Armed Assault another crap pc game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fidaii
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
When developers gonna wake up and see that we in 2007 already to stop throw to us crap games with 5 years old engines. The only thing good in this game was the sound, yet another game i waste my money on :(. LOL and they blame gamespot for giving low reviews.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
First of all: the game is amazing. Very good campaign and incredible MP second: the game looks great. Much better than BF2( the closest game to it's scale), it might not compare detail-wise to say...Vegas, but considering it's incredible scale the detail level is definitly very impressive
MegaWang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MegaWang
Member since 2006 • 287 Posts

I agree with the other guy, it is an awesome game and you are just a wannabe gamer whos know **** all about that kind of stuff

fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fidaii

What about the weapons,character handling and the fully bugged 3d person view. Lets just wait for review.

Megawang,lets agree with you am a wannabe gamer, now u tell me pro gamer what u think about this game ? What u found awesome in it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
Member since 2005 • 1735 Posts
i have only played the demo...well, i say played, i mean get it to thhe m ain menu and watch it crash time after time....as long as the game isnt as buggy asd the demo seemd to be, id say it looks like quite a nice game...but what would i know, the only thing i got from it was the ability to weatch it die on me...yay
gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts
i got the game, so dont flame me about uve only played the demo since i havent. the game itself i think is total crap.
multyplayer is pretty much dead and u die from a bullet hitting a car a yard away from you within 20 seconds of the game, then you have to wait for 60 minutes to get back in the game. shame it wasnt more like BF2 where u respawned, not as a stupid seagel. the controls are HORRIBLE all in all a waste of money id stay clear if anyone is thinking about it.
AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts
If people spend hard earned money on this game they will buy anything.
Maverick806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Maverick806
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
This game is ment as more of a sim, and not some pathetic arcade game. There are alot of controls, you dont like em, remap em. As for 3rd person, its a sim stick with 1st person :P
Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#9 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts
If people spend hard earned money on this game they will buy anything.AngelB1ack

Including Barbie games!

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AngelB1ack

Alkpaz,

/sarcasm eludes you..

mikmetal2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mikmetal2002
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
this game the graphics upgraded but the other stuffs are same as flashpoint
C0nscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 C0nscript
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
This is a really great combat sim. Offcours you will hate it if you expect something like Ut2k4. Allthough it is quite heavy on your system.
happy2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 happy2012
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
I liked the game ok (demo) but there isn't a large number of people playing online and the contorls are not the best. Also the time it comes out on the US market there is going to be alot better FPS. 
biosc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 biosc1
Member since 2003 • 1144 Posts
i got the game, so dont flame me about uve only played the demo since i havent. the game itself i think is total crap.
multyplayer is pretty much dead and u die from a bullet hitting a car a yard away from you within 20 seconds of the game, then you have to wait for 60 minutes to get back in the game. shame it wasnt more like BF2 where u respawned, not as a stupid seagel. the controls are HORRIBLE all in all a waste of money id stay clear if anyone is thinking about it.
gamerchris810

You, sir, win the hyperbole award!

As for the game, it's gotten pretty good reviews in Europe so far, so it can't be that bad. If you liked Operation Flashpoint, I'm pretty sure you would like this game. Of course, I don't have it yet, but I've been following it a little

-XXVII-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -XXVII-
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
I like it in terms of what it can be with much needed patching... Im big into simulation gameplay so i tolerate the inperfections... On a related note, anyone hear about Atari publishing ArmA? http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166487.html?tag=latestnews;title;3
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
Demo is crap, full game is amazing. i really love it to bits... looks great, great map editorial and i have tons of fun playing our missions we've created over LAN with my bro
fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fidaii

Demo is crap, full game is amazing. i really love it to bits... looks great, great map editorial and i have tons of fun playing our missions we've created over LAN with my broGenTom

Indeed its great if its realsed in 2004 not 2007.

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AngelB1ack
Lol thats so true fidaii!
ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
i agree man, it was by far the crappiest game ive played for this time and age. it was so horrible and looked so bad and ran so bad, not to mention boring and did i say bad?
adamownsyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 adamownsyou
Member since 2005 • 987 Posts
People need to learn the difference between a game they don't like, and a genuinely bad game.

I find it amusing that the people who bash the game can't even do so coheerntly.

The only bad thing about the game is the performance.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
Its a game people either like or dont like, its a military simulator. Personally, I love it.
fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fidaii

Its a game people either like or dont like, its a military simulator. Personally, I love it.cobrax25

U didnt get my point, i do like the style of the game i do like most of military games,but what i dont like that games already jumped over to a new gen and developers trying to take us back in every crap game they do like this 1.For 2 month i see everywhere on forums "Armed assault gonna be awesome" Armed Assault gonna give new meaning to military game" here it is a crapy graphics with crapy handling.For ex go play Graw/GRAW2 or splintercell DA or gears of war on 360 then jump in back to Armed Assault and so what am talking about.

Ravanger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ravanger1
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

best game ive played this year, dont know what your problem is. the graphics look like oblivion quality graphics so stfu and go play bf2 kid

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerchris810"]i got the game, so dont flame me about uve only played the demo since i havent. the game itself i think is total crap.
biosc1

You, sir, win the hyperbole award!

As for the game, it's gotten pretty good reviews in Europe so far, so it can't be that bad. If you liked Operation Flashpoint, I'm pretty sure you would like this game. Of course, I don't have it yet, but I've been following it a little

Exactly!  This isnt an "arcade" shooter like BF2 or Halflife 2 or FEAR, or any other unrealistic FPS...they serve their purposes extremely well, but for the small crowd who likes realistic shooters and war Simulators, ArmA will be just right for them.  OpFlashpoint sure was for me, and this is the spiritual successor.

For those who feel they wasted their money, maybe you should have researched the game a little more.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cobrax25

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]Its a game people either like or dont like, its a military simulator. Personally, I love it.fidaii

U didnt get my point, i do like the style of the game i do like most of military games,but what i dont like that games already jumped over to a new gen and developers trying to take us back in every crap game they do like this 1.For 2 month i see everywhere on forums "Armed assault gonna be awesome" Armed Assault gonna give new meaning to military game" here it is a crapy graphics with crapy handling.For ex go play Graw/GRAW2 or splintercell DA or gears of war on 360 then jump in back to Armed Assault and so what am talking about.

no, you dont understand.....this game is a sequel, and like the original its not designed to be anything like Graw/Graw 2 or any other game. It appeals to people who like realistic combat, which is what this game excels at. There is really no other military game comparable to this, other then maybe Red Orchestra....which is realistic, but plays differently. Its designed to be like this.....Thats what Fans of the original (which many people are...) want....
sirpopsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sirpopsalot
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

best game ive played this year, dont know what your problem is. the graphics look like oblivion quality graphics so stfu and go play bf2 kid

Ravanger1

You forgot the  /sarcasm.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]Its a game people either like or dont like, its a military simulator. Personally, I love it.fidaii

as the other guy mentioned before me, those games you listed aren't exactly realistic. armed assault and its predecessor operation flashpoint are meant to be hardcore sims.. like a PC flight sim vs. the ace combat series. GRAW on the 360 in particular.. you're basically a one-man army, i mean dang. ditto for gears. both awesome games, but realism is definitely not in the cards. in opflash/armed assault that doesn't work, because one nice little enemy is going to get one lucky (or luck didn't even factor in) shot on you, and you're done. so it takes patience.. lots of it.
fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fidaii
AmericasArmy made by the Army it self to be bring people as most close to army life,has better graphics,sound and most of all its free.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cobrax25
AmericasArmy made by the Army it self to be bring people as most close to army life,has better graphics,sound and most of all its free.fidaii
Americas Army is nowhere near as realistic as Armed Assault... oh ARMA is a modified version of VBS2, which is used to train several armies...
PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts
[QUOTE="fidaii"]AmericasArmy made by the Army it self to be bring people as most close to army life,has better graphics,sound and most of all its free.cobrax25
Americas Army is nowhere near as realistic as Armed Assault... oh ARMA is a modified version of VBS2, which is used to train several armies...

But it's more polished, has more players, more satisfying firefights, better optimization (some what, my 7900 GT KO still for some reason chokes on 1680x1050), lack of the completely stupid and bugged "full body awareness", (Umm... my M4 is smaller than my arms, WTF?) less cheesy, and has better physics.

Not only that, but OFP is one of the most over-rated military FPSs ever known. Hell, OGR is better than it, and I HATE OGR.
fidaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fidaii

[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="fidaii"]AmericasArmy made by the Army it self to be bring people as most close to army life,has better graphics,sound and most of all its free.PunishedOne

But it's more polished, has more players, more satisfying firefights, better optimization (some what, my 7900 GT KO still for some reason chokes on 1680x1050), lack of the completely stupid and bugged "full body awareness", (Umm... my M4 is smaller than my arms, WTF?) less cheesy, and has better physics.

Not only that, but OFP is one of the most over-rated military FPSs ever known. Hell, OGR is better than it, and I HATE OGR.

Punished, did your squad members pissed u to hell to think smahing your pc would best thing to do ?

I ordered them to take cover and they took cover giving their back to the enemy side,or going into prone leaving me fighting alone( if they reach the postion i order them to go)

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="fidaii"]AmericasArmy made by the Army it self to be bring people as most close to army life,has better graphics,sound and most of all its free.PunishedOne

see, that was all in the original OPF....that didnt stop it from being a best seller.... seriously, its a realistic game, if you dont like realistic games, then dont even bother playing it.
Ravanger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ravanger1
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

this game has better graphics than oblivion enough said, oh and btw americas army is trash compared to this game