Same....

I love this game, and im addicted, any good mods out??

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

[QUOTE="aaronk12"]YEA BUT HEA THAT GAME IS SICK ISNT IT. my favorite maps are karkand (1), Wake 2007 (2), Oman (3)ferret837

Same....

project reality....get it now and if you like Teamwork and Realism...chances are you will never go back to the original game....I know I havent.

Vinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vinth
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Best maps. 1: Oman 2:Wake 3:hmm.. probably Karkand since it's the map i play when the other two isn't on a server with low ping.
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
Awesome game with amazing graphics
Swavo69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Swavo69420
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

I was highly addicted to it and played itjust about everyday for an entire year +...

Definately one of my favorite online multiplayer games, I've ever played(Up to 64 players on a map)...

I can't wait til Battlefield 3 next year...

2142 was alright but 2 is where it's at...

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I've spent over 300 hours on it and still play it. Favorite map is Wake Island despite my love-hate relationship with it.
portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts

Great game to have. Even today with so many other games comming out, its a very good buy. Few online FPS can beat this... and I only say few, thou i dont know any that actually feel better than this. Must buy.

FAvorite map is Gulf of Oman

Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret837"]

[QUOTE="aaronk12"]YEA BUT HEA THAT GAME IS SICK ISNT IT. my favorite maps are karkand (1), Wake 2007 (2), Oman (3)cobrax25

Same....

project reality....get it now and if you like Teamwork and Realism...chances are you will never go back to the original game....I know I havent.

Great mod, wish it had more players though. I'm not as in to that level of realism though, so I still prefer the original. Aiming works much better in PR though and I like that

Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts
BF2 just plain rocks. Great number of fun maps, balanced classes, great weapons, actual ironsights (as opposed to the friggin dots they give you in 2142) and infinite ways to get things done as a team and alone make it one of the best online shooters for years to come
Ziggy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Ziggy56
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
I play it about an hour or so every so often...would probably be my favorite game if it wasn't for the massive number of glitches and bugs.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="ferret837"]

[QUOTE="aaronk12"]YEA BUT HEA THAT GAME IS SICK ISNT IT. my favorite maps are karkand (1), Wake 2007 (2), Oman (3)AlternatingCaps

Same....

Great mod, wish it had more players though. I'm not as in to that level of realism though, so I still prefer the original. Aiming works much better in PR though and I like that

when did yo play? because now the mod has like 2-4 full almost 64 man servers at any time...one of which has an excellent ping for me.

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts
It's pretty awesome, especially with some of the mods they have out like Project Reality.
Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Raider762
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts
I despise the entire Battlefield series!!!!! I started with 1942 and it was ok but the aiming and shooting just sucked, it shouldn't take 10 shots with a bolt action rifle to hit somebody!!! I hoped that this would be fixed but EA just doesn't care they just want $$$ and don't give a rats behind if when you click on the left mouse button that you can't shoot s***. The Battlefield series is extremely overrated.I play Call of Duty because when I click the left mouse button I will be able to shoot something and kill it within one to five shots just like reality, where in BF*** what is the point.
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts

"it shouldn't take 10 shots with a bolt action rifle to hit somebody!!!" ---> Spoken like a true Ranger I suppose, well versed in the arts of war.

anyways the game rocks, it's realism leaves something to be desired of course, but if you're looking for that then play ARMA. IF you want action, death and destruction to your enemies, then BF2 is the way to go.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

BF2 is garbage. It sucks if you have to play 20+ hours to unlock crap just for it to be fun. And if you need to wait a few months for a mod to come out to justify the game, then that is just another sign the game sucks.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

BF2 is garbage. It sucks if you have to play 20+ hours to unlock crap just for it to be fun. And if you need to wait a few months for a mod to come out to justify the game, then that is just another sign the game sucks.

Bgrngod

And you can't play the game without those unlocks? I even prefer many of the default weapons like AK-101. First you call the things you unlock crap, but then you say that crap makes the game fun.

Some awesome mods are already out like Project Reality and Pirates 2.

It took a long time for BF1942 to get the best mods too, but it was really worth the wait. Forgotten Hope and Pirates are still my favourite mods.

marklar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 marklar123
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts
i used to love it until i took a break from it to play 2142 and then came back to it and realized all the exploiting going on. my number 1 beef with the game is the whole thing where people come running around corners and do a "roll". you will not win that fight. the hits don't register on the guy that's rolling, all the while, he's shooting you while rolling and you're dead. total BS. there's many other things i love and hate about the game, but the "roll" was the reason i gave it up.
Fach5at

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fach5at
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
great game enough said
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Yeah, it's definitely a great game, it's one of the few online multiplayer games I've really enjoyed :D

Anyone think BF2 will be dethroned, or forgotten, because of COD4 (definitely looking forward to this one)? I did, but I'm not so sure now. Infantry-only is very popular in BF2, but having the option to play with vehicles still allows BF2 to be unique. Fun game, and much better than 2142 IMO.

Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

IMO, its the best online game. Sure, it has a fair amount of bugs and glitches. But regardless of that, the game is damn fun. As I said before, the game is well balanced except for the jets. The stat tracking and the awards is also a nice thing.

If you are looking for realism, you are lookg at the wrong game. Almost anything is real here. But the game can offer a lot of fun

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

RK-Mara

And you can't play the game without those unlocks? I even prefer many of the default weapons like AK-101. First you call the things you unlock crap, but then you say that crap makes the game fun.

It took a long time for BF1942 to get the best mods too, but it was really worth the wait. Forgotten Hope and Pirates are still my favourite mods.

No, you can't play the game without those unlocks and expect to have fun. You will get owned left and right because the default weapons are junk. The unlocks are not crap, that was just a way of me to vent my frustration about the fact that they ARE unlocks and not the defaults. The unlocks are too overpowered. If I wanted to "level up" my characters I would be playing a lot more WoW, not a multiplayer FPS.

Mods already out? Really? The game came out in June 2005. That's over 2 years ago and now we have some good mods to warrant buying the game? Super. Too bad I already moved on.

BF1942 was fun the day it was released. The mods for it were just icing on the cake. I played a LOT of Dessert Combat myself, but I also played a ton of the original game, unmodded, and had a blast.

DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkRecruit
Member since 2005 • 3391 Posts
BF2 is probably THEE best online FPS game IMO. It's just damn fun for me. 250+ hours online.
DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DarkRecruit
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Bgrngod

No, you can't play the game without those unlocks and expect to have fun. You will get owned left and right because the default weapons are junk. The unlocks are not crap, that was just a way of me to vent my frustration about the fact that they ARE unlocks and not the defaults. The unlocks are too overpowered. If I wanted to "level up" my characters I would be playing a lot more WoW, not a multiplayer FPS.

Mods already out? Really? The game came out in June 2005. That's over 2 years ago and now we have some good mods to warrant buying the game? Super. Too bad I already moved on.

BF1942 was fun the day it was released. The mods for it were just icing on the cake. I played a LOT of Dessert Combat myself, but I also played a ton of the original game, unmodded, and had a blast.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. When you get 100 points you rank up. That's maybe 2 hours if you're new. When you get to rank 1 (private) you can pick ANY unlock. There's your unlock.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Bgrngod

Quality mods take time to make. Best mods for Source are still in production.

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Awesome game, graphics and gameplay
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

DarkRecruit

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. When you get 100 points you rank up. That's maybe 2 hours if you're new. When you get to rank 1 (private) you can pick ANY unlock. There's your unlock.

Yup, I know that. But getting a second unlock takes a lot longer. Having one kit unlocked is basically useless if you need to use a different class because the one you have is being used by everyone else. You will be stuck using that class for a long time until you get a second kit, or have the choice of going back to the default setups for the other classes, which means even more funless game time.

This game would have been 50x better had they just let all the kits be available from the get go. But instead EA decided to pander to all the E-peen gamers who can't handle it when a new player is on the same level as they are.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

Worst game I ever bought.

aaronk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aaronk12
ok... calm down. THE game BTW IS THE BEST!! FPS of all time in my opinion how can someone say that bf2 sux??????? its the best game ever by far although in my opinion bf2142 is not close to the originality and fun and challenge of bf2. although since i never have downloaded a mod then can you guys telll me if its that much better with a mod and wat do they do? 
DarkRecruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarkRecruit
[QUOTE="DarkRecruit"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="RK-Mara"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Bgrngod

Yup, I know that. But getting a second unlock takes a lot longer. Having one kit unlocked is basically useless if you need to use a different class because the one you have is being used by everyone else. You will be stuck using that class for a long time until you get a second kit, or have the choice of going back to the default setups for the other classes, which means even more funless game time.

This game would have been 50x better had they just let all the kits be available from the get go. But instead EA decided to pander to all the E-peen gamers who can't handle it when a new player is on the same level as they are.

No, getting the 2nd rank takes about a day or 2. And how is your kit useless if everyone is using it? Say you get a G3 from assualt, why would the gun be useless if other people are using it?

DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
Great game, just a bit old now...
Kenster1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kenster1025
This game is such a great game, if only you guys would take time in downloading the 1.41 patch and updating your punkbuster you would have a great game. I am a Sergant Major
Avatar image for bipedal_gorilla
bipedal_gorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bipedal_gorilla
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
I can't get into the Battlefield series in general, I have tried multiple times and I am a big fan of FPS, but I just can't seem to enjoy it.
Avatar image for danielsmith2020
danielsmith2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 danielsmith2020
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

Ahh battlefield 2 there are so many reasons to hate this game, the stupidly large patches that didn't solve the following problems, the crappy bullet detection, the stupidly inaccurate weapons, the complete dominance of air power, the mirror balancing, crappy AA defence, the stupidly short sprint time, the crappy mod support and so on.

However the game still manages to be stupidly fun, with the POE2 mod most of the problems above are fixed.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

in my opinion, this game is quite like WoW....you either love it to death or dismiss it as trash. i belong to the latter group.

the reason why i don't like the game is pretty subjective....to me, the whole idea of the game just doesn't sell. the inclusion of vehicles ( some of them vastly overpowering ) greatly decrease the level of realism. people complain about CoD having no gameplay at all; i in turn question the logic of a war game that allows every G.I of every classfly a jet and drive a tank. the entire gaming experience is just downright ridiculous. it also doesn't help that most players i've played with were a real pain in the arse.

overall, i think the Enemy Territory series are vastly better than the BF games. the gameplay is more refined and less over the top, which i think is crucial in creating a true objective-based online shooter.

jaredrichards3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jaredrichards3
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

i agree with one of the earlier comments, the hit boxes in the game are stupid , some days you can't hit a dam thing !!. i think the apc's and jets ruin the game. they are just way too powerful and usually cause mutany (teammates killing eachother for jets and apcs)

bf modern comabat fixed this by making tanks easy to kill with a couple of well placed rockets from the engineer. it's a shame modern combat never came to the pc coz it's one of the most balaced shooters out there. and a lot of fun to play

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Many of the reasons people don't like the game are the reasons why I prefer 2142 over 2. In bf2142, the hitboxes are more accurate and its actually possible to kill someone with a headshot. The tanks and apcs and the gunships are more balanced and won't win the game by themselves. Unlocks make it fun and are very easy to get (you can unlock a whole tree in just a couple of days if you play). BF2 is ok but after playing 2142, its hard for me to go back.
Avatar image for danielsmith2020
danielsmith2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 danielsmith2020
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

Many of the reasons people don't like the game are the reasons why I prefer 2142 over 2. In bf2142, the hitboxes are more accurate and its actually possible to kill someone with a headshot. The tanks and apcs and the gunships are more balanced and won't win the game by themselves. Unlocks make it fun and are very easy to get (you can unlock a whole tree in just a couple of days if you play). BF2 is ok but after playing 2142, its hard for me to go back.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

As I said when 2142 came out, EA made a decision that we will release a patch for bf2 and call it bf 2142 and get people to pay for it.

Mankyblobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mankyblobs
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

Bgrngod

Sounds like you got medic owned alot! you need reflexes, be able to think on your feet and have patience to do well in bf2. The glitches are nowhere near as bad as some make out. People dont shoot when they roll, theyve gone prone already and can start shooting again so it just looks like there rolling and shooting. Other annoyances and weird events are just your connection or the server being a bit overwhelmed and not registering actions properly. Unloading a magazine into people is a sure fire way to hit nothing and get picked off. The fact its hard to shoot well is a bonus, cos then you can learn the right technique and get much better than the averae joe. Or just play differently and engage at shorter ranges. BF2 is all about speed and whits, not plodding about, blundering around corners and getting shot for not being on the ball. You gotta remember that theres a huge core of players now who have 100's of hours of experience and are very competent, which makes it very hard for those who might be relatively new to it. Was best in the early days when everyone was a noob, then it was total and utter chaos most of the time, especially on 64 player karkand.

Fave maps for any stillwanting to know:

Karkand (train wreck, suburbs & warehouse see awesome scraps), Mashtur city, Oman, sharqui, dragon valley, Jalalabad.

Oman is good cos its the best example of all vehicles and kit types in action. Just need keep an eye out for the MEC bomber!

Mankyblobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mankyblobs
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
By the way 2142 is bf2 made slower and less intense, i.e. boring! Unlocking grenades? thats just cack, bf2 is good cos yo can play several different kits in one match.
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

Many of the reasons people don't like the game are the reasons why I prefer 2142 over 2. In bf2142, the hitboxes are more accurate and its actually possible to kill someone with a headshot. The tanks and apcs and the gunships are more balanced and won't win the game by themselves. Unlocks make it fun and are very easy to get (you can unlock a whole tree in just a couple of days if you play). BF2 is ok but after playing 2142, its hard for me to go back.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

I have to agree that the hitboxes in BF2 can be a pain in the arse... but it is completely possible to get a headshot and kill the target with any weapon (specially the L96)