ATI drivers have stopped responding?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

This is strange. Today I've had issues with my computer temporarily locking while gaming and I get a message stating that "ATI drivers have stopped responding and have successfully recovered" after the game I was playing closes. So far I've really only played Crysis, but it as happened while I was watching a video. I've never had this issue before and curiously I just downloaded a Windows 7 update last night. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Has anybody else had any issues?

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Are you using the latest drivers and patches for the games?
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Yes, I've never ran into this issue before today.

Tim_Millington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Tim_Millington
Member since 2007 • 1615 Posts

I cant say ive noticed any errors appearing, maybe a corrupt driver. Try and reinstall.

costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 costyssj4
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts

This is strange. Today I've had issues with my computer temporarily locking while gaming and I get a message stating that "ATI drivers have stopped responding and have successfully recovered" after the game I was playing closes. So far I've really only played Crysis, but it as happened while I was watching a video. I've never had this issue before and curiously I just downloaded a Windows 7 update last night. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Has anybody else had any issues?

caseystryker
Had it, i even swapped 3 gpus and still had it, it seems one of my ram sticks failed, pretty confusing since it gave the display driver error. Check your ram and see if it helps.