Your opinion on Left 4 Dead 2

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

In your opinion what do you think of Left 4 Dead 2? Because I just watch videos on Youtube and I was looking up some LAN parties people did and posted it on Youtube and I saw one of 4 friends playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it looked pretty good at what I saw. I don't know if it would be worth buying or not I just want to hear your opinions.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's a fun game. It's what? $20 or less? Totally worth every penny. And judging by your avatar, you gotta like Zombie games. I love zombie games so this game is a huge plus for me.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#3 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I thought the game was great and it is also only $20. There is still a lot of people playing it too.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sweetbackhair
It's a fun game. It's what? $20 or less? Totally worth every penny. And judging by your avatar, you gotta like Zombie games. I love zombie games so this game is a huge plus for me.Elann2008
Yeah I just checked it on Steam, it's only $20.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's a fun game. It's what? $20 or less? Totally worth every penny. And judging by your avatar, you gotta like Zombie games. I love zombie games so this game is a huge plus for me.Sweetbackhair

Just to let you know, there's a user made map that will be included in an official DLC launch by Valve. It's in beta form right now and it's pretty good. You'll have plenty of campaigns to play with your buddies or other players online. Plenty of community to go around and you shouldn't have a hard time finding a lobby/game.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sweetbackhair
[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's a fun game. It's what? $20 or less? Totally worth every penny. And judging by your avatar, you gotta like Zombie games. I love zombie games so this game is a huge plus for me.Elann2008

Just to let you know, there's a user made map that will be included in an official DLC launch by Valve. It's in beta form right now and it's pretty good. You'll have plenty of campaigns to play with your buddies or other players online. Plenty of community to go around and you shouldn't have a hard time finding a lobby/game.

Yeah I'm debating on getting it now or wait until I upgrade my desktop later on because I'm not sure if my laptop will run this game well at all.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Awesome Game!! Buy it!!!
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"] Yeah I just checked it on Steam, it's only $20.Sweetbackhair

Yeah I'm debating on getting it now or wait until I upgrade my desktop later on because I'm not sure if my laptop will run this game well at all.

What are the specs of your laptop?

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

I hate it. Now I play EVERY type of game, and am pretty forgiving. But I just find it boring. Killing Floor is just so much more fun.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"] Yeah I just checked it on Steam, it's only $20.Sweetbackhair

Ahh okay. Well in that case, I guess I'll see you in the PC Hardware forum some time soon. ;) :)

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
It no match for KF in anyway. It has a bunch of noobs you play as instead of the awesome KF cast. It requires no fps skill, and requires teamwork which is noob stuff. KF you can solo hell on Earth if you are a true warrior.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sweetbackhair

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Just to let you know, there's a user made map that will be included in an official DLC launch by Valve. It's in beta form right now and it's pretty good. You'll have plenty of campaigns to play with your buddies or other players online. Plenty of community to go around and you shouldn't have a hard time finding a lobby/game.broken_bass_bin

What are the specs of your laptop?

I checked their requirements and everything is fine so far for this laptop but my graphics card thats in it.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sweetbackhair

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Just to let you know, there's a user made map that will be included in an official DLC launch by Valve. It's in beta form right now and it's pretty good. You'll have plenty of campaigns to play with your buddies or other players online. Plenty of community to go around and you shouldn't have a hard time finding a lobby/game.Elann2008

Ahh okay. Well in that case, I guess I'll see you in the PC Hardware forum some time soon. ;) :)

Haha don't you worry I know how to upgrade my desktop I've done it before. :)
fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts

It's only fun if you have a good group of people with mic's to play with, otherwise it is pretty boring.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"] Yeah I just checked it on Steam, it's only $20.

my laptop has a mobility ati 4250 which is integrated it runs it fine at the lowest settings 640x480 doesn't look good but framerate is good as long as you don't go into custom servers with 16+ players and increase the max horde amount above the default 30.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sweetbackhair
[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"][QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Just to let you know, there's a user made map that will be included in an official DLC launch by Valve. It's in beta form right now and it's pretty good. You'll have plenty of campaigns to play with your buddies or other players online. Plenty of community to go around and you shouldn't have a hard time finding a lobby/game.

my laptop has a mobility ati 4250 which is integrated it runs it fine at the lowest settings 640x480 doesn't look good but framerate is good as long as you don't go into custom servers with 16+ players and increase the max horde amount above the default 30.

I'm just messing around with my laptops graphics and I just found out that my laptops graphics can go up to a Gigabyte of memory for it so hope thats true and it'll work.
mightymonkey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mightymonkey1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

it's fun for a good while but unless you're playing with friends it can get old. sweet game tho

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#18 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Versus mode elevates it to be one of the developers very best games. The level design is supremely intelligent. I love the characters in it too. As its been mentioned you do need to find people to play with. Or at least play through the SP a few times till you grasp what its about. Its a clever game.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

very fun, and no, you dont need to play with real-life friends to have a good time.

its a great filler imo for when you dont want to load up a game youre gonna spend two hours on. Just play some L4D for 20-40 minutes when your other games seem too involving

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I think it's a very fun game and worth every penny...but if you ask me the first Left 4 Dead is a better game. The first game had this really freaky/scary atmosphere. It was dark, serious, and really felt like 4 people trying to survive/escape a zombie apacolypse. The second game takes a more light hearted approach, even campy at times. The levels are brighter, the music twangy, and just overall IMO not as atmospheric. The first one also had better set pieces. For instance the plane crashing at the airport...f'n epic. I don't think there was anything that matches it in L4D2.

I do like some of L4D2's feature better, it does have more guns and stuff like that. I just can't help but be slightly dissapointed by the slight deviation from the first. Anyways still a great game highly recommended.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

I think it's a very fun game and worth every penny...but if you ask me the first Left 4 Dead is a better game. The first game had this really freaky/scary atmosphere. It was dark, serious, and really felt like 4 people trying to survive/escape a zombie apacolypse. The second game takes a more light hearted approach, even campy at times. The levels are brighter, the music twangy, and just overall IMO not as atmospheric. The first one also had better set pieces. For instance the plane crashing at the airport...f'n epic. I don't think there was anything that matches it in L4D2.

I do like some of L4D2's feature better, it does have more guns and stuff like that. I just can't help but be slightly dissapointed by the slight deviation from the first. Anyways still a great game highly recommended.

Renevent42
I pretty much Agree L4D1 was better. The community however is gone and the game is almost completely deserted.
Lex224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lex224
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

A VERY fun game indeed. It can get boring after a while but then you can always download other maps and form a wee team or something. You really need a mic to unlock it's full potential. Screaming 'IT'S BEHIND YOU!' never get's old.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
You definitely need to play it with friends, even just one will do (I've played this a lot with a buddy of mine). Panic screams and hilarious giggles over the microphone make this game worthwhile. Also, it's just fun to mow down waves of zombies and the team play aspect forces you to cooperate, which is a good thing. :) I avoided this game for a long time, which was a mistake. If you have people to play it with, get it. You can't go wrong with it. ;)
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

i play with my 3 room mates. its the most fun thing EVER.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
It's cheap It has a strong community Tons of content ( + User Made Content) CO-OP mode, Versus mode Worth Buying
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
An unremarkable predictable sequel but a damn good game. With the added campaigns and ports of L4D maps it's even better. I found it highly enjoyable.
Peerbreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Peerbreed
Member since 2009 • 224 Posts
Great game. You should buy it. Plenty of campaigns and a large community. Well worth $20.
KhanhAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KhanhAgE
Member since 2004 • 1345 Posts

In your opinion what do you think of Left 4 Dead 2? Because I just watch videos on Youtube and I was looking up some LAN parties people did and posted it on Youtube and I saw one of 4 friends playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it looked pretty good at what I saw. I don't know if it would be worth buying or not I just want to hear your opinions.

Sweetbackhair
The game is fun... with friends. It becomes boring terribly fast if you play solo.
KillerBill316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#29 KillerBill316
Member since 2008 • 312 Posts
I think it's great fun. I think they're importing more (or all) maps from the original, and for free. Though whether your have friends with you or not, you might wanna play with other human players. Playing solo doesn't really make things as interesting as unpredictable human players can.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 biggest_loser

Renevent42
Left 4 Dead 1 is not a serious or particularly scary game. The characters are still very humorous. Do you really think its better just because of the aesthetics? I mean, L4D2 is not exactly rainbows and lolly pops. Like why does it all have to take place at night? There are some REALLY dark levels like escaping from the flames in the apartment and the sewers. Also, L4D2 has twice as much content. Even more now that the L4D1 maps are coming. There's no reason to get 1 anymore.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

It lacks depth, it could be a much better game given a story, some more RPG elements, a solo/survival mode and more interesting environments.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 biggest_loser

It lacks depth, it could be a much better game given a story, some more RPG elements, a solo/survival mode and more interesting environments.

cyborg100000
Its foremost a MP game. Thats like complaining that Quake 3 Arena doesn't have a story. Having said that, there's more backstory given than in most MP-focussed games. RPG elements wouldn't fit with the pacing of the game. Its meant to be a mad dash from one area to the next. The depth is derived from how well you play together as the survivors and how well as the infected you utilise the environment. And how many MP RPG's are there? Do you really want unlocks in it? There is a single player mode for solo play and there's a mode called Survival where you have to survive as long as possible. The environments have plenty of variety as well. There's no shortage of that and they've been designed around the new infected specifically too.
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
I'm surprised some people have yet to purchase the game, but apparently the Orange Box still sells a nice amount when it goes on sale. It's a fantastic game and well worth the money. Plenty of people still play as well.
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

If this is your first L4D game that you're playing, and if you have friends willing to play with you, it'll be an awesome experience for you. Have fun.

But I would not pay full price for the game, only because I paid the full $50 for L4D1 and what is offered in L4D2 is largely the same, but just done better. Is that enough to justify the price? Not really. Personally, I'll go through a campaign with friends and have fun just hanging out and shooting zombies, but the experience gets old, fast. Even with the custom campaigns, the gameplay to me is shallow.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sweetbackhair
Well I decided that I'm most likely gonna get the game tomorrow, so if any of you guys want to play just add me on Steam my name is "xkaboskyx" so just send me a friend request and we could play a couple of missions.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
If you wait long enough Steam usually ends up selling it for less than 7 bucks. Hasn't been on sale since December, so it's about due for another.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
It's alright they could do some upgrades on it for the PC version like Iron sights instead of aiming from the hip put in DX11 support and make the animations look better.
Avatar image for CarefulSheKills
CarefulSheKills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CarefulSheKills
Member since 2010 • 147 Posts

I enjoyed it very much as I'm a zombie lover..I actually played L4D2 before the 1st since I planned to get L4D1 but then L4D2 was announced & I just waited it out..Haven't played in awhile but they're still rolling out DLC & mutations to keep things fresh which is always appreciated..

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]

biggest_loser
Left 4 Dead 1 is not a serious or particularly scary game. The characters are still very humorous. Do you really think its better just because of the aesthetics? I mean, L4D2 is not exactly rainbows and lolly pops. Like why does it all have to take place at night? There are some REALLY dark levels like escaping from the flames in the apartment and the sewers. Also, L4D2 has twice as much content. Even more now that the L4D1 maps are coming. There's no reason to get 1 anymore.

Compared to the campy 2nd game, I think it is. The characters say some humorous things but it's not very often and is more like occasional comic relief instead of a theme like in the second one. The second game is very campy in my view, down to the music. And yes, atmosphere is important to me and for this reason I enjoyed the first game more. But like I said, the second one has some better features and is still a great game.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sweetbackhair
Well so far I'm liking the game but my laptop isn't the greatest when it comes to it so my performance is bad. But I'm looking forward to upgrading my desktop so I can take it with me to college and play on it a lot.
mightymonkey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mightymonkey1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Well so far I'm liking the game but my laptop isn't the greatest when it comes to it so my performance is bad. But I'm looking forward to upgrading my desktop so I can take it with me to college and play on it a lot.Sweetbackhair

L4D2 is actually a really forgiving game when it comes to graphics demands. you should check out the recommended req's and see if it would run

i run it on my laptop with an iffy graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M) and it runs slick as tetris

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
they had a sale during christmas where both left 4 dead games together were like 10 bucks
porcelain_mai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 porcelain_mai
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I like L4D2 although it feels like it could have just been an expansion for L4D1.

It's cool having new maps and the ability to use melee weapons but those are the things that you can just add onto the already existing game.

the addition of the carnival level was a bad idea... i can't play it due to a phobia of clowns.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sweetbackhair

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]Well so far I'm liking the game but my laptop isn't the greatest when it comes to it so my performance is bad. But I'm looking forward to upgrading my desktop so I can take it with me to college and play on it a lot.mightymonkey1

L4D2 is actually a really forgiving game when it comes to graphics demands. you should check out the recommended req's and see if it would run

i run it on my laptop with an iffy graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M) and it runs slick as tetris

Well I got the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver so I'm not sure if it's even good or not.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sweetbackhair
Well my laptop graphics card is not good enough for this game so I'm gonna upgrade my graphics card on my desktop.
r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#46 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

It's good fun and a huge improvement over L4D. I highly recommend it, despite the lack of official content. But then again, thats why you download user-made campaigns and maps!

Playing with ppl youre familiar with is better than pugging, but even in random groups you can have fun, so long as you all -at least- type to communicate.

Peerbreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Peerbreed
Member since 2009 • 224 Posts

the addition of the carnival level was a bad idea... i can't play it due to a phobia of clowns.porcelain_mai

That's so sad. The Carnival is the best campaign imo.

porcelain_mai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 porcelain_mai
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="porcelain_mai"]the addition of the carnival level was a bad idea... i can't play it due to a phobia of clowns.Peerbreed

That's so sad. The Carnival is the best campaign imo.

:( darn. I guess it's a shame I will never ever EVER in my life ever be able to play it. I can still play the other camps. though :)

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
It runs on Source engine, too outdated for me. Mindless shooting is only fun on Horde in Gears 2.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I find it exceptionally boring. The gunplay is thoroughly uninteresting.