This topic is locked from further discussion.

geraldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 geraldus
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts

Hi everyone.

I am OC my Athlon 64 3500+ and i just put some A5 on. I dit exactly what the developer said,  put just a little of greeze (like 1 1/2 of rice), but i didn´t notice any drop of temps. I read that it takes about 200 hours to function proprerly, is that true?? If it is, do i have to turn off the computer sometimes or can i just let it on? Please, those who knows about this greeze post here!!

Thanks

therealFrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 therealFrek
Member since 2003 • 705 Posts
It does take awhile for it to cure properly. You most likely won't notice any huge difference in temps though.

Keep in mind that this stuff is meant to be filling in microscopic holes on your HSF. If you put too much it will end up acting like an insulator.

Personally this is what I do with AS5. I dab a little onto the bottom of the heat sink, then I rub it into the HS using a cloth in circular patterns. Then I wipe off as much as I can. What this does is fills in those microscopic holes. Then I put as thin a layer as I can possibly attain on top of the CPU (and by thin I mean it's as thin a layer as you can possibly have, I find using an old credit card works really well to do this). Use a q-tip and clean up any AS5 that spills over the top of the cpu while you are scraping it down.

Also never touch the top of your CPU or the bottom of the heatsink. Oil from a fingerprint will act as an insulator.
SSJBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 SSJBen
Member since 2003 • 7071 Posts
It doesn't take 200 hours. Just leave your computer on for a day or two without turning it off. You'll probably notice a drop in temp, but don't expect anything crazy like 10C drop or so. Something around the 2-3C mark is all you will get.