Afterfall Incredible Release Deal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TCheetor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TCheetor
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

http://afterfall-universe.com/en/index

This is pretty incredible! What do you guys think?

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
I'm on mobile. U fail @ linking. What is it?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Very cool, but its never going to happen.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
I thought they'd get close to 1 million, because of some generous souls out there that want to do good for charity, but apparently they won't get even 50K, it was at around 12K last week, they might not even get 30K if it goes like this.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I think they made the target too lofty for anyone to really think it could be done. If the target was 1 million preorders, I bet we'd see many more people buying into this tactic. Just my opinion.

Avatar image for Majd_Abdulqadir
Majd_Abdulqadir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Majd_Abdulqadir
Member since 2009 • 295 Posts

10 million? Within a little more than a month? For an unknown indie title?

These guys seem to have very little business sense. Even AAA titles have a hard time selling 10 million copies!

Also, those guys who preordered are losing the bet, so they'll be asked to pay full price come payday.

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts
I can't see they would believe in this themselves... how can you even possibly imagine that an unknown title would sell 10 million copies, and in that time window? Even if it was completely free I'm sure there wouldn't be 10 million people trying the game. They would need to have ads on every major and minor gaming site and forum out there and maybe some TV advertising too to make it happen.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
I'm on mobile. U fail @ linking. What is it?DevilMightCry
Gamespot fails at linking been broken for months and yes i know of but that's annoying.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJ_Headshot

Its a scam ten million will never happen even if they released it for free even it wouldn't get that many downloads. Even a high profile game given away for free would not reach that many downloads within the the time frame possibly not even within its life span.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
And here comes the legal print: 2.3. If by Release Date Seller will collect 10,000,000 (ten million) of orders, the final retail price for the Key for the Game will be offered $1 for Buyers. In this case, Manufacturer (according to his declaration) will transfer to charity an amount of 10% of the total amount of orders made ​​in the sale of the PRE-ORDER. 2.4. If the condition is not described in the previous section, the final selling price in the ordinary (normal) basis will be $ 33.90 and the total amount received by the Manufacturer of pre-orders (less the costs incurred by him) will be transferred by the Manufacturer to charity (in accordance with the Manufacturer\'s declaration) . The actual price is $33.90.
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
[QUOTE="dannenissan2"]And here comes the legal print: 2.3. If by Release Date Seller will collect 10,000,000 (ten million) of orders, the final retail price for the Key for the Game will be offered $1 for Buyers. In this case, Manufacturer (according to his declaration) will transfer to charity an amount of 10% of the total amount of orders made ​​in the sale of the PRE-ORDER. 2.4. If the condition is not described in the previous section, the final selling price in the ordinary (normal) basis will be $ 33.90 and the total amount received by the Manufacturer of pre-orders (less the costs incurred by him) will be transferred by the Manufacturer to charity (in accordance with the Manufacturer\'s declaration) . The actual price is $33.90.

I dont understand, its still 1 dollar if there is 10 million people who preorder, and if there arent you still wont pay 33.90 dollars unless you want to. Therefore either way you are still only paying 1 dollar which is what they are advertising.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Headshot
[QUOTE="dannenissan2"]And here comes the legal print: 2.3. If by Release Date Seller will collect 10,000,000 (ten million) of orders, the final retail price for the Key for the Game will be offered $1 for Buyers. In this case, Manufacturer (according to his declaration) will transfer to charity an amount of 10% of the total amount of orders made ​​in the sale of the PRE-ORDER. 2.4. If the condition is not described in the previous section, the final selling price in the ordinary (normal) basis will be $ 33.90 and the total amount received by the Manufacturer of pre-orders (less the costs incurred by him) will be transferred by the Manufacturer to charity (in accordance with the Manufacturer\'s declaration) . The actual price is $33.90.

Should be $20