Any new Gangster / Mob Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KaranINDN (92 posts) -

Hey all,

So i was going through some of my older games and playing the Gangster Genre that I really like. I was playing old games like Gangsters, Gangsters 2, Mob Rule and Ganglandand came to realize that I haven't seen a gangster game like that in a while. Only thing that has been coming out is shooters like Mafia, and The Godfather. Anybody know of any other good Gangster / Mob games like those which have some strategy behind it.

Thanks to all those who respond.

#2 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18430 posts) -
There havn't been any in a while that i can think off.. although not to long ago Mafia 2 was announced. :)
#3 Posted by Store24 (1146 posts) -

MAFIA II TBA!!!!!

I can't freakin' wait!!

#4 Posted by Planeforger (16392 posts) -
Mafia 2 is the only one I can think of, but I doubt it will have the strategy/management elements of, say, The Godfather or Gangsters.
#5 Posted by KaranINDN (92 posts) -
Yeah. Looks like it will just be a straight up FPS. Oh well. Here is hoping a strategy sim comes out soon.
#6 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18430 posts) -

Yeah. Looks like it will just be a straight up FPS. Oh well. Here is hoping a strategy sim comes out soon.KaranINDN

It's not FPS.. its meant to be similar style to the original Mafia.. which is a Third Person Action game.. doesn't seem like you've played it, definatly give it a go.

#7 Posted by daplague420 (25 posts) -
You can try Escape from Paradise City. It was made by the same people that did Gangland. Seems to play exactly the same too. The only problem is that it's a modern gangster game, so you don't have old school 30's mobster types, you have the GTA typegangster guys.
#8 Posted by shamuk (470 posts) -
I loved Gangsters 1. I really sucked at it though.
#9 Posted by KaranINDN (92 posts) -
OOps Sorry about that. Meant to say 3rd person, over the shoulder. I did play it for the PC, hated the speed limit they imposed, but it was fun.