64C intel core i7 3770k % full load all cores normal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fearhome21 (340 posts) -

Topic.Noctua nh-d14 dual can 64C kill my cpu time?

#2 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -
64C max is great for an Ivy Bridge CPU.. Are you planning to overclock it?
#3 Posted by fearhome21 (340 posts) -

Nope its on 3.9 ghz its fine for now! um.. the temps differ a little.. 56c at core1 core2 64C core3 57c core459c.. so if i keep my cpu at 64C core2 will i loose the time that it was designed in intel? intel says 67.7 Tcase what that means? i just want to be sure to continue my 100% load project..

#4 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -
Intel processor operation temperature FAQ.. People get much higher temps using the stock cooler. 64C is fine...
#5 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9459 posts) -

I just got a 3770k and it's temp readings suck.

My lowest core reads 11c and highest 29c at idle. At peak 100% load it swaps. Coldest core is now 86c and hottest now 78c.

There is no way that it could ever be below ambient.

I'm running 4.2 GHz and temps go all the way to 105c so says HW monitor. That's with an H80i running full speed. Yet when I touch the pump it's only a comfy warm.. Not blistering like the temp suggest. I even touched the CPU bracket and the back of the board and it's just warm.

So... I don't know what to tell you. It sucks because it's really hard to tell wth the real temps are for it.

I thought about swapping back to my 2600k because it far cooler even though it's using almost double the watts (80 vs 140).

#6 Posted by fearhome21 (340 posts) -

so if i let the core 3 at 64C for 24/7 it wont break?

#7 Posted by zaku101 (4406 posts) -

so if i let the core 3 at 64C for 24/7 it wont break?

fearhome21

No it's fine my friends hits 70c, also keep in mind when you stress your cores no normal program or game you use will hit the same level of stress as it.

#8 Posted by zaku101 (4406 posts) -

I just got a 3770k and it's temp readings suck.

My lowest core reads 11c and highest 29c at idle. At peak 100% load it swaps. Coldest core is now 86c and hottest now 78c.

There is no way that it could ever be below ambient.

I'm running 4.2 GHz and temps go all the way to 105c so says HW monitor. That's with an H80i running full speed. Yet when I touch the pump it's only a comfy warm.. Not blistering like the temp suggest. I even touched the CPU bracket and the back of the board and it's just warm.

So... I don't know what to tell you. It sucks because it's really hard to tell wth the real temps are for it.

I thought about swapping back to my 2600k because it far cooler even though it's using almost double the watts (80 vs 140).

Truth_Hurts_U

Give speedfan a try, or check if you put your heatsink on right, maybe the mobo readings are wrong or bugged.