A good MMORPG to play?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ze_carvingheadz
ze_carvingheadz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ze_carvingheadz
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
Thinking about getting a MMORPG. Guild Wars looks good, and its free. Has anyone played it and liked it?
neo16161616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 neo16161616
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts
I like it but wait for Guild Wars 2 to come out. Good game and very addictive. Good Graphics. FREE! Worth it! Also has 2 expansions. Guild wars factions and guild wars Nightfall. Guild wars should come out next year i think so buy guild wars.:D
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
Thinking about getting a MMORPG. Guild Wars looks good, and its free. Has anyone played it and liked it?ze_carvingheadz
Guild Wars isnt an MMORPG, but I wouldnt reccomend any MMORPG tbh, awaiting the inflation of WOW ROCKS posts...
flavian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 flavian2
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
i thought Lineage2 was a really good game
wi331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wi331
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts
get WoW...the $15 a month is a bit much, but worth it.
mitch4892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mitch4892
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts
Tibia is free but it's 2D but i think its good
lennaert9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lennaert9
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
guildwars is a good game, nice graphics and nice expansions. WoW is to expensive. Guild Wars 2 will become a good game, it just will ship in 2008. thats far away, so many things can happen during that time.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
[QUOTE="ze_carvingheadz"]Thinking about getting a MMORPG. Guild Wars looks good, and its free. Has anyone played it and liked it?Meu2k7
Guild Wars isnt an MMORPG, but I wouldnt reccomend any MMORPG tbh, awaiting the inflation of WOW ROCKS posts...

Right, Guild Wars isn't an MMO, but its the closest you will get to one without a monthly fee. I played it for a while back when it launched and it was a good amount of fun, interesting story to say the least. Also there are a good number of classes and skills. For another half decent MMO, go check out Anarchy Online. You can play the base game for free from now until January. Its not the best MMO, but its got a decent amount of good stuff.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
I would say guild wars it saves you more money, however it's not a real mmorpg. there is no mounts...however the world is big. i would never play wow because it is a grind fest. I have tryed city of heros, I like it but it has it's up and sdowns.
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
yes, gw is great for no monthly fee, been playing for a while now, great for PVP, ull get bored if u dont pvp...
simonbenoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 simonbenoot
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts
GW isn't a MMORPG!!
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Try Anachy on-line
kay262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 kay262
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Guild Wars is not really free if you think of it. The price of the box is the equivalent of 3 months subscription fees for most other mmos. And unless you are into PvP its pretty unlikely you will get 3 months of fun out of Guild Wars. It already has 2 expansions, each costs just as much as the original game and they add quite a few features that make the game better so in order to enjoy this game you will have to spend quite a bit so no, its not free at all. Its not a MMO and the gameplay is very different from other MMOS but its not a bad game at all. Its very pretty, can be played at full settings on modest PCs, very original concept, its a lot of fun IF you manage to get into a nice group you can play with regularly. Warning:next to impossible to play solo if you dont have the expansions!......matter of taste, very hard to rate this one. Try it for yourself is the best way :)

Personally, after playing quite a few mmos i finally chose Saga of Ryzom, its looking great, has a wonderful community and very nice and compex gameplay, no other mmo kept me playing for so long. The game client is free, has a free trial, subscription fees are the standard $15/month and you dont need a credit card to pay. Give it a try, who knows maybe you'll like it.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Saw Guild wars in special a while back for only 19.99 canadian and couldn't resist and my friend got it also and we both couldn't get into it and i really tried. And its not a Mmorpg.

Only good mmorpg out now is Wow but looks like theres a ton of new ones coming out this year or early 2008.

ImDrFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 ImDrFreak
Member since 2002 • 1492 Posts
guildwars is a good game, nice graphics and nice expansions. WoW is to expensive. Guild Wars 2 will become a good game, it just will ship in 2008. thats far away, so many things can happen during that time.lennaert9
WoW is too expensive. I love this argument. Guild Wars (all three expansions) = $119.97 WoW (plus BC) = $59.98 Now, yes... WoW has a monthly fee. $14.99 per month. That said, to level three characters (one for each expansion) in GW it takes about 2.5 months. Let's add in the cost of 2.5 months of WoW... well, the first month is free, so let's throw in one month of service at $14.99, bringing the total to $74.97. Now, let's assume that after taking three GW characters to max, you play the only thing left to do in that game, which is PVP. The average person would tire of it after a month. So, let's add in another month to WoW. total is now GW=$119.97, WoW=$89.96 In the long run, if you kept playing WoW, it would be more expensive eventually... but you'd still be enjoying it, whereas GW probably has two to three months of gameplay in it total. Plus, $14.99 per month is pocket change. I don't understand what people are complaining about. It's a MONTHS worth of entertaiment for less than it would cost for two hours at a movie theater. Math is hard!
Lionheart_VIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lionheart_VIII
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts

There not expansions you can just buy the latest guild wars release in the series and still play it without owning a copy of the first two games in the series. I've played both and I feel it just comes down to what your into. The way I see it is that if your good at making friends then guild wars can be just as fun maybe even better than World of Warcraft, like I mentioned its all on your preferences.
T

Marlins4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Marlins4life
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts

I played GUild Wars for about 1 month and it wasnt tht bad but then trying out WoW on my friends free 10 day trail its a much better game with alot more to do and although it may not be as pretty and the community isnt the best ive stuck with WoW over GW for a while now

Avatar image for ze_carvingheadz
ze_carvingheadz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 ze_carvingheadz
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
get WoW...the $15 a month is a bit much, but worth it.wi331
I saw some people playing WOW and it isn't even fun looking or worth the monthly charge
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
I think its good no to play one.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
EVE Online is the best MMO out. MMO's are worth of the monthly fee. Hours of fun costs only one dollar.
IgnitionUA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IgnitionUA
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

EVE Online is the best MMO out. MMO's are worth of the monthly fee. Hours of fun costs only one dollar.RK-Mara

/signed. Eve is deffinately the way to go.

I finally got wise and went to this MMO after playing WOW for over a year (and several MMOs before that). If you want a loot-based experience where you spend countless hours competing against your teammates (all while increasing your ability to become naturally greedy) for 1 particular piece of gear (that is... AFTER you hit the max level... up until then, the game is kinda fun, yet repetitive), then WOW is for you.

Eve doesn't even require you to be online in order to better yourself. The open-endedness of Eve makes it a superior product IMHO.

baylin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 baylin
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
They all have free trials.  Take the time to try them all out and draw your own conclusions.
LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#23 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
get WoW...the $15 a month is a bit much, but worth it.wi331
Dont get WoW please they dont need more ppl try LOTRO its pretty fun!
flavian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 flavian2
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

Tibia is free but it's 2D but i think its goodmitch4892

I played Tibia and hated it.I also took the WOW 14 day ttrial for $2:00 and hated it.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

Guild Wars is good, but it's not an MMO. There are no good Free 2 Play MMO's, because they are all crappy grindfests. They also all support themselves by integrating RMT, which allows players to buy in game items and money for real world money and ruins the game.  If you want to play a real MMO you have to pay. If you want Sci-Fi go with Eve or Anarchy Online. If you want Fantasy go with LOTRO or Final Fantasy XI. If you want a brain dead game that is just mindlessly fun to play go with WOW, though WOW is not nearly as great as it used to be.