10 Years in the making: Tribes Ascend!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for creaturemagic27
creaturemagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 creaturemagic27
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts

So Ten years in the making, we now have the long awaited new Tribes game, Tribes Ascend. Official Website: http://www.tribesascend.com/

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

I have my reservations about the game. I am not so sure if they can really successfully replicate and update the old tribes formula. I feel like its going to be lost amongst the other big titles this year.

ExESGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ExESGO
Member since 2010 • 1895 Posts

I have my reservations about the game. I am not so sure if they can really successfully replicate and update the old tribes formula. I feel like its going to be lost amongst the other big titles this year.

tutt3r
My thoughts also.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I loved Tribes 2 back in the day. It was one of few multiplayer games that had a big focus on vehicles.

I liked Tribes Vengeance, but for some reason that game didn't sell as well. The community was much smaller. I hope this game gets popularity.

jinzo9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jinzo9988
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts

I was fortunate enough to play a Tribes 2 multiplayer demo a fairly long time after Tribes 2 was released. It was good fun. Admittedly one of the first things I did was pilot a flying vehicle and drop it on top of ground troops. I dunno though... the novelty of Tribes 2(to me) was it was one of the first shooters that had a focus on vehicles. In today's multiplayer shooter world, that's not as impressive as it once was. Plus it's not a realistic shooter so it probably won't gain mass appeal. It's not impossible but it's not probable. The only non-realistic shooter that I can recall that has really broken though over the last couple of years is the Halo series... otherwise the genre is dominated by realism like CoD, MoH and the Battlefield series.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
There's also the Tribes Online in development as well. I really hope they're good.
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

I have to be honest I never played any Tribes games. Although I heard about them. I wonder why.

Joe_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Joe_Zombie
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

If they can capture the amount of fun i had with Vengeance then I will be totally on board. Before that I played tribes on the Ps2 and it blew - Played it maybe once. But I hope they can make a satisfying game out of the new ip

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I thought I was the only one who actually enjoyed Vengeance. But yeah, I hope this is good.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#10 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Even Dynamix struggled with the follow up. Tribes is a very special game that I believe was years if not decades ahead of its time. It would take a very special team to do it justice.
Botodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Botodile
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts

Never played a Tribes game, but I've heard so much about them. I've seen a bit of stuff on this and I'm quite looking forward to it.