XCOM Enemy Unknown 50% off at Gamefly...Steam activation key included

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by agrippi (1121 posts) -
Just an FYI...someone pointed this out on the Steam winter sale thread. This is the cheapest I've seen the game yet and it can be activated in Steam.
#2 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -

are you sure steam activated? i looked at it looks like you have to download it throught their client

#3 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

Can also use Coupon Code Holiday10/Holiday20 for 10/20% off one time use. Also bare in mind I think it's a Steamworks game so after you buy it you can just go to your order and take the key to steam.

#4 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -

Thanks Twisted Shade !! I used the promo code and bought x-com for 20 bucks at Gamefly and activated at steam

#5 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

Skyrim is also there for £10.

#6 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
Dishonored, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition. Holiday20 works with all of them. Just tested it.
#7 Posted by Peanut04_basic (723 posts) -

Can also use Coupon Code Holiday10/Holiday20 for 10/20% off one time use. Also bare in mind I think it's a Steamworks game so after you buy it you can just go to your order and take the key to steam.

TwistedShade

I know this is a stupid question, but where do I input the codes on the Steam website? I've been looking, but can't find a spot to do it. I know it's probably staring me in the face.

#8 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

Peanut04_basic

I know this is a stupid question, but where do I input the codes on the Steam website? I've been looking, but can't find a spot to do it. I know it's probably staring me in the face.

these codes are for gamelfy not steam
#9 Posted by Peanut04_basic (723 posts) -

I thought they were compatible with steam. Oh well, I'll just use the Gamefly application and the move it to my library, Thanks anyways.

*Edit- I found where I can input the codes for XCOM and The Walking Dead. I can confirm they are infact Steam codes.

#10 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
[QUOTE="Peanut04_basic"]

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

tanerb

the codes work for steam. I just bought L4D2 for a friend under my account. Gave him the code, and he redeemed it on Steam and it worked. Game was L4D2. Any steamworks game works. I bought Skyrim a while back and that worked on Steam too. As long as it's a steamworks game, it's fine. You can find the codes under PURCHASE HISTORY. If you just bought it, give it a minute to refresh and load the product code. It's there.
#11 Posted by Gammit10 (2272 posts) -
SO much is on sale! I just bought Deus Ex HR for $5. Such a steal.
#12 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -
[QUOTE="tanerb"][QUOTE="Peanut04_basic"]

Elann2008

the codes work for steam. I just bought L4D2 for a friend under my account. Gave him the code, and he redeemed it on Steam and it worked. Game was L4D2. Any steamworks game works. I bought Skyrim a while back and that worked on Steam too. As long as it's a steamworks game, it's fine. You can find the codes under PURCHASE HISTORY. If you just bought it, give it a minute to refresh and load the product code. It's there.

I meant the promo codes not the cd key
#13 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
[QUOTE="tanerb"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="tanerb"] these codes are for gamelfy not steam

I meant the promo codes not the cd key

Ahh gotcha. xD