Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Honestly, I've played BFBC2, BF3, and BF4. I don't think any of those games come close to BF1's polished gameplay, it's also fluid, and not to mention it's fun. The only issue I could say is that it crashes pretty often. It's worse if you have DX12 turned on, but turned off it lessens but still happens in the aftergame report where it sometimes crash before you could read anything. The crash bugs aside, it's still the most fun BF game to date.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kjranu

Oh, I probably should also say that I'm somewhat biased since I'm a huge fan of historical settings especially WW1 which is so undercovered. I love Paradox's grand strategy games precisely for this reason.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I think BF1 is great game, but I don't think it's better than BF4 - BF4 still remains legend to me.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kjranu

@PredatorRules said:

I think BF1 is great game, but I don't think it's better than BF4 - BF4 still remains legend to me.

BF4 was nice in how it progressed in graphics, but the gameplay was not too fun personally. I can't quite describe it, but it was just not fun. The big maps felt too big maybe, and it was just flat, so snipers liked those maps.

Shooting mechanics was also pretty awful until they patched it a year later.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17790 Posts

I will always have the fondest memories of BF1942, but BF2 is the most in depth and best game in the series.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Kjranu said:

Honestly, I've played BFBC2, BF3, and BF4. I don't think any of those games come close to BF1's polished gameplay, it's also fluid, and not to mention it's fun. The only issue I could say is that it crashes pretty often. It's worse if you have DX12 turned on, but turned off it lessens but still happens in the aftergame report where it sometimes crash before you could read anything. The crash bugs aside, it's still the most fun BF game to date.

For gameplay BF1 is great, for progression/unlock not so much.

Also for some reason I liked the BF4 maps better because of verticality.

Still two awesome titles though.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

@FelipeInside: BF1 looks really fun, and I never even played a BF game other than 3's single player years ago. And verticallity is something that is not done nearly enough in games. Love it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@FelipeInside: BF1 looks really fun, and I never even played a BF game other than 3's single player years ago. And verticallity is something that is not done nearly enough in games. Love it.

Battlefield's Single Player campaigns are awful. You should really get into the MP, it's where it shines.

I recommend both BF1 (for old warfare) and BF4 (for modern warfare)

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Nope. Verdun is the best Battlefield.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

@FelipeInside: yeah the single player sucked. If I do play them e, I'd rather play it for fun, and not with a bunch of people who to the way too seriously. I found. the ruins the experience for me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@FelipeInside: yeah the single player sucked. If I do play them e, I'd rather play it for fun, and not with a bunch of people who to the way too seriously. I found. the ruins the experience for me.

I play lots of shooters online and they don't ruin the experience.

In BF1 you can mute everyone and even turn off the chat.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#12 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

I would say BF2 took the cake ages ago. I'm sure BF1 is a great game though.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 couly
Member since 2004 • 6276 Posts

This is the first Battlefield that actually had a decent single player component. But I agree it's my favorite battlefield. I do get crashes still and they seem to get worse as the patches come out.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58257 Posts

Im going to be completely honest:

I have not touched BF1 since it came out. I don't know if it's the plethora of other games (WoW: Legion, Civ VI, Dishonored 2, etc) coming out, or what...but for some reason there's just nothing pulling me back to that game.

It's weird because I really enjoy it.

Hell I think I might have even played more No Man's Sky (Foundation Patch) at this point than I have BF1 lol

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Battlefield 1 is the most fun I've had with a Battlefield game I've played since BF2. Or at least tied with Bad Company 2. I think I enjoyed BF2 so much because of how big the game felt. For example, a fun strategy for me on Conquest was to hide on the enemies aircraft carrier (which was basically their spawn). I could sabotage vehicles and their team from within their own base. It was spawn killing, but not done in a way that was cheap. I appreciated the weapon variety and class variety.

Also, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, BF2 Wake Island, Kubra Dam - I have such great memories at these maps.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#16 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I've been having more fun with the game than I expected based on the Beta, but the community is trash. Teamwork is a rarity and matches feel too anarchic, which has been my primary problem with Battlefield since BF3. Matches tend to be incredibly one-sided. They still managed to fill the game with bullshit even though it seemed like going back to the WW 1 setting would reduce this. The melee system is ridiculous, sentries have no place in a game like this and the weapon balance is still pretty poor.

But, I still find myself going back to it. There is depth to the gunplay, it looks great, and it has some of the best maps Dice have made in a long time. The destruction is really impressive. I also quite like Operations mode, but the multi-map format they force you to play it in is incredibly stupid because you see some maps way more than others, and the operation that starts on Monte Grappe is broken because there is one point that is pretty much impossible for the attackers to take. Still, a good mode that for me saves the game from being a disappointment.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

For gameplay BF1 is great, for progression/unlock not so much.

Completely agree about that! I think the progression and weapon unlock in BF4 was done perfectly. Having them unlock sequentially made sure we had a reason to try everything, and kinda refreshed the gameplay and play style constantly as we progressed down the list on each class. Getting battlepacks consistently was also a nice thing.
On BF1 however, I feel like I have no clue what to unlock next.. I could end up spending my points on a horrible one and waste them, or get a really good one and not have any incentive to unlock anything else. I don't feel like there's any progression happening tbh. And the random battlepacks are a terrible idea.

I'm enjoying the gameplay itself a lot so far, but the progression system is a big disappointment. :/

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34547 Posts

Yeah I can see why you'd think that, since you haven't played the best ones.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kjranu

@roleplaygaming: I think it is!

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kjranu

@harry_james_pot: New progression system does seem convoluted, I'll give you that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

First thing i noticed too in BF1 was indeed how smooth it felt. Feels much better to play than BF4.

That said, i don't think it's enough to make it the best in the series. I miss Titan Mode from BF2142 (better than Conquest and Rush combined, which they keep beating to death with every new title) and i miss the Commander gameplay from that era. Gameplay-wise Dice hasn't been able to top BF2142 imo, but Frostbite engine sure makes the action smoother. Carrier Assault in Naval Strike was a quick fix, but it's still nowhere near as good as Titan Mode. Need dem escape pods too!

I've almost lost all hope for a BF2142 sequel with Frostbite engine...

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Great game. Gameplay and graphics are great

What irks me is

-Some maps have issues

-slightly issue with balance

-unlocking and leveling

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Certainly "feels" like the best game they have done. There are some real terrible bugs though (which I believe are linked to Dual GPU setups) which I feel personally are totally unacceptable but by the looks of it Dual GPU support is basically on its way out which seems crazy but there we go...

I don't see the point of having to click on "battlepacks" I mean should I have to click on something to be given a slideshow of opening a crate for something I can opt to sell for a small amount of money or randomly slightly more money. Why not just say "Wooo you unlocked some stuff go see in a well presented easily navigated menu system and if you want you can sell it for other unlocks..".

The Customisation of classes seems overly clunky.

It comes across very much like they focused on getting the game to be great on a single GPU system and for it to feel good. The polish of the rest of the game was left out and and such there is a lot of annoying problems (I find personally anyway) which probably will not be resolved.

Great gameplay, great maps, plays great just alot of Bugs.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Game is great, I'm already having more fun than I ever did in my 100 hours of BF4, that game was trash and I dont know how I endure it for so long

Sniping feels satisfying again, not in the same level as BF3, but a clear improvement from BF4.