Bad Bios flash on a Biostar TF8200.... Need advice/HELP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flat_Line_____

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Flat_Line_____
Member since 2004 • 1450 Posts
TF8200 AM2/AM2+
Phenom II x4 940 BE
GTX 260 896mb
4Gb G-skill (PC6200) 800

Everything went ok up until I had to flash the Bios of course....
I downloaded this .BST file to a USB flash drive (which is the same file I used for the Bios update)
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/bios.php?S_ID=353

Got into the Bios on first startup, I go to the utility within the Bios and I start the proccess. It says "Progamming!!" for like 10 mins and nothing happens there is a big rectangular white block on the screen (I'm assuming it is the status indicator) that never turned to green or any other color.

I tried to use the keyboard and there was no response, SO.... I restarted the system. I know, bad move, (I'm pretty sure it was frozen up anyways..) Unless it takes longer than 10 mins to flash. Anyways, I restart and of course I get nothing. Not even a signal to my monitor. Now the status Led that says memory will flash 2 times on startup then maybe 10-20sec later, it will flash 2 more times. I was getting 2 beeps with it as well but not now. ( I think that is a problem with my case, heard it was a cheap speaker...)

I tried the whole CTR+HOME key combination on startup to try the recovery for bootblock or whatever it is called but I can't tell if it is even doing anything or if I am even doing it the right way...... GOD I hope there is a answer.

Thanks for any replies in advance. (Oh and if I left anything out just ask.)
chadw_genx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 chadw_genx
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

Bios Man.com

I'm sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse than a halfway programmed BIOS chip. Buy a replacement BIOS chip, it's cheaper than buying a new board. As far as any other fixes, I'm sorry, but I don't believe there are any.

beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 beefdog
Member since 2004 • 9185 Posts
Since you just got this board, call up newegg and tell them that the board dident work when you got it. They'll probably send you a ups label to send it back and they'll send a new one. Not sure about newegg...but thats the way amazon and tiger handles things.
Flat_Line_____

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flat_Line_____

Since you just got this board, call up newegg and tell them that the board dident work when you got it. They'll probably send you a ups label to send it back and they'll send a new one. Not sure about newegg...but thats the way amazon and tiger handles things.beefdog
That is exactly what I'm gonna do lol. Hey, do you know if this board will actually work with the Phenom 2 940 BE 140w?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135085

I have it here in the house. It was the board that I first ordered but read that it didn't support the 140w versions. By the time I found that out it was already being shipped, So I ordered the TF8200. But it says right on the box that it supports AMD Phenom quad processors. If nothing else maybe there is a bios update to fully support it, (Althought I dread the thought of doing this crap again...) I could at least use it till I get the replacement in the mail.

beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beefdog
Actually the 940 is 125w :P but thats for another time. I wouldent touch a ecs motherboard with a 30 ft pole. Even a micro atx asus board would be a better option.
Flat_Line_____

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flat_Line_____

Oh my bad lol, Yeah, besides what I read about the voltage I had heard they were crap boards as well. BUT I'll use it till I get the other one if it will work. =)

EDIT: Why does it say this under the board name then? (For the Biostar TF8200) Says 140w Phenoms, Is that for the older ones or the newer ones getting ready to come out maybe? I dunno...

beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 beefdog
It looks like it only supports 95w cpu's. Here's the cpu support list.
Flat_Line_____

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flat_Line_____
That's messed up.... They really need to fix that. Will cause alot of people unneeded problems.