After CoH: Opposing Fronts...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

varpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 varpad
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
I was a bit surprised whenI heared the first details about the expansion to Company of Heroes. I was expecting to see theintroductionofthe Soviets as a third side. Instead of that we will see the British and the Panzer Elite... Nevertheless I'm still convinced that sooner or later the Soviets will appear in CoH. Maybe in a second expansion or something... What do you think?
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I reckon, due to popular 'demand' and due the Eastern front being the next intelligent location for the campaign there is a high chance the Russians will be seeing action next.
I'm glad they decided to add British though. Their accents are also great as well.
stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts
I hope they put russia and japan in thenext one
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

yeah, i was really hoping for the british and soviets... but at least the british are in!

relic has shown with dawn of war that they are happy to release more than one expansion for their popular games, and that they will continue adding armies... they soviets would make such a great addition

as much as i would've liked to see the soviets, i would rather relic now focus all its attention ona (hopefully & probablyin development) dawn of war sequel

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
hopefully they'll make a homeworld 3 after.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts
i hope they add 3 next the russians ***'s and italians, maybe add some naval battles.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

It would be cool to play with germans and japans

because you never play with them.

Empty_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Empty_Rage
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts
They said naval battles would be tricky, but not out of the question. There really different thing they'll be doing is humanizing the Wehrmacht.
Avatar image for westsidejedi360
westsidejedi360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 westsidejedi360
Member since 2007 • 761 Posts
They should add the Italians and the Greeks next. Then an Italian power could be "Radio Germans for help", and a Greek power could be "Embarass the Italians by beating them with really old rifles and unprepared units"
drnick7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drnick7
Member since 2004 • 995 Posts
I'm sure they'll add the Soviets, most likely in the next expansion. I wouldn't count on the Italians or the Japanese though; the Italians barely fought at all (the Wehrmacht comprised most of Italy's defense), and I don't think the Japanese fighting style, along with their lack of up-to-date equipment, would make for a very good RTS faction.
Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts
Maybe naval battles with ships instead of buildings? And you can deploy landers with infantry and tanks and stuff to take over points on islands? Only problem would be scaling since this is a pretty realistic game in terms of scale.
varpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 varpad
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
The Soviets (or Russians) would be an interesting side, totally different from the current ones... With extremly cheap infantry and excelent T-34 tanks. Oh, and the katyusha rocket launchers... that would be great!
DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
i really want to see a Russian front. but i dont know what they'd do for another Germany side tho. i mean we already got the Wermacht and Waffen SS....err Panzer Elite, sry