What games can I play on this computer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

I have a computer with some really bad specs and I'm planning to upgrade later this year. In the mean time, what kind of games can I play on this computer? I dont mean maxed out, just playable with decent graphics.

5 GB Ram

AMD Athlon II X2

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5670

swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts

I have a computer with some really bad specs and I'm planning to upgrade later this year. In the mean time, what kind of games can I play on this computer? I dont mean maxed out, just playable with decent graphics.

5 GB Ram

AMD Athlon II X2

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5670

martinX3X
You should be able to play any game just fine or even most games perfect, even crysis and metro should be very enjoyable, but you will have to lower the settings quite a bit in the more demanding titles. That Athlon II x2 and the HD5670 is not really gamer gear by today standard, but if you just want the games to run fluedly with low settings they will do just fine. Whats up with 5GB ram? Why would anyone put in more than 4GB with the hardware you have there?
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 martinX3X
[QUOTE="martinX3X"]

5 GB Ram

AMD Athlon II X2

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5670

swehunt
You should be able to play any game just fine or even most games perfect, even crysis and metro should be very enjoyable, but you will have to lower the settings quite a bit in the more demanding titles. That Athlon II x2 and the HD5670 is not really gamer gear by today standard, but if you just want the games to run fluedly with low settings they will do just fine. Whats up with 5GB ram? Why would anyone put in more than 4GB with the hardware you have there?

Thanks a lot. How well do you think this computer could run a game like sims 3? and I have no idea where there's 5GB ram lol
swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts
[QUOTE="swehunt"][QUOTE="martinX3X"]

5 GB Ram

AMD Athlon II X2

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5670

martinX3X

Thanks a lot. How well do you think this computer could run a game like sims 3? and I have no idea where there's 5GB ram lol

No prob. :) Sims 1-2-3 wont cause trouble, it even run on intergrated chipset on laptops. Why I ask bout 5GB ram is because it's a waste really going beond 4GB and on that PC particular. 1,2,3,4,6,8,12GB all can be set up with dual triple channel memory, 5GB is just odd because using 512mb sticks of RAM is so... -2001.. :P (guessing they use 2GB+2GB+512mb+512mb =5GB) Normally you would use 4GB in dualchanel = 2+2GB and have two ram slots free for another 4-8GB ram, with the 512mb sticks you have filled the last two slots with un-needed modules. Well dont worry you will run much more advanced games than sims 3, but with the worst optimized and the thoughest to run you wll need to lower the ingame settings. :)
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

There's nothing wrong with a 5670. It will play games way better than the consoles. Most games will be ok on high settings if you stay at 1680x1050 or below.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 martinX3X

There's nothing wrong with a 5670. It will play games way better than the consoles. Most games will be ok on high settings if you stay at 1680x1050 or below.

kraken2109
Thanks
Darkhell153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Darkhell153
Member since 2011 • 124 Posts

Well considering I have a 4 gb computer with a lower graphics card but a slightly faster processor and I can still run most games (even AC) on max graphics...yea you're set for about 2 more years :D

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 martinX3X

Well considering I have a 4 gb computer with a lower graphics card but a slightly faster processor and I can still run most games (even AC) on max graphics...yea you're set for about 2 more years :D

Darkhell153
Awesome! What other games do you run? Do you think I could run Just Cause 2?
mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mr_zombie60
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

Just Cause 2 is a fairly merciful game, in my opinion, it is well optimized! So you should be good! Might want to keep the anti aliasing off though. And in cities it is very cpu intensive so don't be surprised if it becomes jittery in those locations.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kraken2109

In Just Cause turning shadows and object detail from high to medium it will improve fps and have a very small effect on image quality. I noticed that dropping from 4X to 2XAA gave me about 5 more fps. You want to keep AF at at least 8x, preferably 16x to keep textures looking good at a distance.

Avatar image for Zombielvebrainz
Zombielvebrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Zombielvebrainz
Member since 2010 • 134 Posts

5GB Ram...please sir. GO DIE!

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kraken2109

5GB Ram...please sir. GO DIE!

Zombielvebrainz
You jelly? What's wrong with 5GB of ram? It might be dual channel. Even if it's not, dual channel doesn't make much difference. I'm currently running three 2GB sticks since corsair sent me too many :P