Anyone have windows vista please help me :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silencers3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 silencers3
Member since 2004 • 755 Posts
A game that requires windows 2000/xp cannot be played on windows vista? if so is there any application i could download for it to work? i think its kinda stupid to just throw away all of those games that are windows2000/xp. so there has to be a way to bypass the operating system idk :( please help......
juggernaut8419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 juggernaut8419
Member since 2003 • 872 Posts
There are a lot of games that run on Vista that were made for 2000/XP, but yes there are some that don't. Did you try running it in XP compatability mode?
napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts
A game that requires windows 2000/xp cannot be played on windows vista? if so is there any application i could download for it to work? i think its kinda stupid to just throw away all of those games that are windows2000/xp. so there has to be a way to bypass the operating system idk :( please help......silencers3
Most can be, did you try the compatibility tab, in the game's properties(right click, then click properties)? If not you could try to find a cheap copy of xp some where and make your pc a dual boot
poopiVONpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 poopiVONpoo
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts
:| have you tried just installing them and trying them out on vista?? they usaully work, vista has become quite backwards compatible. never had an issue with it
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
what is the game?
silencers3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silencers3
hm im not sure im gonna try the compatibility mode thanks for responding so quick guys and yea to be honest im trying to install Final Fantasy 11 i know its old and im sure alot of people hate it or w.e. but i want it on my p.c now but the one i got has vista but with amd 64 dual core 3gb ram, 250 gb hard drive so i cant beat that and its wayyyyy past the requirements so im sure the game will run smooth thanks again everyone ill try to right click it....
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Depends on the game. So far I only encountered a single game that does not work on Vista no matter what, Trackmania Nations, no, not Trackmania Nations Forever, the older version, Nations. Others would be Kotor 1 and 2, they work sometimes but not for long and with glitches, the others work just fine, even games from 95. And there are games that don't work on 64 bit OS's but I don't count that as a problem.(Vampire Bloodlines).

Since I have Vista I installed over 200 games, old and new and besides those 3, I didn't have a single problem.

silencers3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silencers3

so when i install FFXI again and create a short cut on the desktop right click on the icon? and then properties, then there should be a compatibility tab?

Cryptecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cryptecks
Member since 2004 • 610 Posts
You might have to do it on the actual .exe file in the Program Files folder, I'm not sure if the tab is in the Shortcut file.
silencers3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silencers3
sadly it is in the shortcut file but what sucks is i tried everything far as the compatibility feature i get an error message Error code = 20008003 Playonline viewer cannot run under current operating system :( im going to give up i think this is so depressing :(
belboz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 belboz
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts

Check this:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalfantasy11/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42185559&pid=555735

or this

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php?t26280.html

StealthKing93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 StealthKing93
Member since 2008 • 715 Posts
I have Windows Vista and my games that are for XP run great, although sometimes they crash. But the others don't. Try XP compatability
silencers3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silencers3
thanks everyone i got it to work
napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts
good for you
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Depends on the game. So far I only encountered a single game that does not work on Vista no matter what, Trackmania Nations, no, not Trackmania Nations Forever, the older version, Nations. Others would be Kotor 1 and 2, they work sometimes but not for long and with glitches, the others work just fine, even games from 95. And there are games that don't work on 64 bit OS's but I don't count that as a problem.(Vampire Bloodlines).

Since I have Vista I installed over 200 games, old and new and besides those 3, I didn't have a single problem.

DanielDust

Both KOTOR1 and Vampire Bloodlines work nearly flawlessly on my 64-bit Vista SP1.

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts
I know FFXI works on vista, ive tried it. But the game has graphical problems.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

RK-Mara

Both KOTOR1 and Vampire Bloodlines work nearly flawlessly on my 64-bit Vista SP1.

Then I should try more :P. I always got an error for Vampires that it's not 64 bit compatible but I will try again and I didn't try to play Kotor 1 much, but I had some problems with it, my problem was Kotor 2 because that was the one I really wanted to play because I never finished it :( but no luck so far on 2.

Thanks, i will try Vampires again soon :P
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Then I should try more :P. I always got an error for Vampires that it's not 64 bit compatible but I will try again and I didn't try to play Kotor 1 much, but I had some problems with it, my problem was Kotor 2 because that was the one I really wanted to play because I never finished it :( but no luck so far on 2.

Thanks, i will try Vampires again soon :PDanielDust

I have the Steam version of Vampires so it might have something to do with that.