You know a good Zombie survival game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Reaper6666 (154 posts) -

Hi

I'm actually looking for a realistic zombie SURVIVAL game. What I mean with that? A game where you must survive, search for food, keep away from the zombies, find weapons (that don't come in large numbers), get to safety etc etc....

It should be a RPG as well.

Something like "Fort Zombie", but that game blows. Maybe some small gaming company made a game like this?

I was thinking, maybe something like "Crooked Money" or "Car Thief". Where you play on a map.

I know that it probably doesn't exist... But then it's time they start making one! ;)

PS: Please don't post anything like L4D, Res Evil, bladibla... Tried them all, not what I'm looking for.

Preferably offline, but if anyone knows a great one online RPG, please post.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by ProudLarry (13511 posts) -
Killing Floor.
#3 Posted by zaku101 (4356 posts) -

Zombie panic! Not an RPG but I'd recommend you give it a try.

#4 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

Not sure if what you're looking for exists.

As the poster above me said, Killing Floor has RPG elements and is based on survival-style play. Also worth checking out is Zombie Panic: Source, a free mod which focuses on surviving/completing objectives and generally is pretty sparse with weapons and health.

Both of these are online (well, you can play KF in single player, but it was designed and balanced for multiplayer).

#5 Posted by coreybg (2608 posts) -

Searching for food...check

Finding weapons....check

Killing/running from mutants....check

Some RPG elements.....check

STALKER :)

#6 Posted by Treflis (11573 posts) -
I'd say wait for Dead Island.
#7 Posted by Crimsader (11672 posts) -
Try Crimsonland or Shadowgrounds Survivor.
#8 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

I'd say wait for Dead Island.Treflis

When was the last time they released any info on that? I assumed it was vaporware by now.

#9 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

zombie shooter 1 & 2 are decent enough games strictly sp only but it has lan support for co-op survival mode.

rpg elements check

lots of undead .. uhhm this game has more zombies than terrain..

lots of saisfying combat oh yeah!

tbh this is a simple game sent for simple demands from the player.. and really any game that lets me do donuts in a civic with a minigun mounted on it through cascading carcasses is a winner in my book.

#10 Posted by Treflis (11573 posts) -

[QUOTE="Treflis"]I'd say wait for Dead Island.metroidfood

When was the last time they released any info on that? I assumed it was vaporware by now.

Haven't been informed it's vaporware. Though last I heard was when someone from Gamespot had been given some time to actually play a part of it if I'm not mistaken.
#11 Posted by JN_Fenrir (1551 posts) -

Searching for food...check

Finding weapons....check

Killing/running from mutants....check

Some RPG elements.....check

STALKER :)

coreybg
Good call. That's about the closest thing that comes to my mind as well. +1 for S.T.A.L.K.E.R..
#12 Posted by Reaper6666 (154 posts) -

Great. Thanks for all the reactions already. :)

I'll look into Killing floor and Stalker.

Posts are still welcome!

#13 Posted by dakan45 (18621 posts) -
Land of the dead is kinda survival like. The zombies are slow and you can run out of ammo and you have to swtich to meele weapons, also you have to move carefully and search for medktis.
#14 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

Great. Thanks for all the reactions already. :)

I'll look into Killing floor and Stalker.

Posts are still welcome!

Reaper6666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzqBmAhyhQw&feature=related

another tile i strongly recommend is painkiller.. though not anywhere near as complicated as say stalker or l4d is certainly going to scare the f out of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os1u9zmmBC8&feature=related

wtach in 480p.. seriously i didnt sleep for days after i saw some of the stuff in this game the prison, asylum, orphanage, and town were by far the worst a few other creepy ones are military base (very fun), china town, city, mall, and finally the opera house

with the rest being pasee at best.

#16 Posted by millerlight89 (18564 posts) -
I wanted to come in here and let you know about Necrovision TC. It has zombies and other mutant demon creatures. It is an old style run and gun like say painkiller. It really is great deal of fun. I got it from Gamersgate for like $3.50. Not sure if it is still on sale though. It is good for some mindless carnage.
#17 Posted by fabounito (61 posts) -
zombies vs plant