This topic is locked from further discussion.

monctezuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 monctezuma
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a new RTS game. I miss playing Age of Empire, War Craft, Star Craft, Cossaks, etc.

They don't make any like those now our days ? Or maybe i'm just not aware of any new games and feel like RTS genre game are a thing of the past :(

Please help me. If you know a good RTS game coming soon or that was released in the last month, please tell me ! Thx.

SWATStetchkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SWATStetchkov
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I think Civilization 5 might be what your looking for, although it costs money. And also, it is like where you build you civilization. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Also, if you like Star Wars, there are two older ones. Star Wars Rebellion/ Supremacy [in UK] and Star Wars Empire at War. Empire at War has better graphics, but Rebellion has way better mechanics, RTS elements etc.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Civ 5's turned based, sounds like he wants fast paced strategy. I don't know of any good recent RTS' to be honest. Only one I know of is SCII, but you've obviously played that. I'd love to play another RTS with real personality and addictive simplicity like AoE, AoM, RoN & C&C. Maybe there's one in development I don't know of, but it seems like the genre's gone cold turkey which is a shame.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I would really like to see more RTS games come out, but there are only some in development. The biggest hope is Planetary Annihilation. It was really sad to see the new Command and Conquer get scrapped.

I can't believe how often I see people talk about how Civ5 is a RTS game. Apparantly, RTS is so uncommon nowadays, people have forgotten what the genre even is.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Oh hell no, RTS games are not dead!

One more game to add to the ones already listed, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is a phenomenal game.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@monctezuma said:

Are RTS dead?

*logs in to take a quick look at Starcraft 2 on battlenet*

Hahahaha...... no.

Anyway, TC, couldn't help but notice you mentioned Starcraft in your post, but nothing about SC2. Have you got SC2 yet?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

not even close

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Dead? nope. RTS genre might have taken a short break.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Dunno, We can officaly say that RTS genre is dead, there is no AAA budget RTS game in developing , Generals 2 (C&C) canceled, End of Nations is a crapy MOBA now, only SC2 is kinda alive, but thats all. I didnt saw on Kickstarter RTS for a while.

Spoonoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonoop
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

Im still playing Company of Heroes 2 and enjoying it despite all the people that complain about imbalance and blah blah. There is also Stronghold Crusader 2 to look forward to.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@monctezuma said:

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a new RTS game. I miss playing Age of Empire, War Craft, Star Craft, Cossaks, etc.

They don't make any like those now our days ? Or maybe i'm just not aware of any new games and feel like RTS genre game are a thing of the past :(

Please help me. If you know a good RTS game coming soon or that was released in the last month, please tell me ! Thx.

RTS is not dead, Starcraft is still out there and rome 2 has just been released.

Its just a small market so not a lot of houses do them anymore.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@SWATStetchkov said:

I think Civilization 5 might be what your looking for, although it costs money. And also, it is like where you build you civilization. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Also, if you like Star Wars, there are two older ones. Star Wars Rebellion/ Supremacy [in UK] and Star Wars Empire at War. Empire at War has better graphics, but Rebellion has way better mechanics, RTS elements etc.

Civ 5 is not a RTS but a TBS game, so thats not what he is asking about.

AssassinFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 AssassinFury
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

I love the original company of heroes games, I am thinking about getting Company of Heroes 2

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

It's funny that TBS is doing so well lately. Civ5, XCOM, Shadowrun Returns, Xenonauts, Bionic Dues, Endless Space are games just off the top of my head. There are many more. TBS is blowing up, while RTS is almost dead.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@Falconoffury said:

It's funny that TBS is doing so well lately. Civ5, XCOM, Shadowrun Returns, Xenonauts, Bionic Dues, Endless Space are games just off the top of my head. There are many more. TBS is blowing up, while RTS is almost dead.

Oh yeah i agree with you there, the actual RTS genre is kinda dead.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@monctezuma said:

Are RTS dead?

*logs in to take a quick look at Starcraft 2 on battlenet*

Hahahaha...... no.

Anyway, TC, couldn't help but notice you mentioned Starcraft in your post, but nothing about SC2. Have you got SC2 yet?

That doesn't prove anything. For a genre to be alive and well you need more than a single game in that genre to be thriving.

It's a sad fact - less and less quality RTS's are being released these days. Developers are more interested in brain dead action games because that's where the money is.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Planetary Annihilation, but I just don't like the art direction, the units look like small toys, not massive killing machines. I'd love a new SupCom game similar to the original/expansion with updated graphics and an engine that can actually take advantage of modern PC hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

keep an eye on Planetary Annihilation. the gameplay mechanics look so good.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

why are you people calling Civilization an rts? its the furthest you can get from rts. it stands for Real time strategy.

civilzation is turn based and always has been.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

RTS games died after Company of Heroes sadly....

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Dead as total dead no, but the genre itself doesn't reproduce lots of games compared to action rpg titles nowdays.

gullfounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 gullfounder
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Search for the Game called "Planetary Annihilation" on steam. it looks amazing. Very nice game.

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts

Get Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and download Forged Alliance Forever (FA Forever), the community support client which includes community made patches/bugfixes and online matchmaking. It's really well done and plenty of people still play.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

It's not as prevalent as FPSes but definitely not dead. SC2, Rome 2, and COH2 are some recent releases.