Any racing games which gives a real sense of speed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

Alright, I'm looking for a PC game (fairly recent) which gives a REAL sense of speed while driving/riding. I don't play racing games that often. I tried the recent Need for Speed games, and although most of them were enjoyable, I noticed that even while driving at top speed, they don't real make you feel the speed, as it was with Underground/Most Wanted (old one)/Carbon. for example, there is no or minimal motion blur. I also tried the Test Drive unlimited games, but they give you the feeling that you're driving a slab of stone on wheels, rather than a car. And regarding bike racing games, I haven't come across any worthy bike game on the PC since the Moto Racer 1/2/3 days. Of course, I don't really follow the racing genre, so I might have missed out on really cool games. I just want people to recommend me some good, fairly recent (released after 2006) racing games, which actually provide a terrific sense of speed and adrenaline rush. Both car and bike racing games are fine, but I'd prefer bike racing games because that would be a refreshing change from the over saturated car racing game catalog. If possible, please recommend both (car and bike). And I'd prefer arcade-style racing games over simulation, because simulation games are too hardcore and tough for me since I play racing games only occasionally. Thank you. :)

P.S. Please suggest only PC games, because I'm exclusively a PC gamer and don't even own a console. Of course that is pretty obvious, since I have posted in the PC/MAC games forum, but I'm mentioning it here just in case.

gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gigatrainer
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts
Forza 5
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funkyzoom

Forza 5gigatrainer

Come on, I have specifically mentioned that I want only PC games. You probably just read the title and posted, and didn't really read the description. And Forza 5 is an XboxOne exclusive.

gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gigatrainer

[QUOTE="gigatrainer"]Forza 5funkyzoom

Come on, I have specifically mentioned that I want only PC games. You probably just read the title and posted, and didn't really read the description. And Forza 5 is an XboxOne exclusive.

GT6 then?
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funkyzoom

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="gigatrainer"]Forza 5gigatrainer

GT6 then?

Please, even GT6 is a PS3 exclusive.

gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gigatrainer

[QUOTE="gigatrainer"][QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

funkyzoom

GT6 then?

I know that, I was trolling you for emphasising so much on a PC game. Have you tried something like GRID or DIRT? Or even NFS Shift 2, all of them are like racing sims so I guess they'll give a good sense of speed
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
DiRT 2 Shift 2 Most Wanted (the original) maybe Burnout Paradise
gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gigatrainer
[QUOTE="ampiva"]DiRT 2 Shift 2 Most Wanted (the original) maybe Burnout Paradise

Burnout paradise has zero sense of speed IMO
s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 s-e-e-k
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

I don't know if you have a wheel and pedals but that will drastically make it feel like youre driving a real car.  Mostly because its not like a keyboard where your flooring it with every push of the gas button.  You really do feel like youre flooring it with the pedals when you have it all the way down to the ground its pretty cool.

Grid, Grid 2, Dirt 2 , and Dirt 3 are a lot better than the Need for Speed games IMO and they are my personal favs

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funkyzoom

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="gigatrainer"] GT6 then?gigatrainer

I know that, I was trolling you for emphasising so much on a PC game. Have you tried something like GRID or DIRT? Or even NFS Shift 2, all of them are like racing sims so I guess they'll give a good sense of speed

I haven't tried them, because, like you mentioned, they're sims and not arcade racers. The problem with sims is that it is very difficult to control the car and even the handling is too tough, unless you're using a contrller os steering. Unfortunately I don't have them, and I only play games using mouse and keyboard. Still, I'll just give them a try. I hope there are demos for those games, because I'd hate to buy it and then throw it in the waste bin because its too difficult to play without a controller/steering wheel.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funkyzoom

I don't know if you have a wheel and pedals but that will drastically make it feel like youre driving a real car.  Mostly because its not like a keyboard where your flooring it with every push of the gas button.  You really do feel like youre flooring it with the pedals when you have it all the way down to the ground its pretty cool.

Grid, Grid 2, Dirt 2 , and Dirt 3 are a lot better than the Need for Speed games IMO and they are my personal favs

s-e-e-k

Unfortunately, I don't own a wheel/pedal, or even a controller. I only play with the keyboard. I reside in an underdeveloped third world country, where such gaming equipment are pretty hard to find. The only alternative is to import them, but its too expensive due to shipping costs, customs etc.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funkyzoom

s-e-e-k

By the way, are bike racing games totally extinct on the PC?

s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 s-e-e-k

[QUOTE="s-e-e-k"]

funkyzoom

I am not sure about that but I haven't seen any in a long time.
gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gigatrainer

[QUOTE="s-e-e-k"]

funkyzoom

Road redemption? :P, last time I saw bikes in any game was either GTA or Burnout
s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 s-e-e-k

Here is a cheap and pretty good wheel maybe you can afford. I have the same one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00140R0XK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I think burnout paradise has a good sense of speed, but not in a realistic way.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 funkyzoom

Here is a cheap and pretty good wheel maybe you can afford. I have the same one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00140R0XK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

s-e-e-k

Thanks a million! This product suits me perfectly, and its mentioned that it can be delivered to my country. I'm placing an order right now.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funkyzoom

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="s-e-e-k"]

gigatrainer

Road redemption? :P, last time I saw bikes in any game was either GTA or Burnout

That's a shame, really. By the way, I came across this game Moto GP 08, which is a bike racing game available for the PC. I want to try it, but it doeasn't seem to be available anywhere to buy. Then, there's the upcoming MotoGP 13. Hope it turns out to be good.