A question about my new NES.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

insanekoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 insanekoz
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

Hey,So yesterday my cousin gave me his old NES, but it didn't work, it had a fuzzy white screen. So I took it apart and cleaned the connectors along the motherborad the connector for the motherboard and for the cartridge. I turn it on and it worked! But, there are alternating vertical lines running down my screen. Is this a problem with the RF Switch, which is set to the correct channel, or do I have to open up my NES again.

Your thoughts? 

Ocelotpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Ocelotpoo
Member since 2005 • 166 Posts
From my experience there isn't too much science involved with troubleshooting the NES. Since cleaning brought it back, that may still fix the problems that you are having but I have also found that simply shaking the system can also effect the picture quality. You could also try using another cable to connect the NES to the TV which you could probably get dirt cheap on ebay.
mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

From my experience there isn't too much science involved with troubleshooting the NES. Since cleaning brought it back, that may still fix the problems that you are having but I have also found that simply shaking the system can also effect the picture quality. You could also try using another cable to connect the NES to the TV which you could probably get dirt cheap on ebay. Ocelotpoo

This would be a composite video cable. That always made mine look good.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Try blowing in it...that used to work back in tha day...
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 cspiffo
Member since 2005 • 2841 Posts
LOL!!!This is really old-school! The NES had so many problems when it was new. You now expect it to work properly after...20yrs. Ahahahahaha!!! Okay I'll stop now. The copper connectors are probably corroding. These things don't last forever yah know.