anyone else is overloaded with games??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RockmasteR-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 1

#1 RockmasteR-_-
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

OK first of all I love playing games and finishing them, love the game for: its story, gameplay and graphics, so finishing a game for me is a must

those the games installed now on my PC:

Far Cry 4

Borderlands 2 (playing True Vault Hunter Mode)

Borderlands TPS (in Claptrap DLC)

Dying Light (playing single player and sometimes Co-op)

Need for Speed Rivals

Titanfall

Dragon Age Inquisition (finished the first play-through as a mage and now trying to play as a Rogue Elf)

Fifa 15

GTA V (I'm eager to play online Heists)

The Witcher 3 (in my 58th hour, loving this game a lot)

also I'm thinking of buying AC Rogue but needs to finish Black Flag first LOL

and... got more than 300 game on Steam and lots of them not even installed
so what do you think? Am I overloaded with games or what?

anyone else here overloaded with games? :D

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts

Completely. I can't seem to stay on one game and finish it, I went from Dark Souls 2 to Shadow of Mordor to Dying Light to GTA5 and now the Witcher 3. I also have other games to play such as Batman, Titanfall and he evil within to name a few.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I have a case of huge backlog myself. ATM I'm playing Skyrim, however my backlog consist of games like

• Alice: Madness returns,
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • The Witcher 1-3
  • Betrayer
  • Banished
  • Bound by Flame
  • Darksiders 2
  • Dirt 3
  • Dead Space 1-3
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • FEAR 2-3
  • Max Payne 1-3
  • LOTR: War in the North
  • Metro 2033
  • Overlord II
  • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Thief
  • Dishonored
  • and more
McGuirex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By McGuirex3
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts

Take a breather from gaming i.e. stop playing for a week/month or more and than and only than will you find out one thing for sure (am I addicted aka Can Not stop playing)? Oh and btw being addicted to anything and I mean anything IS NOT nor should it be considered a good thing! Why because it means you've lost control and whatever you can't stop doing (is controlling you), and not the other way around! If you don't believe me just try it for yourself not for me or anybody else for that matter (save for maybe 1st. and for most for yourself and maybe just maybe your love ones as well! I kid you not it really does help to get your perspective on life "Young" or "Older" back on track! Happy gaming/life!!!

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Yeah and I just keep buying....... My new idea is, if I am not going to play the game right now then don't buy... The game will only get cheaper in the future.

RockmasteR-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 RockmasteR-_-
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

I love playing video games, but I'm not to a point of addiction, I go to work every day and come back home at 5 PM, I sit on my PC browsing the net and then play games a bit, sometimes playing 3 to 4 hours and sometimes 2 hours, yes I admit it, I sometimes prefer playing games then going out but sometimes the opposite is true

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Yea, I've got a backlog. Personally, as long as I'm having fun playing games and not spending obscene amounts of money, I don't care whether I'm playing all the games I've bought to completion.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@RockmasteR-_- said:

OK first of all I love playing games and finishing them, love the game for: its story, gameplay and graphics, so finishing a game for me is a must

those the games installed now on my PC:

Far Cry 4

Borderlands 2 (playing True Vault Hunter Mode)

Borderlands TPS (in Claptrap DLC)

Dying Light (playing single player and sometimes Co-op)

Need for Speed Rivals

Titanfall

Dragon Age Inquisition (finished the first play-through as a mage and now trying to play as a Rogue Elf)

Fifa 15

GTA V (I'm eager to play online Heists)

The Witcher 3 (in my 58th hour, loving this game a lot)

also I'm thinking of buying AC Rogue but needs to finish Black Flag first LOL

and... got more than 300 game on Steam and lots of them not even installed

so what do you think? Am I overloaded with games or what?

anyone else here overloaded with games? :D

personally I think you should stop buying quantity and start trying to buy quality.. You have to weed out the bullshit games now a days, especially with a market that's getting as saturated as gaming.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

I'm a bit overloaded to say the least. White people problems...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

no im fine...fiiine,

ah who am i kidding im completly overloaded.

im currently trying to get the witcher 3 finished (though im not rushing any games...thats pointless. take my time and enjoy them).

then its on to getting batman arkam asylum and city done before playing knight. thatll take a fair chunk of time.

then, i think, its finally time to give fallout 3 and new vegas a good run. that will take a chunk of time.

pillars of eternity is also on the list and i have a campaign in rome 2 to properly finish. i also must get further in GTA5.

i think i may just skip the sales this year (well i will get fallout 3 GOTY. i only have an original copy and it would probably be cheaper to just get the GOTY version on sale from steam or something than to get all the DLC seperately :P).

that will leave next year for fallout 4, warhammer total war, xenoblade chronicles X, torment and a few more from the backlog like ni no kuni.

of course this may all change after E3 :S.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#11  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I have a big backlog, but ever since The Witcher 3 came out, none of the other games seem to matter. I am not even pumped for E3 this year. Just loving TW3. hehe :)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I get bored of games really fast, so not really. I've been twiddling my thumbs and playing agar.io while I wait for the release of Arkham Knight and KF2 updates.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I have more money than time these days so I end up buying lots of games and only finishing/spending a lot of time on the ones I actually enjoy. Lots of 'big' games in the last year that I bought for close to full price and just didn't spend that much time with - Pillars of Eternity, Shadow of Mordor, Dying Light, Far Cry 4, Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Transistor are games I bought, played for a bit (as little as 30 mins for some, as much as 10 hours for others) but they all failed to capture or hold my attention.

I probably wont return to any of those games, but i'll continue to pour time into The Witcher 3, Company of Heroes 2 and as its updated Killing Floor 2.

I decided that I wont bother playing/finishing games that I don't enjoy, and if that means I spend money on stuff I don't play much, so be it. If I actually play a game to completion these days, Its probably one I will recommend to friends.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#14 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts
@BassMan said:

I have a big backlog, but ever since The Witcher 3 came out, none of the other games seem to matter. I am not even pumped for E3 this year. Just loving TW3. hehe :)

Witcher 3 is the devil in disguise, in that it is making my backlog increase.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Arthas045 said:

Yeah and I just keep buying....... My new idea is, if I am not going to play the game right now then don't buy... The game will only get cheaper in the future.

I changed my tactics when it comes to buying games a while ago. I'll only buy what is on my wish list. And those games I'm not buying before there is a sale on them. At least that is how it will be for a few years now.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@BassMan said:

Same.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Eh... I'm gonna go out and get Splatoon, and that's pretty much gonna be all my gaming until I finish the semester, and then it'll be DA:I and Project CARS... I've had my fill of most other games for now. I'm overloaded in the sense that I have tons of hours worth of gaming available in my Steam library, but except for those I've mentioned there isn't much drive to actually play them as of right now.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Same, at 140 games on steam and keep buying them the problem is i'm always playing the same 2 games., 7 days to die and craft the world with over 650hrs each on them.

Upside is now can be snobby and only buy games from wishlist at very good deals. Also avoiding games I think i'll get bored of after a few hours.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Im in that situation at this second. Looking threw amazon for lol. Should really stock up on on some TV series instead and play the game what I got. For games Been looking from Dying Light PC to The last of us PS4. Lost for TV series to Breaking bad. Just cant decide. Game or TV. Still got like Farcry 4, AC Unity, Shadow of mordour, I even keep trying Skyrim. Last month I bought cities skyline for fun of it and not even installed it. I also have memory blanks

The other day I went into a shop. When I got home I had a pair of binoculars, 12 packetsof Strepsils and a roof rack for a Cortina and I didn't know why!!

winplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 winplayer
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Huge backlog. I don't think it's going to be possible to even play half of them.

I blame Steam.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skipper847

I bought some crap on steam in past because I had a couple of quid left in account.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Not really, I only play games that really interest me.

At the moment:

Witcher 3

CS:GO

I'll try Witcher 2 after beating the 3rd one. I've spent a lot of hours already in it and there's still more to do.

I'm going to play:

Arkham Knight

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Pokemon Super Dungeons

Zelda Wii U

Starfox Wii U

Getting kind of bored in CS:GO. I already got the highest rank, global elite for a while now. CEVO is full of master guardian ranks who call cheats on me sometimes. Alternatively, your team consists of silvers and the other team is against real globals. I can't carry that, and I only shine really on dust2. CEVO makes me play other maps.

ESEA has too many low ranks now like CEVO and the client is very intrusive on your computer. It sends random bits of memory back to ESEA and their security is bad. I don't really care about that, just the amount of low ranks and selfish gameplay. People don't get proper trades, etc.

I like Valve's mathcmaking more, all that matters is winning so it encourages people to play together better. In ESEA/CEVO it's all about RWS. Unfortunately in valve's matchmaking there's blatant spinbotters or wallhackers every other game at global elite level. ESEA and CEVO have their own anticheat.

I'm not interested in joining a team or anything, I just like to PUG.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

If batman gets good reviews then I'll get that then I wont be buying any games for the rest of the yearmonth week

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2451 Posts

I bought Witcher 3 on Monday and haven't had time to even launch it.

Sad dad.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I am completely over loaded. I only have 62 games on Steam, but the majority of them I've only put minutes into lol. By minutes I mean under a hour. The last two games I actually completed were Portal 2 and the Tomb Raider reboot and that was fairly recently.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

If batman gets good reviews then I'll get that then I wont be buying any games for the rest of the yearmonth week

Cracks me up.... I tell my self and my wife the same thing.... "I am not buying anymore games for awhile" this is during a 60 dollar purchase.... Next week some store will have 4 games for 10 bucks and I tell my wife... "You cant beat that sale" and of course i will spend 40 bucks in there.....

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By skipper847

Right now looking on amzon to see what to get instead of playing what I have. Im greedy but looking for good bargin in the mean time. Right now looking at SG1 complete 1 to 10 plus the mini movies instead of a game. £58.49p and use to be over £100.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28  Edited By digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Just now started playing Batman Arkham City and then Origins....since I need to finish them ready for Arkham Knight. Skipping all side missions and going headfirst just into the main quest ignoring all enemies in the city. Only way to quickly finish these before Arkham Knight.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By skipper847

Just been looking on amazon again and So much for tv series or film Just bought yet another game that I will not play. Dying Light. Also bought a HDMI to HDMI cable version 2.0 to see if I can get rid of this colour issue im having with my graphic card. Not bad for £6.95. I was in currys a electronic shop in my town today and saw same one for £49,99 and even more at £100 lol

May be if I can sort my colour issue out I would play more. 99% sure its NVidia drivers on my 970GTX as tried older drivers with out full RGB there even worse and black looks purple when you start moving other issues like flickering too. So just got this 2.0 hdmi cable as the card is 2,0 even though 1.4a which im using at the moment is compatible I will see if this helps even more.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Yup, got way too many games. Currently playing Witcher 1 and almost finished it. Not sure if I'll move to Witcher 2 after that or finish something on ps3.

Of the 100 games on steam I've only beat like 4 of them so far... fucking Steam sales and humble bundles. And that's only counting steam. ._.

There's also a ton of ps3 games I have yet to beat, a few psp games and even a few ps2 games(doubt I'll play those anymore). Only chance I have of beating them all at this point is if I 100% focus on games and rush through them all...

I don't know why this happened. Back in the day I used to beat all my games but some years after getting my ps3 I started buying more and more games and eventually got into steam and yeah... lol. Don't worry OP, I think most of us here are overloaded.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@Arthas045 said:

Yep. That's my new life philosophy as well. But I'm still not clearing my backlog!

I often play a game and then enjoy it enough to buy/play all the sequels. So I'm completing loads of games (close to 40 this year alone - I'm actually keeping a list) but not getting much closer to clearing my backlog :P

I've just recently played Binary Domain. Amazing little gem (provided you play with a controller) and I can see why it has a bit of a cult following. Currently playing Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut in time for E3 (where the sequels to those games are expected to be shown).

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

I cycling between Witcher 3, WoW, Diablo, Heroes of the Storm, MKX and HoN. Im pretty overloaded too.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

i'm briefly playing Witcher 3 right now and some online games. Pretty overloaded, i hope i can put more time into games and get playing more.

I've probably installed and uninstalled a ton of games the last year or two, if it doesnt hook me right away i have no patience for it, its about the only way to get things done

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#34 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

@RockmasteR-_-: 180 games installed. ~25 of them haven't even started yet. ~10 of them destined for a replay soon. ~15 from the last 2 years that still need to be finished but Dying Light, Inquisition, GTAV, and Wild Hunt came along and took the passed 5 months.

keep thinking i'm going to buy a generator, stock up some gasoline, find a cabin out in the swamp, and spend the next 2 years away from new releases until i finish these games.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

@RockmasteR-_-:

I have some games that I have not finished that I should. Like Shadow of Mordor, I'm at 90%.

But most of the good games I have is finished. And I have no games to play right now. Even csgo is boring because I too played.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I'm in the same boat as a lot of these other people...

There's just no way to keep up with all the games I buy!

Witcher 3 and Forza Horizon 2 (just got an xbone recently) have been keeping me off of Kerbal SP for weeks now...and my backlog is to the point I know I will never, ever have enough time to get caught up.

Well...lot's to complain about in gaming these days but one things for sure; it's a great time to be a gamer! Damn you Steam Summer Sale!

Blizzard2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Blizzard2188
Member since 2015 • 121 Posts

I'm so overloaded with games it's scary and would take way too long to list the games in my Steam library and my shelves of PS2,PS3,PS4,XB1,XB360,Xone,GC,Wii,Wii-U,3DS,Vita games. I could literally stop buying games for 2 years and probably still not make it through my backlog.

Also to add, I recently purchased the Darksiders Pack, Kingdoms of Amular, Tomb Raider on the Steam Sale. I'm trying to hold myself back as I now see the Farcry series on there (i have never played any of them and many people say I should) but I have so many games to play I just feel I shouldn't get them right now.

My main problem is I buy the current games to play, but then see a past game I never got a chance with and buy them when I see a sale or deal. I remember tracking down Xenosaga III years ago used knowing I wanted to play it and I have yet to actually play it. To make things even worse, I bought F.E.A.R. near release on physical and never beat it due to always forgetting to back up my save, then got the digital version with 2 and 3 on a steam sale and still haven't beaten it. This was edited and I felt I should further explain how long it is taking me to beat F.E.A.R. Then I start playing it again and bam, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 release and I dropped it again.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Yep, I've got hundreds of games, haven't played them all and I probably will never get to all of them.

Nakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nakuu
Member since 2015 • 16 Posts

I got too many games, at the rate I'm buying them I will never finish them.

Sigh.

Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40 Jade
Member since 2015 • 15 Posts

Yep, I also have the curse of the backlog. Dozens of games remain unplayed, or even uninstalled. At the moment, I'm going back to classic RPGs from the 90s, such as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. And considering it takes me months to finish any single one of them, I'm left to assume that I'll always have a backlog. Like, forever.

I usually don't mind it all that much, except when new games come out. For instance, I still haven't played Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Witcher 3, at all, despite pre-ordering both. So sometimes, I feel like I'm missing out by trying to catch up. You know, like a dog chasing its own tail. Then I feel dumb and eat ice cream with butter cookies.