A petition to black out Steam for an hour

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts
@taxonomic said:

Actually, I don't own the site. I'm one of his writers and I was hired based on the positive feedback I received on Gamespot, as well as Giant Bomb and Youtube. He was so impressed that he specifically asked me to be his PC RPG and Editorials writer. Considering most of my reviews here managed to garner in upwards of 80+ upvotes with only 1 or two downvotes, it makes sense.

Well, you must think that you have been vindicated now then.

I would like to see how you would handle disagreements with colleagues there. I doubt that you could even stomach agreements to disagree.

@taxonomic said:

Also, I was never really banned from anywhere else, and even Jodi, the mod here, sent me a message asking why I was banned.

I suppose that you can say that, but I doubt it. After all, you have Jody's name and staff position wrong. Furthermore, she would not have to ask why since she was the GameSpot community manager, a position which has administration access to moderation records. You don't even seem to realize that she is not working here anymore either.

Also, I recall that you have said some terrible things about her in one of your previous Twitter accounts, the one named "taxonomic". Incidentally, that one has been suspended. I can't cite that post of course, since I can't see that Twitter account anymore. Yet, I don't see you posting any screenshot of that message either.

@taxonomic said:
A lot of people are flocking to us since we have been one of the champions of truth in this debate.

"Champions" indeed when you peddle conspiracy theories so readily.

@taxonomic said:

Thanks for your support Gelugon. Weedman says hi!!

Birds of the same feather flock together, I suppose.

weedman1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#52 weedman1985
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

@Gelugon_baat: Before you call someone out on something, you have to make sure that you're not guilty of it yourself. You, who have been antagonizing people ever since you joined gamespot. I see your posts on every forum and every piece of news on this website, attacking people for merely voicing their opinions. It truly takes psychotic levels of dedication to do what you do, including spying on Taxonomic's twitter account and lurking the forums for days and nights, looking for people to vent your anger at. So before you call someone else a vindictive person, you may wanna take a good look at yourself first.

But then, you never really had any self-awareness, did you? not that I remember, anyway.

I will attest that everything Taxonomic said is true. Niche gamer is not owned by him, but rather by a guy who goes by the name Brandon Orselli. You can find him on twitter and ask him yourself. Also, Taxonomic did indeed receive a message from Jody. I saw it with my own eyes. The reason he only opened it now is because he didn't log into his account ever since the day he was banned. The reason behind the email was, as stated in the letter - her amazement at finding out that he was banned and not knowing why. The reason behind the ban was "missing" from the logs and the mod that did it was on vacation.

Furthermore, if you ever even bothered to check the validity of the posts Taxonomic had posted, or indeed were paying any attention to the news surrounding the controversy, you would realize it's much more than just "conspiracy theories" and speculation. I'm not talking about screen caps and 4chan posts, either. I'm talking about real testimony from well known industry officials that confirm most of the allegations. I can't be arsed posting it all here. You can look them up yourself if you're interested. It's not too hard to find. Really though, what did you expect? you have to be wearing a pretty large tinfoil hat to not suspect that the industry might be a bit corrupt. Politicians have been doing that for years and so is traditional media. Whenever you put people in a position of power, there's bound to be at least someone out there that takes advantage of it. What make you think gaming journalism is exempt?

Lastly, if you ever bothered to listen to any of their podcasts, you would understand that Taxonomic acts very differently in real life. Whatever crap he may have said on the internet is hardly "incriminating" or indicative of his personality traits. Have you ever considered that he may have been trolling?

It seems to me like you have a personal vendetta against Taxonomic for very silly reasons. If I were to pursuit every person that pissed me off online, I'd probably go mad after a while. It's a very unhealthy way of spending your free time. Maybe it's best if you took some time off the internet, maybe go fishing? If you lived close to me I'd probably take you along. That way, at least, you might relax for a while and enjoy life. Maybe we can even be friends again, who knows? you look like you need all the friends you can get.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gelugon_baat

@weedman1985: That is one long post.

Oh, you are one to talk about me attacking other people's opinions. Perhaps you have forgotten how displeased you are at the freelancer review on Legends of Grimrock on GameSpot and all that complaints which you made? How you make convenient attacks on the "integrity" of journalists when they tell you things that you don't want to hear? How you slammed some reviewers for glossing over technical issues in Gone Home when you can give Fallout: New Vegas or Temple of Elemental Evil the benefit of the doubt?

Also, you can say all that about those messages, conspiracies and such, but really, you just push the burden of proof onto others. Heck knows how many people are like you; I should have known from the start all those years ago that you are yet another one of those persons.

With that said, really, we are just blokes on the Internet. I have friends, and they are known to me personally - not through online accounts like the ones which you and I have. Last thing that I would do is take up your offers of fishing trips - made over a gaming site no less.

taxonomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#54  Edited By taxonomic
Member since 2009 • 1107 Posts

I'm actually going to speak to you just as a guy to another guy, Gelugon, and I'm going to bow out of this eternal feud that we somehow always got locked into and I'm done.

You know, I never understood why you hated me so much. Your friends, what few you had anyway, all came to me and told me how you'd google my name and obsess over articles I had done on other sites and make snide remarks about them. For whatever reason, you've always been really obsessed about me and intent on making yourself look bad by insulting me. I always tolerated it, simply because I have my own worries in life...but I'm going to address it once, now, in this final post.

Gelugon, if you go through life being jealous of what other people have and hate on them in some passive aggressive fashion, wasting your time away with angry replies and hurtful lies intended on making others hate you back for attention, then you're going to live a very short and unfulfilled life. A big part of the reason your friends left you and came to me, and why I had so many followers and appreciation heaped at me is because I treated people with kindness and fairness. You didn't. You attacked people, let your bitterness get to you and allowed jealousy to influence your actions.

You want to be a writer and you're angry that I've had so much success doing it myself both here and elsewhere, and it eats you up. Problem is, rather than using that as a launching pad to improve your own situation and seize your own destiny, you angrily attack others and ruin your hopes of ever attaining that dream of yours. Me? I never have to try hard for attention, since my writing always spoke for itself. I went to college and finished my Bachelors in Journalism. I worked for several websites until finding a legitimate one that not only loved my work, but was willing to *pay* me for said work. I didn't waste my time attacking others or letting myself be destroyed by jealousy. I seized what I wanted and took it. Through hard work.

You have a mental illness, I think. You are a man controlled by his anger who will never get the things he wants. I know what those who were close to you said about your personal life, and I won't repeat any of that here because I don't think anyone needs to know it: But know that I do, and what I know is very sad. Things won't change for you until you start working on yourself and stop obsessing over people that you feel unfairly got what you felt you deserved instead.

Take that to heart, Gelugon.

Goodbye.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Wait what does steam and valve have anything to do with whats going on? If what happened to Anita and the other person is true, that is of course despicable.. But why go after Steam and Valve?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@mep69 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@-wildflower- said:

I actually agree with some of what she says. The portrayal of women in most games is pretty despicable and the (over) reaction to her videos makes a lot of gamers look like knuckle-dragging, small minded (and probably small in other ways, too) neanderthals, but "blacking out" Steam for an hour will not solve much of anything. If the video-game industry ever wants to be taken seriously as an "art" form than this is an issue that should be addressed.

Uh...what does art have to do with sexism? Is something to you only artistic to you if it's politically correct? Do you rank how artistic something is based on how little it offends someone?

I'm pretty sure you might've taken one too many magic mushrooms...

This woman (and all feminist alike) need to realise that women are genetically made weaker than men. They constantly want to have their cake and eat it. Their rights are already above any mans, they just constantly want more and more.

If they want to spread their selfish ideals, why don't they go to countries where women have no rights what so ever. Then they can prove how deeply they believe in their stuck up ways of thinking.

Honestly it's dumbass statements like this that piss me off more than anything coming close to what Anita has said.. Because no matter what tweets she or others have said about the gaming community, they don't even remotely come close to have the kind of impact of people from the actual community saying stupid ass shit like this.. This is basically proving her point many times fold in which people can point to dumbass comments like this and go "see what did I tell you! All manchild misogynists!".. Hopefully this is just a sarcastic remark/troll response, but I wouldn't be surprised due to the numerous responses I have seen.. You morons are only giving her more attention with comments like this..

weedman1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By weedman1985

@Gelugon_baat: That makes two of us, doesn't it? except I did it once and you're still doing it to this very day. Whatever I did back a few years ago is not me nowadays. I admit that was poor judgement on my part and I should never have posted that crap to begin with. Oh well... you live and learn, which is much more than I can say about you.

Don't worry, I wasn't posting that to make you look bad. I think you already did a good enough job without my help. Besides, If I wanted to humiliate you in public, I would have probably posted something else I know about you, which is something you're not particularly proud of.

"How you make convenient attacks on the "integrity" of journalists when they tell you things that you don't want to hear?"

I should have never replied to your post but you got me curious: Please do tell what is it that I don't wanna hear? because I honestly have no idea.

"How you slammed some reviewers for glossing over technical issues in Gone Home when you can give Fallout: New Vegas or Temple of Elemental Evil the benefit of the doubt?"

Where exactly have I "slammed" the reviewers? I never actually attacked them in person. It's okay to disagree with a review, or am I crossing the line here as well? after all, a review is just an opinion you can argue with, but you bring up a fair point so let me explain: Gone Home has absolutely nothing in the way of gameplay other than interactions with the physics engine. It's a tiny game with not much of any contents in it, so the game's technical shortcomings become a glaring issue. ToEE and F:NV are colossal games that, despite some technical issues, were for the most part playable and enjoyable. That's pretty much it. It didn't sit right with me that a very short game with next to no gameplay (and yet somehow had performance issues that no one mentioned) got 9s and 10s across the board, while F:NV - A game that probably took a lot more work to make - got middling to positive review scores. Although if you ever did pay any attention to what I said at the time, you would know that I also slammed F:NV for being unplayable until they patched the bloody thing.

I don't know what you mean by "people like me" and I'm not sure I wanna know, either. People change sometimes, Gelugon, but it seems like you did not. I'm very disappointed that you're still lurking the forums on this website, terrorizing any poor sod that you happen to disagree with, even after all these years. Not everyone shares the same world views as you do, and not everyone has to. Antagonizing any person you come across is only going to produce the exact opposite effect of what you were trying to achieve.

You know, I get the distinct feeling I'm teaching you something that should be obvious to anyone who has ever interacted with other human beings.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who told you about this, but you seem to have an unhealthy obsession over certain things which borders on insanity, and a particularly unfriendly demeanor to boot. This is probably why you never got the moderator position you always wanted. No one likes a smart ass, even if his intentions might be good. I think you already know where this is going - you are your worst enemy. I also know that you hate yourself for missing out on an opportunity to be a moderator (or possibly even a gamespot staff member) and now you are so filled with rage, you take it out on other people in some vein attempt to justify your reason for being here. Is that why you hate Taxonomic so much? because he is successful and you are not? I suggest seeking other ways of fulfilling your desires. Projecting as hard as you do is only going to get you sectioned in a hurry.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

These feminists do talk shit though. I don't know what else this woman has been QQ'ing about. But I just finished watching her Women as Background Decoration video.

I mean if I can walk down the high street in the summer and see 8/10 of the females I walk past in short skirts and their cleavge showing and hair down. Then why the f shouldn't it be presented in a vidoe game? It's not as if the video-game is misrepresenting females by showing them in sexy attire. Need For Speed didn't invent the f'ing bikini or short skirt and then put a female form in this attire to misrepresent women in video game form. This is what women wear and this is what women look like in these clothes, I see it everyday and they look sexy. Who is she going to balme for women walking around on a friday night looking like they want to jump on the nearest **** and ride it till the wheels fall off.? Activision, EA? who.. if not life itself, it's the way things are and doing of the modern world. Tmen like women and women like men. Women make themsleves look good to attract men. Video games imitate life, end of story.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gelugon_baat

@taxonomic: That's a lot of suppositions which you are making about me there. Pot calling the kettle black, I would say.

Perhaps I should say here that when I was becoming active at GameSpot, back in 2009, I already have a job which I want. It isn't about writing and journalism either. It does not even have anything to do with games. In fact, I didn't want a job concerning games, and I certainly don't want it now.

Furthermore, you are one to talk about others having mental illness when you make conspiracy theories so easily. You also rant a lot, not to mention that you treat Twitter as a convenient outlet for remarks which you make on a whim. You also think that I am being somehow jealous of you. Well, I would tell you this: you are not the kind of person whom I want to be.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Gelugon_baat

@weedman1985: You don't want to hear people praising games which you don't like for one. You don't like to hear people bashing games which you don't like too. Also, this quirk of yours had been going on long before Legends of Grimrock. "Under-rated" and "over-rated" are phrases which you love to use in these other instances.

As for you slamming the reviewer, perhaps I should cite your blog post here, one where you specifically cited another person's name. Also, you have made some convenient excuses there for your regard for Fallout: New Vegas. I suppose that you can overlook technical issues as long as the game entertains you while you point out the technical issues in games which you don't like. That's quite the double standard which you have there.

Furthermore, you are one to talk about me antagonizing others. Perhaps you don't confront anyone else directly, but you haven't noticed that you have made a lot of rants on your blog posts, don't you? Rants about how other people do things that you don't like? In fact, you are making rants even in this thread, albeit you are now directing them at me because you think that you have some high ground of sorts.

Moreover, I never had wanted to be a moderator. I don't know how you come to this perception, but I have noticed that it's been going around a lot - usually by people who have a poor regard of me. I certainly won't deny that.

weedman1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 weedman1985

@Gelugon_baat: I never used the term "over rated". I may have implied that some games do not deserve the praise they get, but "over-rated" is a term I don't use very often, if ever, so you're wrong about that.

Also, yes, I don't like it when games that I dislike get high praise when games that I like get shat on. I'm not sure why I'm supposed not to do that? It's a common reaction any human might have, and it's not necessarily a trait of someone who is a "douchebag" as you say.

"I suppose that you can overlook technical issues as long as the game entertains you while you point out the technical issues in games which you don't like. That's quite the double standard which you have there."

I point out technical issues in every game I play, even the ones I like. Have you even read any of my reviews? I guess not. Also, I saw no mention of Fallout New Vegas in that article. There is no double standard. I think you're projecting again. Not that it matters much anyway since most of my reviews are sloppily written joke reviews that no one in his right mind would ever take seriously.

"you are making rants even in this thread, albeit you are now directing them at me because you think that you have some high ground of sorts."

If you can call those "rants" then so be it. Not sure what your point is, though. Am I not supposed to criticize anyone I like? This is my blog and my own space where I can say pretty much anything I want (as long as I don't break the law). That's what blogs are for. You were barred from my blog for that specific reason and yet you still read it from time to time. Why? even after all those years, you're still interested in what I have to say? I don't know if I should be flattered or concerned. Seriously though, this is getting a bit mental. Also, yes, I do have a high ground of sorts.

"Moreover, I never had wanted to be a moderator. I don't know how you come to this perception, but I have noticed that it's been going around a lot - usually by people who have a poor regard of me. I certainly won't deny that."

That's a flat out lie. I remember clearly the thread where they were discussing you as a possible moderator. You failed to be accepted as a moderator because you had a moderation history. Funny isn't it? you claiming to be on a moral high ground when in fact you had a bad rep even with the mods? I know much more about you than you think.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Gelugon_baat
@weedman1985 said:

I never used the term "over rated". I may have implied that some games do not deserve the praise they get, but "over-rated" is a term I don't use very often, if ever, so you're wrong about that.

Oh, that's a conveniently selective defense.

@weedman1985 said:

Also, yes, I don't like it when games that I dislike get high praise when games that I like get shat on. I'm not sure why I'm supposed not to do that? It's a common reaction any human might have, and it's not necessarily a trait of someone who is a "douchebag" as you say.

Sure, it may be a common reaction, but it's how you react that may or may not make you out like a douche. Just so you are reminded, you have made a lot of attacks on the "integrity" and "professionalism" of other people - and not without your own bias.

@weedman1985 said:

Not that it matters much anyway since most of my reviews are sloppily written joke reviews that no one in his right mind would ever take seriously.

Yet you would critique the reviews of others. How conveniently one-sided.

@weedman1985 said:
You were barred from my blog for that specific reason and yet you still read it from time to time.

"Barred"? You don't realize that your blog posts are now publicly viewable, do you?

@weedman1985 said:

If you can call those "rants" then so be it. Not sure what your point is, though. Am I not supposed to criticize anyone I like?

Ah... so you can criticize anyone as you like, but you pose my own remarks about other people as "attacking" their opinions. I suppose that you think that criticism only works one way, namely from you unto others.

@weedman1985 said:

Why? even after all those years, you're still interested in what I have to say? I don't know if I should be flattered or concerned. Seriously though, this is getting a bit mental. Also, yes, I do have a high ground of sorts.

You also have a huge ego.

@weedman1985 said:

That's a flat out lie. I remember clearly the thread where they were discussing you as a possible moderator. You failed to be accepted as a moderator because you had a moderation history.

Cite it with a link then, if you "remember it clearly", or perhaps you are pushing the burden of proof onto others again?

Also, I do know that some moderators here had moderation histories before they even get their badge, like JP_.

In fact, I will cite a thread here where selected moderators mention the offenses that they have made in the past. If you are insinuating that moderators don't get to have their badges because they had been moderated before, you are poorly informed.

weedman1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By weedman1985

@Gelugon_baat: Sorry, but I feel this conversation has to end. I've already said what needed to be said. After all, I don't need to prove anything to you since you already know what I'm talking about. Besides, this is an empty argument that has no real purpose other than shit flinging and I'm ashamed to have even taken part in it. Don't bother replying to this post since I won't be reading it, though I'm pretty sure that won't stop you from doing so anyway.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Just when I thought I couldn't hate feminists and Anita Sarkeesian anymore I am proven wrong. A woman who doesn't play video games a demanding a developer who did nothing wrong to shut their service down so customers who did nothing wrong have to suffer. That is rich.

Also for people who say men aren't objectified in video games need I remind everyone that many male characters are buff and/or have huge muscles.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I've said it several times. Create a fun game, with great gameplay and a good story and I'll play it. I could care less about political pampering.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Yes lets tell steam to stop working for an hour and lose a ton of money because of some bs happeneing in the internet that the international steam users dont even know about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#67 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@-wildflower- said:

No, art has to more to do with not pandering to an obviously very juvenile and sophomoric user base (i.e. gaming and 90% of so-called "hardcore" gamers). If the video-game industry wants to be seriously or, as I said, as a true art form, then it's time (far past time actually) to grow up and stop creating and marketing games to maladjusted and lonely little boys.

Taken seriously BY WHO?

Artists? Nobody takes them seriously.

GeorgePattonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#68 GeorgePattonn
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm tired of these "rights groups" using video games to force their views down everyone's throats. I would be pissed if steam went offline for this bullshit about sexism. I really dont give a ****. Just let me game.

Ladiesman17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#69  Edited By Ladiesman17
Member since 2008 • 1280 Posts

@taxonomic@weedman1985@Gelugon_baat

Taxo, I think I remember why you banned, you criticize GameSpot E3 front layout. HAHAHA

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Liberals and their imaginary movements for imaginary discriminations.