2 games wont uninstall from my comp!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaimzl
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

i wanted to get rid of a couple of games from my comp but when i went to the control pannel and tryed to uninstall it said that the uninstall file was missing or corrupted how to i fix this?

iden2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 iden2009
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
well if every thing fails id sugest reformating your disc if u have the disc of a back up drive,also u could download some type of program that will deleate anythig u pick,also when ever u want to get rid of a gae do not ever deleate any of the files for it just go to add or....etc.......and u could try to redownload the uninstall files or simply poot in your game disc and reinstall it then remove it.theier u go.
Praline1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Praline1
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
You do not need to reformat to get rid of a game. Delete the game folders manually, then run a registry cleaner to get rid of the reg traces. Reformat is a little overkill.
Lord_Bafford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Lord_Bafford
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts

or you could download one of those thorough third party uninstalling softwares...

the program will probably try to uninstall, then give you the same error and would ask you whether you would like to continue uninstalling, do so and all will be fine :) the benefit of doing it this way is that the you don't have to delete files manually and you don't need to run a registery cleaner.

pwilletts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 pwilletts
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
Just delete the game folders and registry clean it, no need to reformat or third party uninstaller.
Gog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gog
Member since 2002 • 16376 Posts

Manually delete the game folder

use regedit to delete the remaining entry from add/remove programs under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Uninstall

Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Jaimzl
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts
and...uhhh where can i find this registery cleaner?
DarkAnjel2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkAnjel2112
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
go to "Start", hit run, and in the box type "regedit", and then use the search function to look for anything with the title of the game, or the manufacturer of the game, and keep searching and deleting these values until it tells you that there is no more, but be careful of what you are deleting.  It is better to go get an uninstaller program, or a regristry cleaner program, and they will do the work for you.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

Do a search for CrapCleaner.

It's pretty good and 100% free. 

ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts

well if every thing fails id sugest reformating your disc if u have the disc of a back up drive,also u could download some type of program that will deleate anythig u pick,also when ever u want to get rid of a gae do not ever deleate any of the files for it just go to add or....etc.......and u could try to redownload the uninstall files or simply poot in your game disc and reinstall it then remove it.theier u go.iden2009

that is so stupid. if you dotn ahev a clue abotu soemthign dont post.

Get a dedicated uninstaller from downlaod.comÂ