bad rated games not always bad "for real"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

al-fatahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 al-fatahy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
have u ever found that rating in gamespot went to a missjudge? .. for example., the game that u like, is having a low rate from gamespot...share with me..
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
Thats the problem with opinions... everyone has their own. No review can be 100% spot on for 100% of people, different people like different things. Also, no matter how much a reviewer tries to be impartial - their own biases/opinions tend to surface when they look at what they are reviewing. Someone who doesn't like long cut scenes will most likely mark down a game with many of them because of their taste (etc etc).
al-fatahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 al-fatahy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="carlosjuero"]Thats the problem with opinions... everyone has their own. No review can be 100% spot on for 100% of people, different people like different things. Also, no matter how much a reviewer tries to be impartial - their own biases/opinions tend to surface when they look at what they are reviewing. Someone who doesn't like long cut scenes will most likely mark down a game with many of them because of their taste (etc etc).

but sometimes theres a game that rated 8, but somebody rated it 1, or else..range was very long. whos wrong (low in taste).. hehe
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

I gave Infernal an 8.5 where Gamespot gave it a 5 or 5.5. I am usually within a point or so I find.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I believe Darkest of Days got a pretty low score on here.. and I loved the game. Really cool and fun to play through. I think I gave it an 8.0 or something.

brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

Postal. That game was so hillarious and quite fun. Deserves an 8.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

The first one? That was an amazing game.. some of the levels were so dark and moody, and the multiplayer was an absolute blast.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I often disagree with Gamespot's review scores. Some games they've rated quite high, I've rated lower. Other games they've rated quite low, I've rated higher.

As other's have said, it's all down to personal preferences and opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Gamespot scores are inaccurate as time goes on.. Games can radically change from patches and mods... Something gamespot usually never takes into question.