ATI card and drivers crashed my PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

i posted up 2 post already about the new 5770 i got a few days back for my new build. well i said that the card was making my system to crash and pop a blue screen saying that windows was shut down to pervent any damage to the system and i couldnt reboot and load up win7 again.

well i took out my 5770 and out in my old 8600GT it loaded windows up and i was able to use my PC again. still having teh ATI drivers and control program on the PC.

and still my PC was crashing i was able to run the windows boot repair.

but then when i loaded windows again i uninstall all ATI drivers from my PC and install the 8600GT drivers.

ever since my PC is working fine no problem.

so my conclusion is the newest ATI driver and teh card was carshing my system. does anyone know why? or is there a problem with the new ATI drivers for teh 5770?

unless my PC dont like ATI cards :P

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="acsam12304"]

i posted up 2 post already about the new 5770 i got a few days back for my new build. well i said that the card was making my system to crash and pop a blue screen saying that windows was shut down to pervent any damage to the system and i couldnt reboot and load up win7 again.

well i took out my 5770 and out in my old 8600GT it loaded windows up and i was able to use my PC again. still having teh ATI drivers and control program on the PC.

but then when i loaded windows again i uninstall all ATI drivers from my PC and install the 8600GT drivers.

so my conclusion is the newest ATI driver and teh card was carshing my system. does anyone know why? or is there a problem with the new ATI drivers for teh 5770?

Can you name the Catalyst version?
smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts

unless my PC dont like ATI cards :Pacsam12304
maybe it was just the specific card you had?
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 acsam12304

Can you name the Catalyst version?

i wish i can but i just uninstalled it. its teh very latest one u can find on there web site.

P

maybe it was just the specific card you had?

what u mean i was unlucky with the 5770 i got? if so i ran my PC with the 8600GT and it still had the ATI drivers and still my PC crashed. the second i managed to uninstall the ATI drivers and get the Nividia drivers in my PC is working ok

smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts
[QUOTE="smc91352"]maybe it was just the specific card you had?acsam12304
what u mean i was unlucky with the 5770 i got? if so i ran my PC with the 8600GT and it still had the ATI drivers and still my PC crashed. the second i managed to uninstall the ATI drivers and get the Nividia drivers in my PC is working ok

:lol: yeah; you're not supposed to run an nVidia card with Catalyst.
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 acsam12304

[QUOTE="acsam12304"][QUOTE="smc91352"]maybe it was just the specific card you had?smc91352

:lol: yeah; you're not supposed to run an nVidia card with Catalyst.

well i knwo it was eitehr the driver the ATI card or both was crashing my PC

costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 costyssj4
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts

acsam12304
I had that problem before, not just with ATI, it might be your ram, try checking a stick at a time and see if it crashes.
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 acsam12304

[QUOTE="acsam12304"]

costyssj4

I had that problem before, not just with ATI, it might be your ram, try checking a stick at a time and see if it crashes.

yeah someone told me that on my other post. i downloaded the thing he told me to use but it stoped half way and didnt say it found and errors.