And so it begins....

  • 103 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

A few months ago in another thread which should still be floating around somewhere, I said specifically, after the Witcher 3's attempt at £49.99, others would chance it. I got called "troll" and other comments. This was the same with the steam forums as well as several other forums. People dismissed it,

Lo and behold, look what I see logging onto steam today.

Farcry 3 was £29.99. Assassins Creed III was £29.99. You are now paying, almost double the price. Including the Digital, whatever edition, it is more than double the price and the exact same price of console games.

Steam = going down the shitter

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#2 Posted by FelipeInside (28160 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

A few months ago in another thread which should still be floating around somewhere, I said specifically, after the Witcher 3's attempt at £49.99, others would chance it. I got called "troll" and other comments. This was the same with the steam forums as well as several other forums. People dismissed it,

Lo and behold, look what I see logging onto steam today.

Farcry 3 was £29.99. Assassins Creed III was £29.99. You are now paying, almost double the price. Including the Digital, whatever edition, it is more than double the price and the exact same price of console games.

Steam = going down the shitter

Both of those games are $59.99 US in Australia. That's actually cheaper for us. They normally sit around $70-$80$ US.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

Both of those games are $59.99 US in Australia.

The UK is not Australia. Nor does it being expensive in Austrailia in anyway, shape or form justify us getting massively, massively shafted.

I've seen this argument used multiple times and basically what it boils down to every-time is

"well, we are fucked, you should be fucked".

Avatar image for Gooeykat
#4 Edited by Gooeykat (3409 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Speak American, what is a game usually? Not sure about the exchange rates here.

Edit, okay never mind, now that I've rad the rest of your post. So that's a huge price increase. So it's about $85...that...sucks.

Avatar image for skipper847
#5 Posted by skipper847 (5971 posts) -

Every one should stop buying what happens when devs have start paying the consoles fees :P.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@skipper847 said:

Every one should stop buying what happens when devs have start paying the consoles fees :P.

Sitting in the top 10. Should reach the top by the end of the day.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#7 Posted by MonsieurX (35646 posts) -

Regular price of 59.99$ here.

Avatar image for skipper847
#8 Posted by skipper847 (5971 posts) -

I have actually pre ordered from amazon. £38,99 for the limited edition. But this will also go up in the future.

@uninspiredcup said:

@skipper847 said:

Every one should stop buying what happens when devs have start paying the consoles fees :P.

Sitting in the top 10. Should reach the top by the end of the day.

I have actually pre ordered from amazon. £38,99 for the limited edition. But this will also go up in the future.

Avatar image for wis3boi
#9 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

buy somewhere else then...

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@skipper847 said:

I have actually pre ordered from amazon. £38,99 for the limited edition. But this will also go up in the future.

It will.

@wis3boi said:

buy somewhere else then...

Shouldn't have too in the first place. And chances are, this will spread across the board as £39.99 did (see skippers post).

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#11 Posted by KHAndAnime (17137 posts) -

Hasn't Steam always been a relatively poor deal for those dealing in £? I remember for years people complaining about Steam games being sold for £49.99 because it wasn't equivalent to $49.99? Are we still harping on that old subject? Don't publishers set the prices anyways?

Avatar image for wis3boi
#12 Edited by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

Hasn't Steam always been a relatively poor deal for those dealing in £? I remember for years people complaining about Steam games being sold for £49.99 because it wasn't equivalent to $49.99? Are we still harping on that old subject? Don't publishers set the prices anyways?

yes publishers set the price and they don't convert them on steam because suckers will buy it. Thankfully, I'm in the US and don't get gouged

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#13 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -
@KHAndAnime said:

remember for years people complaining about Steam games being sold for £49.99 because it wasn't equivalent to $49.99?

I've been on steam for a decade with 600 or so games and it isn't until recently certain (to put it mildly) CUNTS have been attempting to charge £49,99.

So no, that hasn't been the case.

Avatar image for lawlessx
#14 Edited by lawlessx (48494 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

Hasn't Steam always been a relatively poor deal for those dealing in £? I remember for years people complaining about Steam games being sold for £49.99 because it wasn't equivalent to $49.99? Are we still harping on that old subject? Don't publishers set the prices anyways?

pretty much. I have no idea why the TC's talking as if this just recently started. What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

its the publishers that are taking advantage here..not valve

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#15 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -
@lawlessx said:

What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

The Witcher 3 is still £49.99. It wasn't an error. They are just greedy pricks.

The Witcher fanboys don't like to hear this and defend it to the high hills. A spades a spade, greedy pricks.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#16 Edited by KHAndAnime (17137 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@KHAndAnime said:

remember for years people complaining about Steam games being sold for £49.99 because it wasn't equivalent to $49.99?

I've been on steam for a decade with 600 or so games and it isn't until recently certain (to put it mildly) CUNTS have been attempting to charge £49,99.

So no, that hasn't been the case.

Weird, I guess those dozens of threads of people making these similar complaints were all in my head...

Avatar image for lawlessx
#18 Posted by lawlessx (48494 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

The Witcher 3 is still £49.99. It wasn't an error. They are just greedy pricks.

The Witcher fanboys don't like to hear this and defend it to the high hills. A spades a spade, greedy pricks.

you said they made an attempt at pricing £49.99..

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

The Witcher 3 is still £49.99. It wasn't an error. They are just greedy pricks.

The Witcher fanboys don't like to hear this and defend it to the high hills. A spades a spade, greedy pricks.

you said they made an attempt at pricing £49.99..

It is £49.99. What your attempting to argue is a perceived price cut.

Avatar image for steaminpotatoes
#20 Posted by SteaminPotatoes (191 posts) -

The hell is going on folks ? , i am utterly disgusted , not only that they will come out horribly optimised and need 3rd party DRM, now they are charging same price as the console version , but the PC version will yielded more profit because of no licencing fees.

Something has to be done because they are just being anti consumer and trying to rip people off in certain regions, blatantly too.

So what are the prices in other regions and how to progress ? personally just not going to buy it and wait for a sale or something because this is ridiculous .

Avatar image for lawlessx
#21 Edited by lawlessx (48494 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

The Witcher 3 is still £49.99. It wasn't an error. They are just greedy pricks.

The Witcher fanboys don't like to hear this and defend it to the high hills. A spades a spade, greedy pricks.

you said they made an attempt at pricing £49.99..

It is £49.99. What your attempting to argue is a perceived price cut.

argue? no sir..im just repeating with you said which is that they made an attempt at £49.99. So was it priced £49.99 ..changed..and then changed back?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#22 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

The Witcher 3 is still £49.99. It wasn't an error. They are just greedy pricks.

The Witcher fanboys don't like to hear this and defend it to the high hills. A spades a spade, greedy pricks.

you said they made an attempt at pricing £49.99..

It is £49.99. What your attempting to argue is a perceived price cut.

argue? no sir..im just repeating with you said which is that they made an attempt at £49.99. So was it priced £49.99 ..changed..and then changed back?

It is £49.99. I personally, don't give a shit about your petty little problems with me. The price in the picture and on steam is £49.99.

Regardless of what I said, that's the base price they are attempting to push. Thus, greedy pricks.

It's worth noting as well, Witcher fanboys give them a free pass "because just". Self imposed and selective ignorance. If this was Ubisoft they would (and currently are) all over them. It should be noted, I called out both, regardless of getting flack for it, due to being a man.

Avatar image for lawlessx
#23 Edited by lawlessx (48494 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

The Witcher 3 is still £49.99. It wasn't an error. They are just greedy pricks.

The Witcher fanboys don't like to hear this and defend it to the high hills. A spades a spade, greedy pricks.

you said they made an attempt at pricing £49.99..

It is £49.99. What your attempting to argue is a perceived price cut.

argue? no sir..im just repeating with you said which is that they made an attempt at £49.99. So was it priced £49.99 ..changed..and then changed back?

It is £49.99. I personally, don't give a shit about your petty little problems with me. The price in the picture and on steam is £49.99.

I asked you one simple question and you dodge it. Also you keep bringing up that you've been on steam for 10 years when it appears you started it in 2008

2008+10= 2018.. you're off by 4 years.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#24 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

What happened with witcher 3 was clearly a error that was quickly corrected.

The Witcher 3 is still £49.99. It wasn't an error. They are just greedy pricks.

The Witcher fanboys don't like to hear this and defend it to the high hills. A spades a spade, greedy pricks.

you said they made an attempt at pricing £49.99..

It is £49.99. What your attempting to argue is a perceived price cut.

argue? no sir..im just repeating with you said which is that they made an attempt at £49.99. So was it priced £49.99 ..changed..and then changed back?

It is £49.99. I personally, don't give a shit about your petty little problems with me. The price in the picture and on steam is £49.99.

I asked you one simple question and you dodge it. Also you keep bringing up that you've been on steam for 10 years when it appears you started it in 2008

2008+10= 2018.. you're off by 4 years.

My friend, rather than arguing the point, it appears to be a continuing of petty ramblings.

For example... so what if it was 6-7 and not 10? Does this change, anything, what so ever? No. I'm still right. You agreed with the spock man above (who is wrong) does not stop me being right. Since, I put a fact in front of your face. Years and years of evidence in a single post.

So, what was the point of this? None.

Avatar image for garfield360uk
#25 Edited by garfield360uk (20381 posts) -

This is pretty bad, hopefully there will be the usual Steam pre-launch sale (i.e. where they nock off 10/20% of the price for pre-ordering). However my guess is this is Ubisoft setting the price over Valve. It is time for people to vote with their wallets, if people are not happy to pay this price then wait for a sale or don't buy it at all. On the flip side, if you are happy to pay the higher price, go for it. My guess is the new price is to bring the PC price in line with the current generation of console hardware game prices (i.e. this is about the price on pre-orders for Xbox One and Playstation 4 games).

Avatar image for lawlessx
#26 Posted by lawlessx (48494 posts) -

so catching you bsing about yourself is me just rambling? interesting.

i agreed with him on the fact that the debate with the pricing of steam games in other countries has always been around. Its not new and we have nothing to gain by simply "making it up" you claimed an "attempt" was made to price the game at £49.99 and when i asked you questions you go into total elitist on me. Its not necessary...I questioned you only because you picked a poor choice of words when making your OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#27 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

Just don't buy it if you don't like the price.

Nobody should be pre-ordering Ubiscam games anyway #myunbiasedopinion

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#28 Posted by FelipeInside (28160 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

Both of those games are $59.99 US in Australia.

The UK is not Australia. Nor does it being expensive in Austrailia in anyway, shape or form justify us getting massively, massively shafted.

I've seen this argument used multiple times and basically what it boils down to every-time is

"well, we are fucked, you should be fucked".

You missed my point.

$59.99US in Australia is actually cheaper for an AAA title. My point was that different countries must have different licensing effects on games, causing them to be cheaper in some countries and more expensive in others.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#29 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

Both of those games are $59.99 US in Australia.

The UK is not Australia. Nor does it being expensive in Austrailia in anyway, shape or form justify us getting massively, massively shafted.

I've seen this argument used multiple times and basically what it boils down to every-time is

"well, we are fucked, you should be fucked".

You missed my point.

$59.99US in Australia is actually cheaper for an AAA title. My point was that different countries must have different licensing effects on games, causing them to be cheaper in some countries and more expensive in others.

Or (and this is a wild guess) Ubisoft are greedy are ****, cunts?

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#30 Posted by MBirdy88 (11375 posts) -

I find most of the big games that do this not worth getting day one.... oh yay yet ANOTHER assassins creed... I like them, and this looks like a nice engine/graphical jump... but just to spite them I will get it when its £7. or free YARRRR.

I'm not paying £50.... with no justified reason other than "we want more of your money".

Avatar image for JangoWuzHere
#31 Edited by JangoWuzHere (19031 posts) -

Not sure how a few mispriced games gives the impression that Steam is going down the shitter.

Avatar image for JangoWuzHere
#32 Edited by JangoWuzHere (19031 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

but just to spite them I will get it when its £7. or free YARRRR.

This whole rebel PC attitude is so 2009. Its smart to vote with your wallet, less so to imply you will pirate.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#33 Edited by MBirdy88 (11375 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

@MBirdy88 said:

but just to spite them I will get it when its £7. or free YARRRR.

This whole rebel PC attitude is so 2009. Its smart to vote with your wallet, less so to imply you will pirate.

that's a lovely naive attitude... but there is not timeline on such a concept. I support games I like, so the latter was more of a joke. but I'm certainly not paying £50 for it.

Avatar image for gameofthering
#34 Edited by gameofthering (10984 posts) -

Games trying to sell for £40 was pushing it but £50.......

£29.99 is the sweet spot for games.

EDIT:

People are actually paying £50 for those games.... The games are rising to the top of the Steam charts. This is just going to cause more games to be priced at £50.

EDIT 2:

Call of Duty is actually cheaper.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
#35 Edited by FelipeInside (28160 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

Both of those games are $59.99 US in Australia.

The UK is not Australia. Nor does it being expensive in Austrailia in anyway, shape or form justify us getting massively, massively shafted.

I've seen this argument used multiple times and basically what it boils down to every-time is

"well, we are fucked, you should be fucked".

You missed my point.

$59.99US in Australia is actually cheaper for an AAA title. My point was that different countries must have different licensing effects on games, causing them to be cheaper in some countries and more expensive in others.

Or (and this is a wild guess) Ubisoft are greedy are ****, cunts?

Yeah probably that too. I was just pointing out that Steam does that. Sometimes it's cheaper here than other countries, sometimes viceversa.

Avatar image for gameofthering
#36 Posted by gameofthering (10984 posts) -

Forgot all about this. It was posted earlier this year.

UK closing tax loophole on digital content

Does that have anything to do with this or is it actually just developers becoming greedy?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#37 Posted by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@gameofthering said:


Call of Duty is actually cheaper.

Bet no one ever expected to hear this sentence uttered.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#38 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -
@gameofthering said:

Forgot all about this. It was posted earlier this year.

UK closing tax loophole on digital content

Does that have anything to do with this or is it actually just developers becoming greedy?

Nothing to do with it. Ubisoft and EA have been attempting to charge £40-£60 for about a year and a half on their own shitty steam clones.

I'll make my own fucking game. Be 10 times better.

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293937517

@gameofthering said:


Call of Duty is actually cheaper.

Bet no one ever expected to hear this sentence uttered.

Avatar image for doozie78
#39 Posted by Doozie78 (1123 posts) -

I just have to ask, why the hell would anyone buy a corporate box of shit like this? No damn way I'd do it myself, that price is unthinkable when it comes to any "AAA" publisher.

Stop buying their crap and the cancer will subside eventually.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
#40 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1488 posts) -

Games with console price ($60), wasn't expecting any different from Ubishit.

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#41 Edited by adamosmaki (10464 posts) -

and Witcher 3 has anything to do with this??? Also there were other big releases for $60 well before Witcher 3 including Ubisoft games. Also W3 is actually a bit cheaper in EU ( you know not everyone is from UK dont you? ) compared to every other AAA game let alone you get 12euros of in game credit on Gog

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#42 Posted by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -
@adamosmaki said:

Also there were other big releases for $60 well before Witcher 3 including Ubisoft games.

America, is not the world. To repeat, again, America, is not the world.


One more time, America, is not the world.

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#43 Edited by adamosmaki (10464 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@adamosmaki said:

Also there were other big releases for $60 well before Witcher 3 including Ubisoft games.

America, is not the world. To repeat, again, America, is not the world.

One more time, America, is not the world.

And UK is not the world. Also who said i'm from America? If you read my post you will know i'm from one of EU countries and like i said the game in EU costs 46euros which is actually a tad cheaper than almost every other AAA game plus you get 12 euros of store credit plus alot of other extras ( honestly find me a better deal on any upcoming AAA game )

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#44 Posted by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -
@adamosmaki said:

This is still £46.99, with the average pc price £29.99, £34.99.
The pretend price cut is for stupid people.

So yes greedy pricks. No amount of fanboy bluster will change this.

@adamosmaki said:

( you know not everyone is from UK dont you? )

Yes, that's why the thread was about the UK.

@adamosmaki said:

Also there were other big releases for $60 well before Witcher 3 including Ubisoft games.

America, is not the world. To repeat, again, America, is not the world. One more time, America, is not the world.

@adamosmaki said:

and Witcher 3 has anything to do with this???

If you read the thread my freind, it's all perfectly clear.

I do suspect, being a fairly transparent CDP fanboy, reason will not exist regardless.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#45 Posted by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

EU countries and like i said the game in EU costs

What has this got to do with the UK pricing?

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#46 Posted by adamosmaki (10464 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

EU countries and like i said the game in EU costs

What has this got to do with the UK pricing?

Let me see you started a topic complaining about prices and you didnt mention it was about UK prices so yeah W3 price in EU is actually lower than other games and you get alot of goodies as well

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#47 Posted by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

EU countries and like i said the game in EU costs

What has this got to do with the UK pricing?

Let me see you started a topic complaining about prices and you didnt mention it was about UK prices so yeah W3 price in EU is actually lower than other games and you get alot of goodies as well

So nothing, essentially. Just a bit rant trying to defend CDP for the sake of it.

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#48 Posted by adamosmaki (10464 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

This is still £46.99, with the average pc price £29.99, £34.99.

The pretend price cut is for stupid people.

So yes greedy pricks. No amount of fanboy bluster will change this.

@adamosmaki said:

( you know not everyone is from UK dont you? )

Yes, that's why the thread was about the UK.

@adamosmaki said:

Also there were other big releases for $60 well before Witcher 3 including Ubisoft games.

America, is not the world. To repeat, again, America, is not the world. One more time, America, is not the world.

@adamosmaki said:

and Witcher 3 has anything to do with this???

If you read the thread my freind, it's all perfectly clear.

I do suspect, being a fairly transparent CDP fanboy, reason will not exist regardless.

You cant read do you ? Its 46euros not freaking pounds. If this topic you started is about the price in UK you should have stated so we dont reply

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#49 Edited by uninspiredcup (21249 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

This is still £46.99, with the average pc price £29.99, £34.99.

The pretend price cut is for stupid people.

So yes greedy pricks. No amount of fanboy bluster will change this.

@adamosmaki said:

( you know not everyone is from UK dont you? )

Yes, that's why the thread was about the UK.

@adamosmaki said:

Also there were other big releases for $60 well before Witcher 3 including Ubisoft games.

America, is not the world. To repeat, again, America, is not the world. One more time, America, is not the world.

@adamosmaki said:

and Witcher 3 has anything to do with this???

If you read the thread my freind, it's all perfectly clear.

I do suspect, being a fairly transparent CDP fanboy, reason will not exist regardless.

You cant read do you ? Its 46euros not freaking pounds. If this topic you started is about the price in UK you should have stated so we dont reply

You're right. I can't. It's actually £49.99. So yea, CPD, still greedy pricks.

To be perfectly clear my friend, in case you are still not aware, we are purely, speaking about the UK. As in British Sterling. Not Dollars. Not Euros, pounds.

Telling me about the price of euro's on X website is more or less irrelevant. It's great if you guys get a good deal, I'm happy for you. For us, we are currently and most likely in the future, getting fucked.

Avatar image for Byshop
#50 Posted by Byshop (17297 posts) -

@uninspiredcup complains about Steam pricing thread number 9,218.

-Byshop