Bass settings in Windows 8?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beez_wax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 beez_wax
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know if there's a sound setting where you can control the bass level from Windows 8? I've looked through most of the sound options and can't seem to find anything. I just bought a new set of speakers and the subwoofer doesn't have a physical knob or anything, which can get annoying because it seems to be WAY overshooting what is necessary.
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

I can see an option for bass boost, but strangely there doesn't appear to be any option to reduce bass. The best thing you could do is just use the EQ or any preset setting that are available in the different audio players you use. It might be difficult if you play games, but for movies and music there will be options in the player.

I haven't really noticed a EQ type interface for windows before, it was usually the software that came with the sound card that gave the options.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

What sound card do you have?

It might have EQ settings in its control panel.

beez_wax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 beez_wax

kraken2109
Right now I'm still using the motherboard's onboard sound. Is there any good program you guys know of that might contain settings that would be equivalent to what comes packaged with sound cards?
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kraken2109
[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

beez_wax
Right now I'm still using the motherboard's onboard sound. Is there any good program you guys know of that might contain settings that would be equivalent to what comes packaged with sound cards?

I'm not sure, but you could always buy a cheap sound card.
beez_wax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 beez_wax
I think I might just do that. Any recommendations? I have zero experience with sound cards, I've always just used the onboard.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kraken2109
I think I might just do that. Any recommendations? I have zero experience with sound cards, I've always just used the onboard.beez_wax
Well it really depends what you're after. If you want something cheap that offers EQ and good headphone performance then the Asus Xonar DG is a popular choice for around £25/$30. As you go up in price you get many improvements and features, so it really depends what you want.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kraken2109
[QUOTE="oddy1113"]You can make Windows 8 easier to use more consistent and more efficient by synchronizing your settings customizations and data between multiple devices . pearl district penthouses

obvious bot is obvious