Age of Conan OR Warhammer Online??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
So by the looks of them I like both, is there any major (and not obvious) differences between the two? I can get WAR for $20, but I don't mind spending an extra 30 for a better game. What does everyone here prefer, AoC or WAR? BTW, one thing that I really dislike is a crappy community (WoW) so any guesses on which is going to be better?
KronikX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KronikX9
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

I've heard a lot of people left Age of Conan because there's no content after the initial starting area. Well there is, it's just not very fun. This is what I've heard I haven't played the game so I could be completely wrong.

I am however playing Warhammer, and if you ever played Dark Age of Camelot it is a lot like that with large RvR battles being its main focus. What I like about it the most is there's a ton to do from level 1, from maxing out your influence for each chapter, leveling up your renown, leveling up your rank, doing Public Quests (favorite thing so far), scenarios and professions to name a few of the things you can do. Though the professions seem like an after thought, they're still fun.

So personally I say go with Warhammer, because it's the most fun I've ever had with an MMO in a long time (The queues for the servers suck though). But don't just take my word for it, since I dont have any experience with Age of Conan.

Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

BTW, one thing that I really dislike is a crappy communityalbi321

Then you should pick the one with the smaller community, which gets worse the bigger it gets. None of these MMORPGs attract more a**holes than the other.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="albi321"]BTW, one thing that I really dislike is a crappy communityErlkoenig

Then you should pick the one with the smaller community, which gets worse the bigger it gets. None of these MMORPGs attract more a**holes than the other.

I was about to say that.

It's really just an excuse to hate on one game. All the "bad" players dont go to one game over the other, all games get these kinds of people.

Kofski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kofski
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Do urself a favour and stay away from AOC..... The game is choppy, no matter how good ur system is, the combat system was hyped so much by funcom but it really stinks. The game is heavily instanced... like in wow you can roam the entire continent without instancing, in AOC even houses are instanced... Feels more like a game such as neverwinter nights rather than an mmo game. They just stuffed it up in general... lack of end game content, flawed pvp implementation, they pretty much released a beta. I won't get started on the amount of updates.

Stay away from AOC and give warhammer online a go, i am after i get over the disapointment called age of conan.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
I've been playing Warhammer a ton, loving it. Have a great guild right now, can't wait till real launch on Thursday.
Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts
I have both games, I played aoc for a month. It's not bad, but you need a pretty serious machine to get it to look pretty and to be honest it lost it's appeal for me pretty quick. I ended up back in WoW. I got WAR yesterday, and I find it a lot more enjoyable then AoC ever was. I do find it's a bit rough around the edges, but no worse then AoC, and the pvp in WAR is (for me at least) a hell of a lot better. I feel like WAR is more fun in general, so I'd have to recomend it out of the two.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
I played AoC with my brother, and we were both heavily dissapointed. My brother played in the WAR open beta and is now playing the real game, and he says it's amazing (he also loved dark age of camelot). I might join him and his friends later on, I'm not sure I want to play a MMO right now.
regnumekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 regnumekal
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts
http://www.yougamers.com/previews/20639_warhammer_online_-_first_impressions/ - A better game at launch than WoW was
sundquist11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sundquist11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
AoC is the worst game in the history, all that u do is quests then after lvl 20 it blows do not play this game im going to try warhammer which looks promising with RvR battles, do what u like but im just say AoC for me was bad
modai119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 modai119
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
Between the 2 I'd say go for Warhammer. AoC has a nice concept but like SWG it all went wrong...
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I would take Warhammer over AoC any day.

I am debating of buying WAR tomorrow, I played the closed beta but was not really impressed. Hopefully it has changed some.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
AoC has clearly failed, just today the head has resigned due to the lack luster performance of the game after the huge rush for it.
PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts

I would take Warhammer over AoC any day.

I am debating of buying WAR tomorrow, I played the closed beta but was not really impressed. Hopefully it has changed some.

Expo_Smacko

The difference between Closed Beta and now is STAGGERING.