about SWTOR early access

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhon9728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 jhon9728
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts
will the early access entries be spread out over the 13th or will some people not even get in until the last day? I like redeemed my code last week and was wasndering how long I am looking to wait?
Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

the earlier you redeem your code the earlier you get in.

jhon9728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jhon9728

Selkc

that does not answer the question lol, asking because i redeemed so late, how late can will i get in?

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

[QUOTE="Selkc"]

jhon9728

that does not answer the question lol, asking because i redeemed so late, how late can will i get in?

Only Bioware knows. I put my code in on July 21st and I still have no idea what day Im starting.
siriusbusiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 siriusbusiness
Member since 2011 • 87 Posts

[QUOTE="jhon9728"]

[QUOTE="Selkc"]

IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Only Bioware knows. I put my code in on July 21st and I still have no idea what day Im starting.

obviously tomorow

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I'm hoping to start my session soon. It sucks that they are very quiet on the whole early access thing.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

I'm hoping to start my session soon. It sucks that they are very quiet on the whole early access thing.

JangoWuzHere
It's true, but maybe they're finalizing the Early Access and prepping the servers.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Sorry for the double post, but I believe this deserves it's own post.

To answer your question TC. I believe the people who pre-ordered within the first few days will get in tomorrow(the 13th) and the rest will be the 20th. If you notice on the site, it says, "Pre-order NOW and get up to 5 days Early Access."

jhon9728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jhon9728

maybe when they say up to 5 days prior they mean you'll get in 13-15th for early access? meaning i'll be in that 15th slot

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

They posted that they were going to stagger the dates that people get in. The better launch goes the more emails \ invites go out. They dont want to tell everyone ahead of time incase there are problems.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Steameffekt
It's true, but maybe they're finalizing the Early Access and prepping the servers.

Yeah, there's a ton of people who want in.. server maintenance and stability... yeah, in a perfect world.. they should let us all play on the 13th.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elann2008

Sorry for the double post, but I believe this deserves it's own post.

To answer your question TC. I believe the people who pre-ordered within the first few days will get in tomorrow(the 13th) and the rest will be the 20th. If you notice on the site, it says, "Pre-order NOW and get up to 5 days Early Access."

Steameffekt

I highly doubt that. Because why would they send an early access pre-code for everyone that pre-ordered? That makes absolutely zero sense. The early access offer is still there for those that choose to pre-order.

Look on Amazon.com for example:

Amazon.com Bonus Offer

Pre-order Bonus Offer
Pre-Order Star Wars: The Old Republic and get early game access and a color stone to change your weapon effect. A one-time use code for early game access and color stone will be sent to you via email after you have completed your purchase. Limit one code per customer. Codes tied to canceled orders will be deactivated. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last.

You could pre-order it right now and still get a code and redeem it. If they were not going to let you in at all between 13th-19th, then that's false-advertising. Now, the fact that you may or may not get in during those days is another story, but that doesn't mean their intentions were to never let you get in.

And for the record, it's 7 days, NOT 5 days. It says so on SWTOR official website FAQs page. And many websites have already announced it. When this happened, the original early access date of the 15th was also changed to the 13th.

Conclusion: Everyone who pre-ordered and REDEEMED the code will get in on one of those 7 days. There's no guarantee which day you'll get in until you receive in email from BioWare with your scheduled date and time. If you get in on the first day (13th) you will obviously get to play all of those 7 days. Now, if you opt to cancel your pre-order during one of those 7 days, your early access trial will be terminated immediately.

Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

well how the beta weekend worked was that a couple of times a day waves of people were let in. that's probably how itll work from tomorrow on.

Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
Eternal_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Eternal_Phoenix
Member since 2003 • 9227 Posts
If I remember correctly, if you redeemed your code regards of when you did, you will get at least one day of early access. Some people will get 7 days of early access, some 6, some 5, etc and some only one day.... thats life. Tomorrow, Bioware will send EVERYONE an email with their early access date! Check the official swtor site under FAQs, I know I saw the above info there some days ago...
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Eternal_Phoenix"]If I remember correctly, if you redeemed your code regards of when you did, you will get at least one day of early access. Some people will get 7 days of early access, some 6, some 5, etc and some only one day.... thats life. Tomorrow, Bioware will send EVERYONE an email with their early access date! Check the official swtor site under FAQs, I know I saw the above info there some days ago...

Yes. It's first come, first serve basis. Those that pre-ordered in December will most likely only get 1-2 days hehehe. That includes me. :P Sucks because I could sure use a head start over other people. Gawd knows if I'll find the time to play it after winter break. :P
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"][QUOTE="jhon9728"]

siriusbusiness

obviously tomorow

Not necessarily. They are allowing people in in waves throughout each day to try to keep servers and such as stable as they can. If there are major enough problems, then even some of the people who pre-ordered day 1 could not get in the first day of Early Access. As for when you'll get in, its very up in the air. It also depends on how they work. If they can get many people in quickly and effectively, you could get in during the first few days (since you were at the tail end of inputting it). If there are problems, then you will get (as stated by Bioware) "at least one day".
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
[QUOTE="siriusbusiness"]

[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"] Only Bioware knows. I put my code in on July 21st and I still have no idea what day Im starting. lx_theo

obviously tomorow

Not necessarily. They are allowing people in in waves throughout each day to try to keep servers and such as stable as they can. If there are major enough problems, then even some of the people who pre-ordered day 1 could not get in the first day of Early Access. As for when you'll get in, its very up in the air. It also depends on how they work. If they can get many people in quickly and effectively, you could get in during the first few days (since you were at the tail end of inputting it). If there are problems, then you will get (as stated by Bioware) "at least one day".

Dude, if you preordered any time in July you will get in tomorrow. In fact, if you preordered from July-September you will probably get in tomorrow. If not, then BioWare has huge issues. If BioWare can't handle 500k people trying to access their servers day one they have serious issues.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="Im_single"] Dude, if you preordered any time in July you will get in tomorrow. In fact, if you preordered from July-September you will probably get in tomorrow. If not, then BioWare has huge issues. If BioWare can't handle 500k people trying to access their servers day one they have serious issues.

The fact of the matter is that Bioware has been very careful in making sure the launch does as smooth as possible. Stephen Reid (main communication from the team to the fans over twitter) said there are very high chances preorders from day 1 will get in first day, but it's not a guarentee. They are prepping themselves for the worst, just in case. It's a safe bet people will get in, but not definite in any way.
gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

WoWs cataclysm went with out much trouble. I leveled though the worgen starter zone pretty smoothly. 80-85 zone was jam packed with lots of people. With some world pvp going on but I didn't get involved since the server I play is a pve server. Quest and move on like i always do.

Edit: I know that's an expansion but with EA's backing I still think BW should be handle the influx. I personaly always thought the staggered launch was just to hype the game and a marketing ploy

scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
[QUOTE="Eternal_Phoenix"]If I remember correctly, if you redeemed your code regards of when you did, you will get at least one day of early access. Some people will get 7 days of early access, some 6, some 5, etc and some only one day.... thats life. Tomorrow, Bioware will send EVERYONE an email with their early access date! Check the official swtor site under FAQs, I know I saw the above info there some days ago...

"Early Game Access emails will be going out in multiple waves throughout the day. You will be emailed the same day your access starts. Emails have not yet been sent. We will notify you when the first batch goes out!" Not everyone will get an email today
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"][QUOTE="jhon9728"]

siriusbusiness

obviously tomorow

Doesnt look like it so far.
Jabby250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jabby250
Member since 2011 • 524 Posts

"The first wave of Early Game Access emails have now been sent! We will let you know when the next wave goes out."