Bad Company 2 Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts
So I bought Bad Company 2. Upon finishing the campaign (not as epic as Modern Warfare 2's was but the story made more sense :P), I clicked on 'multiplayer play now' and chose, as my game preference 'all game modes' and 'all maps'. However, the result was 'we could not find any games'. So I chose again, this time specifically, for 'conquest mode' and on 'nelson's bay'. Same result. Frustrated, I went onto the server bowser, and it spent twenty minutes failing to locate one single server. I have had PunkBuster downloaded and my internet connection is good. Is this some kind of glitch and if so...are there any ways to fix it? Many thanks :)
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Patch up. That is the only thing I can think of.

Rec-neps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rec-neps
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts

Kinda sounds like you need to Patch. Also when using the server browser it is much faster to hit search, count to 5 and hit cancel as you dont have to wait for the full list to load and waiting those 5 seconds should net you plenty of servers to choose from.

starkiller96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 starkiller96
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts

I kind of have this problem, what works for me is that I cancel the full refresh after about 30 secs and all the servers are there, its wierd but it workd for me-good luck!

RareMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RareMonkey
Member since 2010 • 207 Posts

Bad Company 2 for PC autopatches even without steam, but yea the server browser can be a bit temperamental - generally the more filters you put on (specific map, not full, not empty, no pw etc) the faster it will find results.

DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 DabsTight703
Member since 2008 • 1966 Posts
One of the patches increased the performance of the browser for me. It used to take me 4 minutes, now it only takes about 1.5 which is still stupidly long. I still enjoy the game enough to play it from time to time. I've currently rank 7 and I've had it since release.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

One of the patches increased the performance of the browser for me. It used to take me 4 minutes, now it only takes about 1.5 which is still stupidly long. I still enjoy the game enough to play it from time to time. I've currently rank 7 and I've had it since release.DabsTight703

1.5 mins!? At most the server browser only takes 10 secs to load. Make sure you have all the options checked, it would be stupid to have it searching for full and empty servers.

denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
Never use the Play Now function it's terrible. Half the time it won't find a game, and then when it does, the game will be full. Server Browser is your friend.
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

I had this problem as well. If you bought it off the EA store, go into the folder where you saved all of your BC2 data. Then just find the updater, update the game, and the problem should be solved hopefully.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Cancel the search after a few moments and you should have enough available servers.
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

I had this problem as well. If you bought it off the EA store, go into the folder where you saved all of your BC2 data. Then just find the updater, update the game, and the problem should be solved hopefully.

2good2betrue

This is the solution ^^^

Bros89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bros89
Member since 2004 • 624 Posts

Yup had the same problem, also after buying from the EAdm

Then I realized the game didn't patched at all, so i was looking for an autopatcher and found it in the games directory.

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
I get that a lot as well. If play now doesn't work go to server browser and refresh the page.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

yeah it neds to be fully updated for that but if you just view server browser it still responds normally