This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

It is pretty darn good and has enough content to keep you occupied for quite a while. It is was clearly inspired by metroidvanias. The game isnt really all that similar to minecraft other than the fact that you can build and place blocks.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

So i never actually picked this game up or really played it, I am wondering what the folks in here thought of it? I was looking for a sale on it but the best I can find is the steam $10 price. Is this game worth a ten-spot? 

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I would absolutely spend $10 on it. I found it to be far more enjoyable than minecraft. Theres so many challenging bosses, armour to craft, weapons to make. Plus there should be a new update soons that adds tons of new stuff. Its also a lot of fun with friends, but can still be enjoyed single player.

Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts

Originally played it because I thought it was 2D Minecraft, didn't like it because it wasn't.

Came back to it two years later and treated it like an RPG, loved it.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Yeah, i think im gonna go for it, thanks for the info's.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I bought it cheap during a steam sale over a year ago.. I still haven't really played much of it. Part of my backlog. The game looks good and they put in so many updates that added a LOT of content.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

its damn fun, and worth double $10...which is, what? 30? Something like that...who is counting.

Seriously, though, great game, good fun, light-hearted

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Was the first sandbox game I've ever played, I didn't like it at first because I didn't get what I had to do. Once I figured out how the crafting menu and the houses worked I vanished from the rest of the interwebz until I finished my pagoda, found all the merchants and forged the last piece of Hallowed armor :cool:

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

I would absolutely spend $10 on it. I found it to be far more enjoyable than minecraft. Theres so many challenging bosses, armour to craft, weapons to make. Plus there should be a new update soons that adds tons of new stuff. Its also a lot of fun with friends, but can still be enjoyed single player.

KABCOOL

I agree with everything you said, except for the "update" part.

The terraria devs have already gone on record stating that the last update, was literally "THE LAST UPDATE".

awesome game though, i personally pre-purchased back before it came out, so the the TC, I say yes very much worth $10.  so much fun if you can get a friend to play it with you.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="KABCOOL"]

MonoSilver

The terraria devs have already gone on record stating that the last update, was literally "THE LAST UPDATE".

awesome game though, i personally pre-purchased back before it came out, so the the TC, I say yes very much worth $10.  so much fun if you can get a friend to play it with you.

ahem.

I stand corrected.  Well it was the devs who said they were done updating the game about a year ago.  Either way, this is good news.  Gives me a reason to go back and replay it again.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
I bought it ages ago but barely played it as my backlog of games is getting way too large. I'm going to jump back into it once the new update comes out though.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonoSilver

[QUOTE="KABCOOL"]

Rage010101

ahem.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

So i never actually picked this game up or really played it, I am wondering what the folks in here thought of it? I was looking for a sale on it but the best I can find is the steam $10 price. Is this game worth a ten-spot? 

jer_1

Great game, i spent dozens of hours on it, so it's easily worth 10 bucks for me, if not much more than that.

Basically, it's a 2D metroidvania action-platformer in which you can build a crap load of stuff, including better gear.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

ahem.

I stand corrected.  Well it was the devs who said they were done updating the game about a year ago.  Either way, this is good news.  Gives me a reason to go back and replay it again.

Yea I can't wait for the new update to rise. Gonna go back and give it a another playthrough. Looks like theres gonna be some cool stuff too, hopefully its out soon
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonoSilver
Yeah I remember the furore about the support ending. I think it was all a bit ridiculous considering the amount of hours you can currently get out of the game for the tiny price.
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
I found Minecraft more enjoyable simply because it was 3D.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

its damn fun, and worth double $10...which is, what? 30? Something like that...who is counting.

Seriously, though, great game, good fun, light-hearted

mrbojangles25

It's worth a full retail game if you enjoy it.. I have logged in more hours then many of the "blockbuster" games this gen.. 

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]

ahem.

KABCOOL

Yea I can't wait for the new update to rise. Gonna go back and give it a another playthrough. Looks like theres gonna be some cool stuff too, hopefully its out soon

Im still waiting on the SPAZ update as well.  I mean, the game works fine, but they said theyre going to add more content for a while now lol

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I bought it during one of the Steam sales on an impulse and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  In fact, since playing it, I have bought extra copies and gifted them to my three nephews who have also enjoyed the game quite a bit.  Personally, I enjoy Terraria more than Minecraft.

Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

There's going to be another BIG update, probably at the end of next month.  The game will most likely go on a 50%-75% sale at that time, so I'd wait until then.  You'll get to enjoy even more content at a cheaper price.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Yeah I remember the furore about the support ending. I think it was all a bit ridiculous considering the amount of hours you can currently get out of the game for the tiny price.MonoSilver

It wasn't about "support ending", it was about support only going to the console versions despite Relogic's claim to keep the game updated for a while.

As usual the wannabe paladins of the industry have to twist things to justify their condescending attitude :roll: