vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Kinda interested in exploring the game Paladins.

Played a few games and am thinking of buying the founders pack for $20. That would give me all the heroes.

Assuming I went F2P instead. What is the model like? At level 7 I believe I unlock quests, to go along with my daily log in bonus. How long would it take for me to purchase 2-3 heroes with in game currency?

How much gold could I earn daily? or weekly?

Jackson_Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jackson_Lee
Member since 2017 • 20 Posts

i'm playing Pala, but also new to it.

I not sure how to answer your questions as i also not familiar with the game.

But I can tell you that the game give you use all the champions (heroes) when you are new account for 1-3 days if i not mistaken.

After that, you will need to purchase 1 by 1 with gold (5000/7500) per champion depends on old/latest. Golds are not difficult to earn in Pala as inside got many quests to solve (each would give you 800g), plus every match, champion's level rewards will also give you certain amount of golds. Thus, when you are bored with one champion, you are likely to have golds for another.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I played it for a couple hundred hours and purchased the Standard and Epic Founder Pack (spent about $25 total when they were on sale). I have most of the heroes leveled to 5+, several 10+ and was playing ranked fairly regularly since this summer (had Pip to #35 in NA at one point). That said I use the term PLAYED, not play. It's pretty fun if you don't take it seriously, but once you have any moderate level of skill with a good number of heroes and certainly if you make it to ranked you will start getting pissed off.

Why? There is no skill-based matchmaking to speak of. You will get paired repeatedly with drooling morons even after 100+ hours and just spend an entire match beating your head against a wall as the Pip refuses to heal, the Fernando chases flankers, and the DPS cower in the back-field or spend the whole match shooting Ling-clones. Also, when I bailed a couple months ago I was getting paired with non-english speakers repeatedly when I am located in central NA. So people are region-dodging to avoid the long queue times in their area making the matchmaking even worse due to lag and failure to communicate. It happened very frequently in non-ranked and often enough in ranked that I couldn't deal with it anymore and quit playing. The gameplay is fun, but the matchmaking is some of the worst I have seen, worse than HotS, which was the previous low bar in terms of matchmaking.

After 200+ hours there are other annoyances in terms of hero balance (both over- and under-powered heroes who aren't getting fixes) and ability related bugs/exploits, but the matchmaking was the nail in the coffin for me.

If you decide to grab the Founder Pack wait until it comes on sale. I got the basic one for $13 during the Spring sale last year.

ChiHeartily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChiHeartily
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

I played it during Closed Beta, stayed away for a while in favor of Overwatch and Dirty Bomb, came back recently because of the Volcanic Makoa skin unlock at level 30 before Beta ends. Go get Founder's Pack if you want the Fiery Horse Mount. I like how I came back to a lot of new Champions and game improvements. Though I think it sucks that the chests now work like in Overwatch where you can get duplicates, taking much longer for me to get the skins I want for my favorite Champions compared to before.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

No i play overwatch

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#6  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

The problem since roughly mid Oct '16 is the matchmaking. I can't deal with it. As much as I like Paladins, much more so than OW, it is just infuriating to play once you have about 100 hours under your belt. It is worse than the truly terrible matchmaking in HotS, which was the previous low bar.

Once you are experienced with a good portion of the roster, watching people make stupid mistakes over and over and over is just rage inducing. On top of that, outside of Comp (and even in Comp half the time) there is no skill-based MM so you get a bunch of pencil-chewers and window-lickers for teammates that would literally be outplayed by bots. And finally the cherry on top of the shit-sundae that is the matchmaking is you have both Russian and Portuguese speaking trolls that are region hopping to avoid long queue times in their region and invading the NA queue (since it isn't region limited you just select your region in the launcher).

I went back this weekend and things had not improved at all since I stopped playing in Jan. Lasted about 15 hours before I rage-uninstalled again.

RichyRodz25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By RichyRodz25
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

No, actually played the rpg like a <WARLOCK> spell-caster instead of melee. Being i was going to switch to RTS starcraft.

liongamer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 liongamer69
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I needed 1 week (if you are very good in the game) and you should buy torvald he is very overpowerd he has healing lot of health and strong attack but short range. Do not buy the founder pack that is an unfair way to get all the heroes and for noobs

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

I have 93 hours on record and all the heroes (including the newly released ones). That being said, I have over 70k gold left so it's really not that difficult to earn currency in game. There are also double gold events. At some point I inted to buy the founders pack because I've put in enough hours and would like to support the developers.

There is no need to buy anything with real money and all items are cosmetic.